Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-May-11 09:05:06
Print Post

What gives with this Advertising............

[link to this post]

Anyone that watched the champions league final last night might i have noticed something a little strange,both MW3 and Gears of War 3 been shown in the commercial breaks as games you can pre order.

What i find really strange is the fact that Gears 0f War 3 is released September and MW3 November.

I Generally pre order games that have the potential to be Blockbusters but not 7 months before release but with a few weeks to go.

Activision are really turning up the hype with so many months to go when we have only just entered the summer season.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(regular) Sun 29-May-11 11:33:49
Print Post

Re: What gives with this Advertising............

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Wasnít BF3 there too, I had Saturday of it. Went into Game brought ops and hassled to pre-order all three; Iíve seen BF3 advert a couple of times now on TV. A challenge is a foot. I ve never seen such a one sided final for many years!

My views are my experiences.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-May-11 12:46:16
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

I also popped into Sainsbury supermarket and as i walked in the MW3 display disks were piled highwith the 360 version saying pre order MW3 now on Xbox 360..

Games 7 months away for gods sake.................

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sun 29-May-11 22:53:33
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

That takes the pee eye double ess. It's worse than Woolworths starting their Christmas jingles in October. Worse even than back to school ads when kids break up.

Marketing eh? Guess they thought the more they spent the more revenue they got so why not start early and really hammer home the message (as if they needed to). Surely a good game (franchise) sells itself?

Hype!

I haven't seen any tv ads for BF3 yet but it's kind of a relief that there are some (seeing as how MW3 have got their already). A real battle, just like Blur and Oasis back in the 90s. All that money spent when they could have put it towards improving the game. Especially considering how we all know the multiplayer side of things will be broke from the off.

tongue
  Print Thread

Jump to