Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Mar-11 13:22:05
Print Post

Is this game going to Own or what ?

[link to this post]

Game of they year for sure based on just a couple of videos of this awesome looking game..............EPISODE 2 HERE

Kind of wish someone would invent a time machine so i can fast forward 7 months wink

Makes Homefront look like a Playstation 1 game by the looks of this video and based on the aweful reviews Homefront has been recieving............And this sucker once again fell for the hype and expects this turkey to drop through the letterbox Thursday Morning...............Oh well can be traded for a 3DS following week if it turns out as to be expected............PANTS............Im just hoping i actually go against the reviewers and actually see something i like.

Edited by time2die (Wed 16-Mar-11 13:30:53)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 17-Mar-11 10:27:44
Print Post

Re: Is this game going to Own or what ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Kind of wish someone would invent a time machine so i can fast forward 7 months wink

Reckon I'd fast forward 12 months to avoid both another long winter and all the pre-patch chaos.

Video was all right. Thanks for linking. That sniper was a bit of a rubbish shot, huh? It was just the fact it was (obviously) heavily scripted and we'd seen segments of it before that put me off a little.

What excites me more is the potential to be playing those kinds of maps online with all that graphical goodness!

Hopefully HomeFront won't be a complete DOA game for you then T2D. Let us know what you thoughts are on that one. Cheers.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Mar-11 10:53:55
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yeah Spook thoughts and opinions later as i wait with baited breath [Not] for the package to arrive in a hour or two.

Hope i completely disagree with the many negative reviews and find at least a weeks worth of fun online until i trade it the following week wink

I know you look at videos in a different way to me Spook but you have to admire the graphics in this new Battlefields 3 video.

I have not seen a game look this good for a long time,and it been a FPS makes it even more exciting for me and the rest of us that love this type of game.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Mar-11 20:01:08
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
That sniper was a bit of a rubbish shot, huh?

Yea he was a joke, they were moving at regular time gaps which should have given him no problem timing his next shot, and he would have left straight away once he knew he had been spotted smile

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Mar-11 00:31:50
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Its a game and has a story ,would it have been more realistic had the sniper killed one of them.

I mean the writers could have scripted that but they choose not to.anyway Graphics are mind blowing and if the game play can match then there is going to be a lot of happy FPS fanatics come October.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 00:57:33
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Yeah the playable character guy the camera was following just stood in the open for ages and as you said, was completely predictable in timing for when and where he would next plonk his big head in the sniper's line of sight .

If it was real and a shot sailed right past you like that, you'd poop your pants and chastise yourself for being so damn stupid and probably cower under cover whilst the obviously more experience members of the team called in air support (as all Americans seem to) in order to bail out their lame a$$es. Sigh.

Actually they have basic tech to detect the location of snipers using a system of multidirectional microphones or so I was reading not so long ago. This alone gives them a pretty good idea where the sniper is hiding, even if they are using suppressors and trying to disguise the shot direction. Interesting read but I forget which site it was. It's out there somewhere.

tongue
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Mar-11 10:14:19
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well technically the sniepr had already killed one of them. That trailer follows directly on from the first trailer, in which you might remember that someone gets sniped having very recently come out of a doorway. This trailer is them then trying to hunt down the guy who did it

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 18-Mar-11 19:18:12
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Ah yes, I remember. Blowing up the building the sniper was using for cover was very clinical.

Nice to see the USMC using all available tactics and resources to eliminate the threat. wink
  Print Thread

Jump to