Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Mar-11 10:12:59
Print Post

Portal 2

[link to this post]

Seeing as how people are getting upset at the lack of new threads here is one for portal 2 - less than a month to go now for it:

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/trailer.php

So excited.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Mar-11 12:50:45
Print Post

Re: Portal 2

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Not exactly getting upset ilh just a shame that we have many readers on these gaming forums who leave all gaming posting to others for whatever reason.

Its nice when people actually comment on what a certain individual has posted and taken time to contribute.

Portal 2 will be another game that i will be getting for sure and have been watching this along with many others.

Does not excite me like a new FPS but its a type of puzzle game that i enjoy in small doses.

When you see posts and see that 200 people have clicked on it and 4 people have responded it kind of sucks.if i and the half a dozen so people on here had the same state of mind there would not be a gaming forum.

Just becaause i comment on the need for more posters on here does not mean i am getting upset and loosing sleep about it,just trying as i might to get a little more imput to make the gaming forums a tad more interesting.

Besides its a nice change from coming on here everyday and seeing that nobody has added a single thing regardless of previous threads people have taken time out to write.

Its not always necessary for people to reply and i fully understand that especially if the thread does not exactly interest you.

But i think a little bit more imput from the people that use these forums would be nice and beneficial to all.

Edited by time2die (Thu 24-Mar-11 13:07:13)

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Mar-11 15:11:57
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Sorry, upset is a bad choice of word on my part. From my perspective as a regular reader of this forum who does read all posts regardless of their relavance and enjoy doing so. However, I am a PC gamer and this limits my input - I don't own any consoles and although I still read what is said about console games or even console version of multi-platform games I don't comment. Even when it comes to PC games I have limited funds and time I can devote to gaming so have to be a bit picky - games like crysis get sidelined by me unless enough people cry out thta it is going to be extremely good.

I would like to add that I do really appreciate the input by you and the other regulars who do post with reviews and reasoning behind viewpoints on various games - it helps me make a more informed decision as to whether to part with my hard earned pennies or not.

~ilh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 24-Mar-11 15:58:21
Print Post

Well said. I totally agree with you there.

As far as contributing goes I am a big sinner and when I do actually say something, it's usually not at all informative as I don't spend much time reading gaming websites much.

And sometimes, when I do see something I am put off posting and especially starting a new thread, as the times I have done so, nobody says anything and this seems to be because they already know about it, whatever that may be.

These days I don't mind so much making a complete f00l of myself so maybe I will start to post stuff more and just let people either rip it to shreds or completely ignore it.

Anyway, as for Portal 2. I did have the original as part of the TF2 Orange box thing I downloaded through Steam. I didn't play it that much as it just seemed like the same puzzle each level and like TF2, abandoned it. I've been a big player of BF2 in my time for the times I did actually game and this always had too much of a draw on me for me to try something new.

Having seen a trailer on Portal 2, I have to say it looked really good and very different from my preconceptions so I am glad to see a new thread about this title as I'd like to keep my eye on it and maybe this will be one of the first games I get that'll restart my gaming for 2011. Something new!

Cheers ilh. smile What does your username mean by the way (if I may be so bold to ask)? A quick google and I'm guessing it's not the Interscholastic League of Honolulu? wink
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Mar-11 16:23:19
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

BF2 is one of my all time favourite games. I lost far too many hours to that game smile

I loved portal - yes it is the same type of puzzle over and over but it does get harder and harder and requires some thinking to get through some bits - i also liked the humour in it. It was just a bit different from most games I play - looking forwards to 2 a lot to break up the usual FPS (BC2) and strategy (shogun) diet that I am living off at the moment.

The user name is quite a boring story (that no one seems to believe!), but basically I needed a username when I first started gaming and after about 15 mins trying to think of something cool or relevant I just bashed the keyboard and out came ilh. Most people seem to think it means I love homosexuals/horses/hobbits or some other 'hilarious' option smile The problem that I have now is that a lot of games have started requiring a minimum of 4 letters for a gaming name so I am usually now ilh. or ilhilh in game. It annoys me somewhat...

~ilh

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 24-Mar-11 17:06:36
Print Post

blush laugh Made me laugh! People are so typically 'inventive' eh?

Making up usernames is almost as big a chore as coming up with passwords you can actually remember. My own username that I settled on after corrupting bluetooth to Spook Tooth I have stuck with for quite a few years now. SPOOKish was an accident. After signing up here some years back I never expected to be using that name now - it was chosen just to test the waters here.

In Battlefield 1942, I was Corporal Spook but for some reason BF2 wouldn't allow me to use it. I guess to EA/DICE it must've been an offensive name. I'm not sure I earned such a bad reputation though? wink

I would have liked to have had the patience and will power to learn to play a proper strategy game like the Total War series. I've got Rome TW but couldn't see the point even after following the easy to follow tutorial. Seems like too much hard work too little reward. I am more like T2D in that sense, we both primarily like to 'run and gun'.

So you play BC2 do ya? I have that title but haven't played it much. Been out of action for a while but I'm back and really must look to getting more of my money's worth out of it. Might be a bit of a traumatic experience playing online as all I can recall was being pwnd from the sky, land and infantry too come to think of it. I wasn't much good. Always takes me a while just to get to 'average'. Anyway, it's enjoying the game which matters even if you're pants like me. Gotta take some fun from it... at least. Must have some special talent somewhere I don't know about cos I'm rubbish at everything else. tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Mar-11 17:30:58
Print Post

Ilh you did nothing wrong with using the word upset and its more frustration on my part really as i just like seeing other people make some posts.

I fully inderstand your a PC Gamer so in that sense it is going to restrict you saying much if you dont own consoles like quite a few on here.

And Spook do me a favour wink You more than make considerable contributions to these forums like quite a few other regulars.

Now for a new post in another thread of initial thoughts of 2 hours spent playing Crysis 2 single player.
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 24-Mar-11 18:17:25
Print Post

Preordered as soon as it was on steam with a 2 pack smile

Who would have thought buying it in the UK on steam would work out cheaper than other countries/retail on steam
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 24-Mar-11 19:10:07
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Aw shucks. Muchas gracias tongue
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 25-Mar-11 03:03:58
Print Post

Absolutely loved Portal and I've deliberately avoided all trailers, previews etc. for the sequel as I'm sure it's going to be good and I don't want to spoil any of it. laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to