Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 09:31:32
Print Post

Gameplay footage from EA's upcoming Battlefield 3

[link to this post]

You can see it HERE and i have to say what small amount of game play shown it looks stunning.

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Mar-11 09:32:28)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 09:51:31
Print Post

Re: Gameplay footage from EA's upcoming Battlefield 3

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Nice find boss! Very like the trailer of course but hopefully pretty raw footage. But it doesn't really tell us much about how the important multiplayer side of things will look and play.

Have you read any of the super dumb comments from all the little idiots likely to be playing this game alongside us more mature folk? If that's reflective of the kind of mentality of player then it's no wonder I get so angry in-game sometimes.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 10:21:23
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yeah Spook but at least its a little better than the small teaser trailer that was released last week that showed basically nothing.

Game does look amazing though not that i have really enjoyed any of the battlefields games in the past,played the last one on a xbox 36o and again forgot about that a week later and went back to COD MW,now sadly that never gets played as its basically been ruined by hackers on the playstation network.

Biggest gripe i have when playing games online is the people you care to talk about in your previous post,i have invested in many different kinds of headsets for both my consoles,from Turtle beach and now my personal favourite my Logitech headset with microphone that works with both the playstation 3 and 360.

What i find on consoles is a bunch of immature mindless idiots that do not now the correct way to communicate or use there microphones because they think us serious gamers want to hear there rubbish music in the background or some screaming baby or they think its so funny to whistle constantly.

Mainly i just don't have the microphone on unless on the rare occasion i hear someone that sounds a little mature and speaks English.

I remember my fond memories of running COD UO servers many years back and the many players that used to frequent our maps and servers that were modded with the AWE mod and Modern weapons mod.

We all used TEAM SPEAK and it was really grown up and mature,besides we kicked out the odd idiot that used to come in but that was hardly ever.

Like i said in previous posts about immature people and console gaming ,here lies the problem................Its easy for a 10 year old to have a xbox 360 or playstation 3 unlike a nice PC rig.

I can actually say in the 5 years i spent running servers and playing all sorts of pc games online i never heard one teenager or immature person on the Microphone as everybody that used the facility was a Grown up.

On that note Spook its great to have you back and posting because its now made the visit to the Think Broadband Gaming forums worth it once again .laugh

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Mar-11 10:22:58)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 11:58:53
Print Post

It's true kids are ruining game play
I blame the parents, they shouldn't let the kids have these 18 rated games in the first place but they just want to shut them in their bedrooms out of the way.

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 15:37:45
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Never a truer word spoken Swanny..........Totally agree with what your saying and its the biggest problem with console gaming,

Its a shame there is not a system in place were you can play with like minded mature individuals ,even some security in place when these music playing teenagers get booted.............Spoils the whole concept of using any form of communication.

Best that we all get involved in a mature clan if we can find enough mature people on the networks...
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 15:55:30
Print Post

At least with BFBC2 on the PS3 you can just play with a squad of 3 friends. I only squad play even when my mates aren't on and if I was put in a squad with screaming kids I'd leave.
I have noticed that even in non squad the noise you get is nowhere as bad as COD games.
What we need is a great FPS game that kids think is uncool to play laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:09:42
Print Post

Haha. I completely agree with your comments. T2D is dead right, you're spot on.

I'm fortunate to never have really experienced online gaming on a console. I've seen the vids and heard the sheer intolerable amount of immature noise and it's amazing to think that could have been me if the internet and online gaming had been around when I was 11 or 12 or something. I doubt it though, I was never quite that much of a brat but I guess if I was with my mates then who knows? Peer pressure eh?

It's pretty sad but I guess if I were a parent I'd probably just cave in and let me kids ruin their lives playing restricted games just for a bit of peace and quiet in the evenings. It's the easy way out. What ever happened to watching telly and god forbid, reading books? I haven't read a book for ages myself. Too busy on the net.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:12:21
Print Post

Kids like virtually anything so i doubt that will happen,worse case for me is Halo and the Cod games......................Playing Killzone 3 at the moment and there is plenty of idiots on there also.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:16:59
Print Post

I don't deserve any credit at all for increased traffic here mate. You pretty much generate a good 80% of comment here yourself through your tireless posting.

There are some really great looking games coming out and now I've got my own proper internet connection again (and not just my cr.app.y mobile phone one), I can use my proper big powerful PC to game again!

I am really looking forward to getting stuck in but just now I'm playing Oblivion until I finish it again for the third time! Then I'll likely go back to BF2 and then get round to finishing the games I got last year like BBC2 and Crysis expansion pack thing before i can think about anything new. But so much good stuff on the horizon, it'd be impossible not to be a little excited.

Would love to post more but I suspect I've exhausted myself already. I'm never really the first to find out stuff and hate creating new topics when nobody even responds so I tend to just slip the little I do know into unrelated posts as most people seem to know very well what's going on out there anyway so it's not news to them. Shame they don't create a new topic really. Maybe I should make a new Skyrim one? What about a new Deux Ex Human Revolution one? Someone who actually knows more details about this kind of thing should post about ti? I'm a novice when what we need is a master. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:22:29
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

If i was a tad younger Spook and had the top of the range latest rig i might have got back into PC Gaming.

What i dislike about Pc Gaming is how close you have to be to the monitor when playing games with a keyboard/mouse set up.

I know you can use pads but being tied to a office desk only a foot from a screen does give me a headache.

Console gaming is the lazy way out and besides the downsides like limited amount of graphical clout and Ram and whatever it serves me well.

I only wish when the next generation of consoles come around they pack it with state of the art technology so it can really shine years down the line.

There are some lovely looking games on both 360 and Playstation but there coming on 5 years old now and its time for one of them to step up to the mark and give us a really powerfull console that may convert a few Pc gamers.

I suppose the problem is the PRICE POINT as people are just not prepared to pay much more than £200 for a new console...............Sony found that out to there cost.

Since i am Gaming mad i would have no trouble parting with £500 for a next generation console if it had some state of the art bits in it and it could compete on the graphics side to High end pc.

Imagine a console that could play Crysis 2 on Max Settings..............The Mind Boggles ? wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to