Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Mar-11 17:58:16
Print Post

Crysis 2's Intro Sequence might just blow you away

[link to this post]

Someone got hold of there xbox 360 copy of Crysis 2 early...........

How can anyone say that this does not look IMPRESSIVE on a console.

3 minutes of intro so possible Spoiler..............
Standard User DrDeath
(member) Sat 19-Mar-11 18:07:23
Print Post

Re: Crysis 2's Intro Sequence might just blow you away

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Its a pre renderd video... The console is not displaying those graphics real time laugh

And he got his copy early because he downloaded it.

_ _ _ _ _
Stage one: Signed up for pipex 1pm May 31st
Stage two: Received Email verification with order number 6 pm May 31st
Stage three: Sent old 56k modem off to pipex by special delivery June 1st 10:30 am
Stage four Received Email Telling me login details have been sent 1st class, and activation within 10 working days prior to firther line tests smile 13:30 Thur 6th June
Stage Five ACTIVATED june 11th 6 days early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DrDeath (Sat 19-Mar-11 18:09:50)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Mar-11 18:20:29
Print Post

[re: DrDeath] [link to this post]

Still looks good and he may not have got it early because he downloaded it.........Fact its released on Tuesday in the states and i get my games 2 days early in the Uk.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrDeath
(member) Sat 19-Mar-11 18:28:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Still looks good and he may not have got it early because he downloaded it.........Fact its released on Tuesday in the states and i get my games 2 days early in the Uk.

mm maybe.

But the video is just a pre renderd intro movie, like most games have. it is not acctual realtime game play footage.

_ _ _ _ _
Stage one: Signed up for pipex 1pm May 31st
Stage two: Received Email verification with order number 6 pm May 31st
Stage three: Sent old 56k modem off to pipex by special delivery June 1st 10:30 am
Stage four Received Email Telling me login details have been sent 1st class, and activation within 10 working days prior to firther line tests smile 13:30 Thur 6th June
Stage Five ACTIVATED june 11th 6 days early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sat 19-Mar-11 18:41:19
Print Post

Yeah, looks cool. I thought it was meant to be humans vs aliens again? Why is that guy killing all the, um, nice Americans? confused
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sat 19-Mar-11 19:09:35
Print Post

[re: DrDeath] [link to this post]

I can confirm its prerender, however you do do most of the stuff you see in that video although most of it is sexed up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Mar-11 19:52:38
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

What i find strange is Playstation 3 owners are saying Killzone 3 graphically walks all over this.I have and love Killzone and it has great graphics but take it from me Crysis 2 is far better looking.

Besides the maps in Killzone 3 suck Bigtime and i will say the gun animations and the way there rendered are a the best thing about killzone.

I map for petes sake is all GREEN and virtually impossible to play because it does your head in,whoever designed these maps needs sacking because they are nowhere near the beauty of the previous Killzone 2 maps.

Edited by time2die (Sun 20-Mar-11 00:21:32)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sat 19-Mar-11 23:12:55
Print Post

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-pun...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Mar-11 18:44:39
Print Post

Re: Crysis 2..Who is in and Who is Out?

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I have to say i am really excited about this game and there does not seem to be to many on these forums that share my views.

People seem to be dishing the dirt for the way it looks, even though i have said i am concerned about the way the Playstation version looks compared to the 360.

Having done a little looking today i have seen that some who have the game early say the Playstation 3 version of the game is as good if not better than the 360.

Personally apart from the usual comparisons between the two games i think graphically it looks really nice,I enjoyed the limited time with the multiplayer demo on the 360 and i think if they iron out all the server issues with the Playstation version then we have a top game here.

I think the majority of the hardcore on here like Spook ,Guest,Falcon,Gzero are hardened Pc gamers and they tend to not like the way the Multiplatform games are turning out.

But for the console gamers on here that love FPS then its a tad quiet and i am surprised at the negativity towards this game and its graphics.

I am sick of hearing that Killzone 3 has better graphics, i have Killzone 3 and its a good game [not great] and it does not have better graphics i can tell you as i have spent 30 hours online playing it.

Edited by time2die (Sun 20-Mar-11 18:52:04)

Standard User mrnelster
(member) Sun 20-Mar-11 20:25:53
Print Post

Re: Crysis 2..Who is in and Who is Out?

I wish I could comment T2D, but after spending nearly 4 hours downloading the demo on the PSN it got pulled!!

I played the PC demo a couple of weeks back though and I am really looking forward to it. Might not be as crisp on the PS3, but to be fair I think graphics are all about what you are used to.

Until then I'm going to keep trying to join an online match on homefront. Then I'm going to sit in the bay window and watch the moon pigs fly by. Probably stand a greater chance of success. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to