Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 00:30:16
Print Post

Getting owned in Crysis 2 Multiplayer ?

[link to this post]

Well i consider myself above average if not a good FPS player but having just dabbled with the Crysis 2 Multiplayer you would think that i had never played a FPS game in my life.

Quite frankly its embarrassing seeing the scoreboard at the end of the game with similar ranked players like myself.

Only there's does not read 1 kill 12 deaths........[censored] is going on here i keep asking myself,apart from a laser dotted sight that these killers have when i see killcam back am i missing something.

I have yet to unlock the red dot site but i am truly getting owned in this game for some reason or another..........Think what few perks i have are ok and the chance of getting a 3 killstreak in my case is as much chance as a date with Kelly Brooke.

Really got to get my act together because the game is very fast paced and i enjoy it very much apart from being Cannon fodder to everyone else.

I dare not turn my microphone volume up because its going to sound like a pack of laughing hyenas wink

Edited by time2die (Tue 29-Mar-11 08:24:22)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 29-Mar-11 01:19:35
Print Post

Re: Getting owned in Crysis 2 Multiplayer ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I was like that in Counterstrike Source. And BF1942. And BF2, BF2142, BF Heroes (yeah I know), CODMW, MoHAA, UT, UT2/3/4 etc and any other game I tried online. crazy

Then after a while you start to improve and instead of getting killed 12 times for every one kill you make, it becomes more like 8. And after some months/years^ go by, if you're really good you sometimes get a positive score and kill more often than you get killed. laugh

Guess you'll get the hang of it sooner or later, once you are more familiar with the map layout and game mechanics. Maybe you're just getting old though? Your reactions are no longer jedi quick. More like jabba fast? [darth vader like voice] "Your powers are weak old man." Muhahahhahaa wink tongue

Don't worry mate. If I was playing I'd make you look good! You need more players like me and less 12 year kids with the reflexes of poop-loving house flies.

^for me
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 08:26:54
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I knew i could count on you mate for your support wink I feel a lot better now knowing that im really geting old and the thought of 12 year old kids owning me.laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 29-Mar-11 15:35:24
Print Post

Hehe. Just as well you can't hear them gloating I suppose. I dunno what I would be like if it were me but I'd probably go nuts and some kid would record my voice and my angry foaming rant would be made into YouTube's next biggest viral hit. They'd probably call it sad old lame-gamer or something and I'd be ridiculed for ever. [shudder] frown

Anyway, I blame age. Why not? You've got to put the blame somewhere. If you or I were 12 again we'd give them a damn good thrashing, that's what!
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 15:45:32
Print Post

Can I play against you guys then? xD

COME BACK TO PC!

Actually my realisation is that you have switched to control pads, and therefore can not cope against those who have not made in switches in control methods/schemes.

I hereby decree that you must hang up your control pads and pick up your mouse and keyboards!

Solved!
wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 29-Mar-11 15:58:46
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Ah, well. Ahem, yes. Control pads you say? Is that that thing with a long cord and a lumpy bit of plastic on the end with two buttons that go click? And that thing with lots and lots of keys that is er, board shaped you speak of? If so, yes of course, that's the problem! Why didn't I think of that sooner?

I never left the PC. I'm just c.r.a.p. End of. I get a little better though. Especially when I've been practising for a few years. Battlefield 2 was my forte though. I'm quite good in that (sometimes!). Well, I've had my rare moments. smile

Edited by SPOOKish (Tue 29-Mar-11 15:59:40)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:41:35
Print Post

Nothing to do with the pads its the fact that there is a lot more to this Crysis 2 than just another FPS Gzero.

I have been using pads for years and in most FPS i am extremely good and if i don't finish on top of the scoreboard i am usually there abouts.

For some strange reason Crysis 2 for me is like my first venture into Gaming,i do tend to run and gun and i die 6 times before i get 1 kill normally.

In firefights even when i am shooting them first [aka Billy the kid] IN THE BACK ...I still get killed first by lower ranked players.

Looking back at Killcam i thought they may have some different perks assigned so that will be the reason why,Only to find out they have the same weapon and perks as me...............Certainly older age as Spook suggest lowers reaction times but to play like a complete dim wit is another thing.

Did learn something to stop the recoil of guns though,when using the R1 button to fire and the R2 to sight.................Hold in the R3 button and that makes the cross-hair/red dot more stable...................Still tried that and still got owned wink

Got a choice tonight of playing Crysis 2 and trying to learn or going through my collection of Postmans pats boxed set of dvd laugh
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 17:31:52
Print Post

Well, I've had my rare moments. smile

randomguyA: ur rly bd at dis
SPOOK: hah I can run circles round you easily!
randomguyA: thts wat ur m-
*SPOOK <M16A2> randomguyA*

laugh
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 17:33:15
Print Post

Are you loading up <MAXIMUM ARMOR> before you fire (make sure if you sprinted or anything, to give it enough time to reach high enough to take 2 shots ~80%)?

Most people are looking/listening for gun fire, makes you stand out like a plum in a banana factory.

Edited by Gzero (Tue 29-Mar-11 17:34:11)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 29-Mar-11 18:32:21
Print Post

Haha. I wish!

Did get pretty good a couple of times when I finally went for my snipers badge in BF2. Better with the claymores though! Oh yes. It was the only positive kill/death ratio I had. Well, that and other explosives. For some reason I was pretty good with explosives. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to