Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-May-11 12:09:43
Print Post

Re: A taste of their own medicine.

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Neither does goading, baiting or trying to manipulate a discussion into an argument. The phrase used in the post was entirely apt, used humorously, and seemingly instantly understood by other posters who replied in a constructive manner.
In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Technically gifted, but socially inept. The word nerd springs to mind..
What do you mean?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sun 15-May-11 18:57:10
Print Post

Anonymous won't care, its just 1 website, anonymous is far more than just 1 site.

Whether it was anonymous or not sony got what they had coming to them.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 15-May-11 18:58:46
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Anonymous denied involvement anyways. It may be different now tho.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sun 15-May-11 21:27:55
Print Post

Exactly so. Very well said.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sun 15-May-11 21:47:52
Print Post

I don't think I'm as well informed as you and Falcon on the whole Anonymous issue. The latest internal spat does them no credit of course but that's always the way. Back when they went after the supposed enemies of Wikileaks I gave them credit for at least caring and having some political nous even if their approach was a little blunt.

It seems very bad play for Sony to blame Anonymous for having anything to do with their security breach when clearly it had been fundamentally flawed for some time and there was no real evidence the organisation had anything to do with it other than by coicidence (DDOS).

At least we can't say the kids are entirely apathetic these days even if they should be concentrating on getting laid and going to parties instead of spending all their time indoors on their 'puters banging away to the content on their screens. wink

To be honest, I don't really care about the whole episode too much. It's not the biggest thing that's happened I don't think. Though I would say I could afford to feel this way as I've never had a PSN account so my opinions don't really matter.
Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Sun 15-May-11 22:33:34
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Though I would say I could afford to feel this way as I've never had a PSN account so my opinions don't really matter.

On the contrary, all unbiased opinions matter, educated or not. And for someone who has never had a PSN account, yours seems particularly well balanced.

As usual. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to