Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Mar-11 17:30:30
Print Post

So what you buying ?

[link to this post]

So will it be Homefront a week on Friday or will it be Crysis 2 the following week,will it be both or will it be neither.

As stated in recent posts i am completely unsure about Homefront,one minute it looks pants when i look at the single player and next video i watch of Multiplayer it looks interesting and intriguing once again.

Anybody else feel the same about this game or has any nagging doubts and concerns.

There is a couple of reviews out PSN magazine giving it 83% out of 100 and the Official playstation magazine [Italy] giving the game a 9/10.

PSN reports single player is a mere 5 hours long but wanted more at the end as it was quite action packed and different..................

I will monitor these reviews closely especially next week just before release as depending on some of the major gaming sites i may yet cancel
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 08-Mar-11 18:39:28
Print Post

Re: So what you buying ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Neither.

I dont think homefront will pack anything worthwhile, I was hoping it might have a decent campaign but as you mentioned then, 5 hr campaign?

Crysis 2 from what i've seen and heard it looks pretty but thats about it, the story is wishywashy and misses quite a few important things from crysis 1 namely the main characters, suit abilities are too compressed and no replacements are provided leaving you to toggle between a couple of proper ones, plus they pretty much ditched the whole destructible environment thing from crysis 1. I guess if you like the multiplayer part of it you might want to pick it up.

It seems both these games are stacked towards multiplayer hoping for the best with a single player campaign tacked on, unimpressive really.
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Tue 08-Mar-11 19:23:58
Print Post

I'm going for homefront first. It might not be amazing but it can't be worse than Black Ops!

In a couple of months when I have FTTC I will get crysis.

The reason for that is the lag I get at the moment means having to adjust your style of play somewhat. That's much easier to do on this type of game (like the cod series).

I never played Crysis 1, but my friend was playing it on the PC at the weekend.
May have been a demo, is it actually released on the PC yet?
Anyway, linked up to the 46" plasma it looked fantastic.
Trouble is it's got lots of jumping/stomping/sliding moves going on! Was great fun, but don't think my laggy connection would make the most of that in multiplayer if I have to camp down!

Will definitely give it a go on my new connection though. Doubt it will look as sharp on the PS3 unfortunately. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Mar-11 19:25:37
Print Post

Nothing taking my fancy just finisished Assassins Creed Brotherhood so may jump back into Battlefield BC2. Just got the Kinect so next purchases will be with that in mind I think.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-11 00:06:12
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Actually i have heard that crysis 2 is at least a solid 12 hour single player experience and the multiplayer will take you at least 60 hours of online gaming to fully rank up[thats if your good enough]

I am hoping that Homefront turns out to be a sleeper hit and has a great online experience ,but until the main gaming sites and magazines start reviewing it little is known.

Been flicking between the Playstation version of crysis 2 and 360 because of some gaming site saying the playstation version had serious flaws,then i read about this in another gaming magazine/site and they said it looked incredible for a console and none of the mentioned flaws had they noticed.

Problem for me nothing excites me more than a new game especially when its decent.

Edited by time2die (Wed 09-Mar-11 00:08:15)

Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Mar-11 19:01:28
Print Post

i bought DCS:A-10C recently (i actually got it while it was stil in beta but it went retail a week or two ago) its an incredible game if your into flight sims, people might have heard of the previous game by the same devs DCS: Black Shark both are super complex study sims but they are a lot of fun once you learn how things work, satisfying as well when you successfully drop a gbu on a tank or kill one with the A10's main gun much more so than most games that dont really require any skill to play. this is a promo video for A10-C

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUu4SV3GjVw

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Fri 11-Mar-11 19:44:35
Print Post

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

Sims are not really my bag, but it does look fantastic. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 14-Mar-11 00:37:50
Print Post

Brink looks like it might be worth a blast and is released on 20th May so a little way off yet. Sad to see it only supports 8 players each side though but gameplay sounds interesting from the preview at Bit Tech I just linked to.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Mar-11 08:12:16
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Brink has me interested but it does look very much like Team Fortress with cartoon type characters
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Mon 14-Mar-11 17:23:24
Print Post

Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood are what I'm eyeing at the moment, DRM and user feedback permitting. All on PC.

Edited by e102gamma (Mon 14-Mar-11 17:25:01)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to