Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Mar-11 09:42:05
Print Post

Looking forward to this game.....

[link to this post]

Comes out in May and its called Brink !

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/NEW%20RELEASES/PS3BR03-Bri...

Actual gameplay..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSXr_85Ctm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIUlWztmq0

Edited by time2die (Tue 01-Mar-11 09:50:50)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 01-Mar-11 13:26:42
Print Post

Re: Looking forward to this game.....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yeah I recently stumbled upon that when looking up details for another of Bethesda's hotly anticipated titles, Skyrim. Brink definitely seems to have some intriguing gameplay elements to it and looks like it might well be worth a look.

That action key thing is really clever and takes the likes of say, Gears of War's cover key and other games' which use such a system of situational key/button action-binding thing to a whole new level. Very clever - seems like such an obvious thing to have implement you wonder why it's taken so long to see it in games.

Will keep a keen eye out for it but there are so many great looking games coming out this year, like DNF and the new Deux Ex that I'd have no money left to even eat if I got everything! Mind you that wouldn't be such a bad trade off. wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 01-Mar-11 13:44:54
Print Post

Actually did you see this one from Bethesda too? RAGE. It basically looks like an exciting version of Fallout 3 in terms of setting/landscape but with much needed cars and looks awesome from the vid: Official Site and Wiki. Check out the trailer!

Also, just in case you haven't seen it yet, the latest in the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim is looking absolutely fantastic from the latest trailer. Skyrim site and wiki.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Mar-11 15:26:54
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Food or Games SPook................Ummmm.............Think i will go on a diet ?....No Brainer!.

Rage looks cool and i have a version on my Ipad but sadly with my eyes getting a tad worse as we all get a little older i tend not to play my ipad/iphone games as much as i would like.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Mar-11 15:33:03
Print Post

Hey Spook without getting to technical how do you do the link things like your official site and Wiki thing instead of all the original http/link stuff.

I used to do it myself but i have completly forgot how to do it..............Looks so much nicer when you post a trailer of a game and the link reads LOOK HERE instead of the usual long text associated with various links.

Cheers matey smile

Hey cancel that Spook i just figured it out on here when posting as there is a method to do it direct from the forum when posting stuff called................LINK....

I know there is another way also of making the link smaller so you could tell me that if you like mate so i can use it on other sites that dont support it unlike this one.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 01-Mar-11 21:12:05
Print Post

Yeah let's take a look

Ah, so you finally found the LINK button eh? wink Yeah, I used to copy the code from the FAQ here at TB. All the stuff you can do is listed under the HTML markup FAQ.

It's been a long time since I've used a bulletin board like this one. I used to help run a gaming website that used the same kind of Invision type software as this one so some of the code was the same.

The link code where you hide the URL and replace it with blue text as your link basically goes:

{url="http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/reply/gaming/f3973550.html?vc=1"}Yeah let's take a look[/url}

Replace the { brackets } with the correct [ square ] type so [ ] instead of { }. I had to change them otherwise the link would have been formatted by the site's software and therefore hidden. Now TB have implemented a handy set of blue buttons above the post box to have your text formatted for you when you select it and press one of the corresponding boxes - B (bold) I (Italics) U (Underlined) Link and Quote, it's much easier but takes some playing around with to get used to.

Sometimes it's quicker and easier to just bung the http whatnot link in just as it is. Provided it isn't a million miles long no harm done but yes, it looks a bit neater if you can format it with the new(ish) 'Link' button. Essentially the first part is the http URL link and then after the closed ] bracket you have your own text. The little box which pops up allows you to post the link above in the URL box and have your text for that link in the box underneath. Some sites use slightly different formatting so it doesn't always follow exactly the same structure but it's more or less the same. I don't know much about it all to be honest. If I can help more I'll definitely try to so just ask if you want better clarification. Someone else who actually knows what they are doing might step in!

Did you check out the Skyrim trailer then, time2die? I thought it was freakin' amazing myself but you might not be so excited seeing as how you probably aren't much of an Oblivion fan?! Oblivion was practically the only RPG of its type to get me interested in something other than running and gunning. Fallout 3 was ok too but you can't beat Oblivion. I have very high hopes for Skyrim though I expect it'll have just as many flaws in gameplay as Oblivion does. Still plenty of good stuff to balance it out I reckon.

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 01-Mar-11 21:17:55)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 01:21:06
Print Post

Hey thanks for the heads up Spook but after the first paragraph i got a headache trying to get to grips with you trying to help this poor bleeder out.

I will stick with the Link when posting on this forum Spook as technical stuff bores me to death.

FPS are my favourite games along with games like Zelda on the WII and other games such as ICO and Shadow Of Colossus on the Playstation.

Games like Oblivion and Fallout 3 along with Mass Effect are great games that i have bought and tried,but to be honest mate within hours i am frustrated with all the tedious chat and boring quests and i have very little time or patience to stick with these type of games.

I got half way through Mass effect 2 until something else came along and that game was quickly forgotton even though i can see its a exceptional game .

Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm are taking up all my time and Bulletstorm is brilliant i have to say.

Did not look at your link Spook but i will do now,doubt time2die will get that excited though mate.

Just checked the trailer to that elder scrolls game mate and i have to agree it looks pretty amazing and it may tempt me to get this game after seeing how lovely it looks.

THIS is what excited me the most regarding a game which is coming to the Playstation this year [exclusive]

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Mar-11 09:19:19)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 07:54:59
Print Post

Well, if you were fond of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus it seems you can't go wrong with Fumito Ueda's latest title, The Last Guardian then.

I haven't played any of those games as I guess they're all exclusive to the Playstation. If I'm honest, that trailer, whilst interesting, looked more like an animated film. I was concerned your freedom to do what you want would be seriously curtailed. But I guess fans of the series know exactly what to expect as it's more about solving puzzles?

From the description it would seem a lot of patience would be needed in order to persevere with a game by Mr Ueda. I don't think I could handle it but then, I can easily handle Oblivion's monotonous and incessantly dumb characters so it's horses for courses I suppose.

On the subject of Brink, I watched those videos thanks. Gave me a lot more info about what to expect with actual gameplay. Previously I'd only watched the airport developer's commentary, which is here if you wanna see if you've seen it yet. It was pretty good.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 09:25:06
Print Post

It will be a role playing game for sure but thoses 2 previous games you mentioned of Fumito Uedas games were brilliant.

I will have a go at most games if they look impressive but one type of gaame that does not interest me in the slightest is Sports Games.

Anything Sports is a no go and that includes nearly every racing game except Burnout which was the only game i enjoyed.
  Print Thread

Jump to