Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Mar-11 10:07:34
Print Post

Crysis 2 Side by Side Vid (PC vs Xbox)

[link to this post]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gj6fgnMvQw&hd=1&rel=0

Thought this was interesting to see.

Edited by Gzero (Thu 10-Mar-11 10:14:28)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 16:14:48
Print Post

Re: Crysis 2 Side by Side Vid (PC vs Xbox)

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I dont think the console version is to bad Gzero infact i think it looks mighty special,there will never be a day when a console out performs a top end pc but i am happy that they have Crysis 2 looking that good on a 360 and a Playstation 3 hopefully.

I could invest and buy a high end graphic card but i love the easy way that a console gives you,total comfort and a massive lcd television..............Just lie back and enjoy playing games in comfort.................Unlike playing a Pc when lets face it your 1 foot from a monitor locked in a small room or office with backache to boot .

Don't get me wrong some of the best times i have had playing online games have been with a PC,But now i am more for comfort and convenience to be honest.
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 10-Mar-11 17:44:16
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Having played crysis 2 in person on PC and 360 you can notice the difference, even with the PC on medium.

I can't comment on how "special" it looks because IMO it looks like there is vaseline everywhere, on the PC its more matted though (all be it being like its on the guys visor instead of just on objects like the 360 which seems to give a gloss look) and generally gives a better feeling/look, the smaller details in the background, enhanced lighting and better shadows give the definitive advantage. It still looks nice but I suspect if you have a PS3 you will be saying uncharted 2 looks better.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Mar-11 18:04:58
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

For a console game it looks pretty good and i agree even on lower pc settings it probebly looks better.

But i think or i hope that the game ends up being a blast regardless of what platform you buy it on,i did not play to much of the xbox 360 multiplayer as i found it a little confusing and i just had to many other online games to play.

Only the other day when i had a quick blast did i realise you are supposed to pick up the dog tags on the people you shoot [Doh] crazy

Edited by time2die (Thu 10-Mar-11 18:05:39)

Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Mar-11 18:36:53
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

is that all mp footage? the mp demo on pc is locked to dx 9 medium settings i think (i havnt actually tried it).

i dont see why you would play a game like crysis 2 on console, crysis is all about graphics playing it at anything but max settings is just a waste of time

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Mar-11 20:12:55
Print Post

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

If you are used to a top end pc [And i was in the past] but only now gaming through consoles then it matters not.

People that have not experienced the first Crysis on there top end pc [and by the way most could still not play it] then consoles gamers can not make that comparison and to them it looks awesome for a console game.

To be honest i don't see what i would call a game breaker in terms of difference from the pc/console versions that Gzero posted.

Whatever you get it on i am sure if the game turns out pretty decent in the reviews department everyone will be happy regardless of what they are playing it on.
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Mar-11 10:21:17
Print Post

Nah I just thought the video was interesting to see what the differences were. I'm probably not going to get Crysis 2, the features just don't interest me this time around.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 11:59:53
Print Post

Help Me Decide Lads...What Version.

There is so much talk about the difference in quality regarding the Xbox 360 and Playstation versions of the game Crysis 2.

I reckon i have until Tuesday evening to decide on what console,after viewing THESE.

I have heard Crytek quoting that ign.com who said the P3 version is flawed compared to the 360 are full of [censored].

But who is telling porkies here judging by the screenshots from lens of truth,we are also led to believe that the playstation version of the game that has just been pulled from the store [after a mere 2 days,that's if you could connect] is the later build,the xbox demo released 6 weeks ago was from a older build but still looked better than the updated Playstation version.

Lets not talk about the PC Here because most of the news is avoid the playstation version but there are a few sites saying the playstation version is in some ways more superior to the xbox 360................Confused.com or what.

What console would you choose if you were interested in the game based on what we have read about the 2 versions so far.

UPDATE

THIS gaming site has just uploaded a video of the final xbox 360 version and it looks really good,i dont know why people are saying that this game is not graphically brilliant and comparing it to Killzone 3.

I have Killzone 3 and its a good game but there is no way on earth the graphics are better in Killzone 3,some of the maps are just plain boring.

Edited by time2die (Fri 18-Mar-11 20:34:44)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:24:42
Print Post

Re: Help Me Decide Lads...What Version.

They say the PC version is much the same as the one for the Xbox 360 and requires less graphical grunt than an old Atari VCS 2600.

It's a huge disappointment really and I definitely won't be parting with any cash for Crysis 2 until I can be sure it's a step up from the original and not weaker both in graphics and gameplay.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 20:37:23
Print Post

Re: Help Me Decide Lads...What Version.

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Thanks Spook for pointing me in the right direction wink

Only kidding my pc loving mate.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to