Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jan-11 15:13:09
Print Post

We are getting a DEMO! (Crysis 2 PC)

[link to this post]

Yes that's right you politically correct people!
Wait, that's not right.

Yes it's true you protective coating!

Err

Ah that's it, PC folk!

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/01/28/crysi...

No established date yet, and it's most likely going to be MP, which is good because I'd rather not play the first mission again (looking at you Crysis) as the demo.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 29-Jan-11 17:27:28
Print Post

Re: We are getting a DEMO! (Crysis 2 PC)

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

So i heard.............Shame for you guys with old generation technology laugh Seems developers are leaving the Pc Community in there droves ....

How things are changing because there was a time when the game always got a pc release first and consoles were a after thought.

Only kidding about the Technology Gzero as we all know that the Pc Versions allways look the best but im afraid if you want to make serious money from development of games then its consoles.
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jan-11 22:30:07
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Or you want to be milked with the announcement of expansions for the console versions of Deadspace 2, but nothing for the PC.

It's a good thing they announced it on the day of release, ya know, just so you feel loved on the consoles and all, so you don't feel like they may have left some material out of DS 2 just so they could make their little expansion.

/sorry for the tone, it's not aimed at t2d, just the way publishers think about money before the customer. I am not entertained. laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Jan-11 00:52:45
Print Post

No Probs mate i understand your frustration as i was once a avid PC gamer and played nothing else,talking about Dead Space 2 while we are on the subject and i will say its one of the most intense action horror games that i have ever played and its absolutely brilliant in every way..........Design,graphics,tension,layout,lighting this game has the lot .

All i can say to people toying with the idea of getting this game is Do It and Do it now and i bet its one of the best horror games you will ever play with quite a challenge to boot.

I gave this game a 9/10 after playing it for about 45 minutes,i am now on Chapter 7 of 15 and its took me about 6 hours and i have to say i can not remember the last time a game gripped me like Dead Space 2 has.

This game will be overlooked by many and they are missing out on a horror masterpiece which is a superb class product in every shape and form.

3 years ago Dead Space arrived and was sadly cast to one side by many even though it came from nowhere and got outstanding reviews,Dead Space 2 has now arrived and it not only exceeds it on every level its breathtaking gaming entertainment at its best................You have been told now go buy the game.

Based on what i have played so far i now give this game a 9.5/10 no question.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 31-Jan-11 11:52:13
Print Post

How things are changing? The rise of the console has been meteoric and the majority of developers realised long ago that the console market is the dominant one and have been focussing on that. Maybe I misinterpret what you say but from your posts it sounds like it is a new thing andthat it is the death knell for the PC market. Which is not the case I think. The PC market may not dominate but it is strong enough to warrant investment and will still be around in years to come smile

As I say, sorry if I misinterpret but I am a PC gamer and am not worrying yet that its days are numbered smile

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Jan-11 12:58:34
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

It was a little bit of harmful banter regarding consoles v PC ilh between me and Gzero,i myself played nothing but PC games for many years but like most i got sick to death with constant upgrades such as Graphic cards.Ram,and the rest.

My best gaming years were spent playing PC years but developers are moving there attention it seems to consoles as opposed the PC market.

I am not saying the PC market is dead but focus seems to be consoles more so as there tends to be more money for developers and publishers alike.

Five years ago most things were developed for the PC market and consoles were a after though and ported 18 months later,now it seems that they develop most stuff with consoles in mind First.......

Edited by time2die (Mon 31-Jan-11 12:59:13)

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 01-Feb-11 16:20:24
Print Post

Casting my mind back, I think Halo kind of kicked it all off.

Also, have you had a chance to kick around Crysis 2?
Bit worried because a lot of pc gamers are claiming it feels like a step backwards.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:24:24
Print Post

Halo was been developed for Pc Until Microsoft saw a opportunity and bought Bungie...............Then Halo was born on the first Microsoft xbox.

And that was 2000 eleven years ago................

Edited by time2die (Tue 01-Feb-11 17:25:08)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 01-Feb-11 17:49:18
Print Post

Halo was developed for the MAC until APPLE decided to shun them, apple was meant to have a game service in the pipelines which they then shunned, this pushed bungie to seek investment from else where, which happened to be microsoft.

There are many things which halo does which came from other games, at the time it was a rather generic fps to those who had previous exposure to games i.e namely those who gamed on PC, although it still is sorta generic it managed to create its own ground as a console fps.
Standard User ccxo
(learned) Tue 01-Feb-11 20:02:02
Print Post

How can PC gamers judge crisis 2 on the 360 wait for the PC demo to be released first.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to