Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 00:22:31
Print Post

Some FPS i will definitely be getting...........

[link to this post]

All due out sometime this year and all looking really SUPERB

Oh and check the Interstellar Marines video out..........Looks sweet !

Even sweater news after you watch the trailer it mentions you can play various segments of the game,so i checked out the website and once you sign up there are some downloads of this lovely looking FPS and all the information is HERE

You actually load a small client or something and play it online and boy is it good,only played 10 minutes of the game THE RUNNING MAN.

Edited by time2die (Tue 17-May-11 00:46:39)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 00:56:55
Print Post

Re: Some FPS i will definitely be getting...........

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Interstellar marines is pc only IIRC.

Deus ex 3 im hyped for,
Rage im going to sit back on,
DNF ill probably grab because of the time its taken to release,
PREY2 i'm unsure of too soon,
MW3 can suck it,
Bioshock can wait,
Res 3 if its like 1 or 2 then its going to be sucking many balls in the world of generic fps's
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 04:13:07
Print Post

Rage - looks good, nice open, interesting looking environments, varied weapons, vehicles!

On the downside, the enemies. There are too many of them! I prefer something not so arcadey. A game like with a setting this is meant to be all about desolation. The place is over populated and you don't get time to soak it all up. I hate games that have too frenetic a pace. Having said that, some of the best games have been a bit hyper in terms of baddies and still been able to render a unique sense of their environment and setting (like Bioshock, which I initially disliked).

I would probably get Rage but I can't help feel that I would end up a bit disappointed as I was with Fallout 3. Some more RPG info and story would help settle my unease.

Battlefield 3 - Well, it would be wrong of me NOT to get it. wink

Bioshock Infinite - First thoughts were 'Oh no not again'. Having played the second installment through to the end I was in no hurry to replay it, despite having fairly enjoyed the sequel. In many ways the first was a real masterpiece but mostly for the storyline, plot and setting. This latest one looks to be a natural progression embodying many of the ideas behind the original game and it looks so different as to genuinely offer something new.

Well, as for originality, I think it's safe to say Bio 3 seems to have conjured up some pretty whacky locations and ideas about traversing them. The monsters look pretty good too but why are ALL the NPCs attacking you all the time? I don't think I could face playing a game like this with such a frenetic pace again. It does look good but the whole quasi-religious Armageddon-mongering deranged prophet thing is getting way too stale for me to want to know more about the latest Bioshock story.

Will keep an eye out for it and am intrigued but would likely sensibly give it a wide berth.

Interstellar Marines - Liked what the developers had to say about their business model and how they interface with their fans but the game, to me, looked boring. I don't like closed in metal ceilinged canister environments. It all looked the same to me and dull and uninspired at that.

Definitely a miss for me as it stands.

Prey 2 - Don't know anything about it. Had the original but never played it as it did my head in. All that upside down malarkey.

Duke Nukem Forever - Definitely looks interesting but dubious as to replay value. I'm expecting it to fall short of people's expectations and not deliver longevity. Lots of very cool elements to it, not least the total abandonment of all politically correct elements but doubt this would be the type of game to satisfy my needs. Might be proved completely wrong though. We'll see.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - I've been excited (as much as I can be) by trailers but that's all they seem to be, cinematics. I'm growing suspicious as to whether there will actually be any gameplay at all. I doubt it. At this late stage, it's unnerving to not have glimpsed any real game footage. The setting is cool and everything looks good in principle but where's the game?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- MW2 was okay but not a patch on the first. You can only flog a dead horse for so long, how much more does COD MW have to give? I think IW (?) will have to work very very hard to deliver anything nearing the quality of the original. I'm only referring to the single player side and can hardly remember what the games were like now. I only played MW2 through once. MW1 I played through at least half a dozen times (it was truly epic). Activision earning over a billions dollars each time is just obscene. Will I get the game, who knows? I didn't bother with Spec Ops. Doubt if I could care for the next.

Resistance 3 - PS3 only?

Dust 514 - Looked good. Held my imagination somewhat but the abbreviation MMO really put me off. Is it going to be subscription only? Single player? I don't know. Interesting story and setting. What's it all about though? More war... Thinking something other than just mindless running and gunning would be nice within a setting such as this - the battlefield was a bit too chaotic maybe.

Well, my thoughts T2D. Guess my overriding impression is I want a decent story! I like my open environment games quite a bit too (especially where you can drive vehicles) though I am partial to games like COD of course. Something deeper would be nice but not too technical (RTS, most RPGs etc are too much for me). I'm not an easy customer to please. But these games are not looking too shabby and it was nice to view them all in one place so thanks for that buddy.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 17-May-11 08:38:02
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

What? did you miss the 2-3 deus ex gameplay vids? especially the one where it does 3 different approaches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8LvY7r3l8&hd=1

More cinematic/editted clip (mostly in engine though):

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/three-ways-deus-ex...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 09:16:27
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Interstellar marines is pc only IIRC.

Then i would be playing it on the pc because of the brief time i spent playing the Running man i thought it was really good.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 09:19:08
Print Post

I am not interested in all of them because Prey the original was trash,you have to admire how dam good looking Bioshock Infinite is .

And Dust 514 looks like its going to be a class product,the bloke in it looks like captain black from captain scarlet........

Edited by time2die (Tue 17-May-11 09:32:52)

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 17-May-11 15:15:50
Print Post

I can't wait for Battlefield 3 it looks amazing! Definitely top of my FPS list this year, MW3 won't be getting a purchase from me. I've really gone off them, the arcade style play, the immature gamers, the lack of new features in the games etc.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 23:15:40
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

BF3 here for me too
Looks like MW3 is just going to be for the kids
Suits me laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-May-11 00:08:29
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I bet you Swanny that whatever you and others say on here most will get MW3 apart from the ones that have never bothered in the first place.wink

Why people say it for kids is beyond me because we all know that MW1 and 2 were really great fps only the second one got ruined by hackers on the Playstation network.

Apart from that i have had more fun with both Modern warfare's than any other shooter in the past 3 years....

I am betting MW3 even out guns the mighty Battlefield 3 and i bet when we see some proper footage its going to be impressive because the bench mark has been set with the Battlefields 3 trailers.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 18-May-11 00:28:49
Print Post

Yeah, looks I missed the more important ones mate. Thanks for those.

laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to