Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-May-11 17:17:56
Print Post

As Expected Brink reviews Hit and Miss Mainly Miss

[link to this post]

So the reviews of Brink have been Flooding in and they are a mixed bag to say the least,there are a few 4/5 and the odd 9/10 but i would say the majority are more like the review from IGN and that was a 6/10.

Time and Time again we are led to believe that a developers game is going to be something special only to find out by the review scores its average at best.

Another game that looks like a contender for the bargin bin department sooner rather than later judging by the scores.

Still i will check it out i might find that its better than expected.

And as i have been saying THIS sums it up for me regarding Sony and there online problems.

As i have said in a previous post just imagine this Sony Problem if it had happened this November at the time of COD MW3 and Battlefields 3.....Oh my God the revenue that they and the developers would lose and the amount of people that would have jumped on the Xbox 360 band wagon............The mind Boggles.

Having said that i bet you that Sony would have had there online in place or would have made promises if this was the week of the Big Hitters been released.

Edited by time2die (Tue 10-May-11 17:33:44)

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 10-May-11 17:30:33
Print Post

Re: As Expected Brink reviews Hit and Miss Mainly Miss

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Think I am going to have a read over a few reviews this evening and will see what it's saying! Anyone going to get LA Noire?

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-May-11 17:35:53
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Can not wait for that game next week Jaxx it looks really promising and the developers are far as i am concerned [Rockstar] only release class products wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tonybridge
(member) Wed 11-May-11 15:02:52
Print Post

Oh, who's just paid Steam for Brink??

I guess I only managed to find the 9/10 reviews... frown

Hey, Caput sterci, Quando podeces te regi eorum fecerunt? -- Fac ut vivas!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-May-11 15:16:45
Print Post

[re: tonybridge] [link to this post]

Always check this SITE for the review scores from both the gaming press and the users.....

Its not all that bad but i expected a lot better when i watched previews of the game and the developers telling us this is going to be something special,i understand that they are going to say positive things about the game but the game don't match the pre/rendered videos and the graphics look dated at best.
Standard User tonybridge
(member) Wed 11-May-11 15:21:11
Print Post

Good link t2d, thanks!

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 11-May-11 18:23:17
Print Post

[re: tonybridge] [link to this post]

Should have bought from D2D or somewhere else, you could have got it as cheap as £22 wink

Joys of steamworks enabled games, ability to buy retail and activate on steam at the same time laugh
Standard User tonybridge
(member) Wed 11-May-11 18:31:39
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Please, no more!! smile

Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Thu 12-May-11 01:54:52
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Me? Just waiting for delivery from Game:- It shipped out for delivery on the 10th, so could be here tomorrow..? Maybe. It's first class so, it means nowt.

It will get here... no complaints. grin

Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Thu 12-May-11 07:37:19
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

The reviews (more what they said not the scores) tipped me off the fence towards a "skip" than a "buy", i'm enjoying other games mostly indie and my old stomping grounds of APB than main titles.

If brink has a community left by the time its on a crazy cheap sale i might pick it up, but i smell death around it like i smelled with quake wars, concept is good, just the play base can't fit into it and leaves. The destructoid review pretty much sums up how i feel about it in the end lines, something like the guy reviewing it loves it beyond its faults, but if someone wants to dislike it then he can perfectly accept that as their faults are valid. Obviously in my case i dislike like its execution, but if people actually enjoy it i can accept why they enjoy it, it is probably good fun, just not for me at this time.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to