Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:42:34
Print Post

Interesting Screenshot comparisons on Pc and Consoles Crysis

[link to this post]

Have to say the consoles look really close to the pc,well they do with my fading

EYES

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Mar-11 18:43:52)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Mar-11 19:56:51
Print Post

Re: Interesting Screenshot comparisons on Pc and Consoles Cr

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Cant really see much difference there, aside from one being lighter than the other.

As the Xbox 360 is just a ring-fenced PC, it should look pretty similar to a proper one...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Mar-11 21:11:46
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Your forgetting that the gamma is tweaked on the xbox and ps3, so none of them will look alike in terms of colours and shades.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 21:36:24
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Link is dead :|

IDK from watching trailers of the 360 and PS3 then physically seeing the PC in motion they don't look a like, hard to describe, things look more flat on consoles.

Gzero has a point though, 360 images are always darker, PS3 is always lighter (hence why shadows and stuff look naff on the ps3)
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 22:32:45
Print Post

Um, site's written in German? Any speakers can translate it? My old eyes can barely see what I am typing from this distance. I could tell some difference besides the light/dark distinction. There's a difference in visible detail/acutance (sharply defined edges) as well as field of view.

Plus some differences in lighting and in the last screen shots there are less buildings in the bottom (Xbox?) picture. My monitor needs recalibrating though and things look a little darker than they should so that would exaggerate the top pics which look too dark to me for lack of shadow detail.

I personally wouldn't read too much into things as it's really hard to tell with such low resolution shots and there's always going to be the factor of their screen calibration (video card settings) and how our own monitors are set up. Most of us don't have a clue how to set contrast/brightness correctly or correctly calibrate colour profiles. And most can't be ar$ed to do it either even if we did know what we were doing. I know I can't.

So long as you can see what's going on and it looks pretty, bring it on! PCs will always pwn. The next generation of consoles will be something a little more special than the last of course and are bound to have more media/PC integration though that's stating the obvious really. Microsoft will definitely go blu ray this time round then, I suppose? Too early for holographic drives I guess!

Edited by SPOOKish (Wed 02-Mar-11 22:33:49)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Mar-11 00:58:11
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

The Link works just fine Falcon........Personally regardless of the PC been the superior beast i think the console screenshots look really good as far as i am concerned.

All will be revealed in the next 3 weeks when it hits the retail market and i can come on here saying what a load of old tripe Crysis 2 is and how i will go back to PC Gaming.wink
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 03-Mar-11 03:36:57
Print Post

Links working now, i originally got a 404 and some dude smashing his monitor with a keyboard.

One thing ive noticed in those screenshots is you cant see the text down the side of the guns in the demo and on my cousin who grabbed the leak you could make out the text easily and stuff.

Edited by FireFalcon (Thu 03-Mar-11 03:45:33)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Mar-11 09:36:57
Print Post

I downloaded the demo again on the Xbox live service again on Tuesday and it has another map,having trouble with the game controls and i am getting owned by most player i meet.

Think i need to invest some time with this game and a single player demo would be better to get used to this game.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 03-Mar-11 11:31:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by FireFalcon:
Links working now, i originally got a 404 and some dude smashing his monitor with a keyboard.

That dude might've been me! I have often felt like giving my computer a good whack with the keyboard. Think I know the one you mean though, big guy working in an office really going berserk.
  Print Thread

Jump to