Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 08:36:55
Print Post

Killzone 3 And Bulletstorm......Any takers.

[link to this post]

Killzone 3 [Playstation 3 Exclusive ] and Bulletstorm arrive next week so who is getting what.

Having played the closed beta of Killzone 3 i have to say i was impressed with this game,saying that the open beta which has just finished became a bit of a sham because it had massive online issues and for most part of the 12 days it was available nobody could connect.

Now to release a public beta [which its not] because you don't release beta a couple of weeks before launch that does not let anyone play is really stupid.

I expect a few issues [server side] but not 10 days later with pure frustration looking at loading screens that don't get you anywhere.

If this happens at retail then the **** is going to hit the fan.

Apart from that the games awesome...............I also am looking forward to bulletstorm and that seems to be a lot of fun and something a little different in this crowded FPS game market.

Edited by time2die (Fri 18-Feb-11 08:37:34)

Standard User Matchstick
(member) Fri 18-Feb-11 09:19:33
Print Post

Re: Killzone 3 And Bulletstorm......Any takers.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Personally I'm really looking forward to Killzone 3 but couldn't care any less about the state of the servers as I've absolutely no interest in MP gaming anymore.

I'm particularly hoping that the Move controlls for KZ3 will live up to their hype as I've always found console FPSing a hateful experience with a standard controller.

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 10:00:25
Print Post

[re: Matchstick] [link to this post]

I would hazard a guess that around 80% of Killzone 3 buyers will buy it for the online experience alone.

Strange how you do not like the multiplayer side of games which is were most games are going these days with single campaigns been cut all the time.

I have the Playstation Move and i have no interest in using it to play this game along with the navigation stick..........Most would argue that a keyboard /mouse is the best method for FPS and coming from a Pc background i would tend to agree.

Having adapted to console gaming and control pads for about a decade plus i also think that a Move controller has to come bottom of the pile when playing this type of game.

Besides i like playing my games with the lights dimmed low and the Playstation eye is not that user friendly when these settings and conditions are applied.

I have heard the move support is really good in Killzone 3 but i just can not see this method going head to head against really good Killzone 3 players such as myself laugh.

I just don't think the move reaction times are quick enough,and having to use both hands one for the move and one for the navigation controller seems a little to much for such a fast paced type of game.

Since i have not tried out the move on killzone 3 then its just a personal opinion so i may just have to test it out next week just out of interest.

Anyway mate enjoy the game ....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 24-Feb-11 13:25:09
Print Post

Has anyone tried Bulletstorm yet? Tempted to rent it for a few days to see if it's worth a purchase or not!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Feb-11 14:56:06
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

There is a demo Jaxx if you have a console,my copy has just dropped through the door so the temptation to play later this evening may be to great even though i am really getting into Killzone 3.

Bulletstorm looks super cool and a hell of a lot of fun,has had some amazing reviews and had some average reviews but its my type of game...........Anything FPS is my type of game though as long as its half decent.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 24-Feb-11 15:23:34
Print Post

Yea I'm pretty much the same! Sounds good I will check the demo out later then, if I like it I will go to Game and get it at the weekend, if you take it back before 10th March you get £35 back! Great offer, £5 for the game smile

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Feb-11 15:29:15
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Thats around the time of Homefront and Crysis 2.........Well within a week so you can get a credit and buy one of these games if your interested and not keeping Bulletstorm.

Demo is short Jaxx no more than 5 minutes but it will give you a good insight to make a decision if you like it or not.

Its not officially out until tomorrow Jaxx so apart from the short demo i would imagine there is little in the way people can tell you if its good or not.

Reviews are a bit of hit and miss to be honest,when i say miss i mean scoring 7/10 which is by no means a bad score,then we have other sites saying its put the fun back in FPS and is awesome and such a blast to play.

Edited by time2die (Thu 24-Feb-11 15:32:42)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 24-Feb-11 18:26:15
Print Post

My friends copy arrived today so i had a go round at his.

It looks nice and all and some of the humour had us laughing (when you see the trex you'll understand), but it seems to try too hard in some places. The naming of some of the combos are great but i was left disappointed at the chaining system, for example you can slide kick a guy off a cliff (+25 bulletslide) and as hes slowmo falling you shoot him in the neck, now if he was on ground standing that'd give you a gag reflex (50+) but it doesn't when hes in the air, even if you shoot him in the head you'd only get a headshot (+25) with the bullet slide and thats it, when the dead guy falls off the cliff you won't get the vertigo bonus (+50), so what could have been a 125 combo or 75 you only get 50, sure its not a major amount but its a simplest combo i could think of.

In some cases i'd say you have to try too hard to get a high combo, unlike the trailers its not always possible.

From what i've played its entertaining for the first play through at least, i suspect its replayability depends on how much you like score attacks and bettering leaderboards etc, or if you have a 360 and want to hold out for that gears of war 3 beta cause you'll be needed that bulletstorm disk.
  Print Thread

Jump to