Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-11 17:14:55
Print Post

Homefront...Online pass £6.29

[link to this post]

Already on the Playstation store is the facility to download a online pass to play and rank up online with the game Homefront.

Now why this is on the store already is anyone's guess as the game does not ship until a week Friday.

This payment does not effect players that buy a original copy of the game,but once its traded and the codes been used by that previous person [Online pass ships with game] then the next person has to pay for the second hand game then find out he has to fork out another £6.29 to get the fully fledged features of online play.

Now i think its game developers and publishers trying to reap more benefit out of the second had market and i don't think this is the way to go.

You can see the report HERE
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Mar-11 17:50:09
Print Post

Re: Homefront...Online pass £6.29

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Grrrr!!! [censored]!!!

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Mar-11 18:18:52
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I personally wouldn't pay anything to them to access full online play, what a rip off if you have bought the game then you automatically buy access to full online features too as it is part of the game that you bought,
If not ,return to where you purchased it ,& demand a full refund it's a bit like cod games with their after launch release of extra maps, that are part of the game & most probably where supposed to of been included in it, So how can they charge for it,? but there again if people will part with their dosh, it's like taking candy from a baby i suppose,
one of the joys of using a console instead of a pc for gaming, they never charge the pc platform users

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 09-Mar-11 18:21:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 09-Mar-11 20:33:33
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

TBH I think it is fair in a sense, preowning is getting ridiculous an email i got the other day from GAME was offering a preorder on a 3DS, once you get it you play it for a while then preown it. Basically you get to rent a 3DS from day 1 for £7 :|.

Now they are offering PREORDERS on preowned titles, if GAME are doing this it means gamestation will too, with hmv/tesco/etc all trying to muscle in on the second hand market its getting far too silly.

Games aren't meant to be disposable goods, yet the preowning market is turning them into just that.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 09:28:07
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

What I don't like is when you see a new copy of a game for £40 and a pre-owned copy for £38
Greedy [censored]

=TLP=Swanny
  Print Thread

Jump to