Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-11 16:55:03
Print Post

Crysis 2....Reviews are in..

[link to this post]

Games getting some decent reviews especially from ign.com [xbox 360 fan boys] they scored the 360 version 9/10 but failed to mention anything regarding the Playstation 3 version.

Strange for a site that said the playstation was inferior in every way compared to the 360 version.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 19:32:58
Print Post

Re: Crysis 2....Reviews are in..

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It's all gone a bit too quiet here for my liking. Where is everybody? Where are you T2D? Have you got your copy of Crysis 2 yet? Or will that be coming tomorrow?

The iPad 2 is released this Friday. Is that the same day Crysis 2 comes out? Anyway, I'm sticking to my PC and Android.

Scooby Doo where are you??? wink
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Mar-11 22:07:35
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Just don't get SPOOKed on me here. tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(member) Wed 23-Mar-11 22:31:45
Print Post

Shaaaggy??

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Mar-11 22:48:03
Print Post

You know Spook i was thinking the same thing,the last 3 days not one new thread on the gaming forum and its such a shame with so much been released this week with the Ipad 2,the 3ds,and Crysis 2.

I was going to come on here and reply to my own thread just so someone said something in these gaming forums.

Like i said on many occasions Spook there is not enough input and only a handful of people actually write anything on these gaming forums which is a shame.

Now you know when you resurfaced from that dark cave T2D was pleased as he could read other people gaming talk instead of reading his own threads back through because of lack of response.

I expect Crysis 2 to drop through the letterbox tomorrow noon and T2D will give you a few quick thoughts and impressions when i have tested the single player for about 1 hour.

All in all apart from some Dumb AI i think the games going to give me a buzz on what i have seen and based on really good reviews rolling in.

Think people like myself with consoles are going to be well pleased but the hardened PC crowd more than likely think its been ruined now they have focussed it for the console market..
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Wed 23-Mar-11 23:07:23
Print Post

Been re-watching some PS3 gameplay clips again tonight.
You've probably already seen this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnJiYeeHIQ&feature=y...

I can't see what's wrong with it? Looks great. Why did they pull the PS3 demo?

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 23:17:50
Print Post

Ditto, however my issue is that there isnt much to say about any of the recent things to say.

With crysis 2 there isn't much to say, i wasn't a fan of the multi and single player i've seen some of but wasn't too impressed due to the lack of links to crysis 1 and that it just feels like stuff is too streamlined, i missed being able to punch houses down full of guards frown, it just feels too claustrophobic now, i dont think console players new to crysis (2) will understand this without playing crysis 1 before hand. beyond that its vaseline everywhere.

But oh dear lord the ipad2 and 3ds....... ipad2 less said the better, thank god apple is on the decline finally.

3DS there was once a time i liked nintendo products, but with the 3ds its ridiculous, 4.5hr battery life with NO 3d/sound/wifi on, thats just crack smoking whacked. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/cradled-b...

The launch titles are pretty dire and some of the other functionality wont arrive until later in the year and we have the 3d gimmick all up in the place. Isn't worth the price of the console and isn't worth the price of the games either, theyre asking console game prices for them. I'd rather just wait an inevitable year and pick up the 3dsi or 3dslite or whatever they call it

Apologises for the rant but both apple and nintendo have slipped damn far, in the case of nintendo i think its pretty bad/shameful the only 3DS title that looks remotely interesting is Ocarina of time and even then i've played it to death and the master quest too, more so i could just dig my gamecube out or blow the dust off my wii and play the special collectors edition GC and play master quest that way (or emulate it all on pc wink). Not good enough nintendo, for shame.

Okamiden on the ds is pretty good though im enjoying that.
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 23-Mar-11 23:18:51
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Network issues to do with EA's backend IIRC, same issue struck the 360 demo but they had time to reissue it, they decided to just pull the PS3 one and get it fixed for release instead of waste time fixing the demo.
Standard User mrnelster
(member) Wed 23-Mar-11 23:33:56
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Makes sense I suppose with only a week or so left. Still the latest walkthrough looks really impressive for a non exclusive PS3 title. Not PC standard but impressive all the same.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 24-Mar-11 00:49:30
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

That's how I feel about Crysis 2 also, how can it be a patch on the original when the destructibility of environments isn't the same?

iPad 2 is just a toy in my opinion and there are many better ways to spend that kind of money. It might suit some people's needs but not mine.

I shall await what T2D has to say and viewing that trailer from mrnelster for the second time has mixed feelings for me. In some ways the game looks okay (gameplay-wise) though you can't tell much from that clip and the graphics look a world away from the lush tropical island main setting of the original.

Interesting to hear about the 3DS' pathetically poor battery life. For a mobile device, that's shameful.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to