Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-11 13:33:54
Print Post

Anybody getting this Friday...

[link to this post]

Looks interesting and if you like co op then its right up your STREET
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 31-May-11 09:53:52
Print Post

Re: Anybody getting this Friday...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yea me and my housemate are gonna get it, it's been a while since a good co-op game has been out. I read a lot about it over the weekend and it says that it has been made by people who wanted co-op to be more than just "play through the game together" you actually have to rely on your partner heavily. Don't think I will get it Friday, I will wait until I have completed LA Noire and done all I need to do on that as once I move on from a game I rarely go back!

Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Tue 31-May-11 18:35:28
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Erm... That's as maybe. But is the co-op as good as you would expect?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162312p1.html

That said, I've lost faith with IGN reviews over recent years. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jun-11 15:34:53
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

From what i have played of it so far it fails miserably to impress and as far as i am concerned will be another game that gets traded rather sharply.

Was not so keen on the New Duke Nukem game but the more i watch the trailers the better it looks.at first it looked like a game on a graphical level from about 7 years ago and the same development time.

Next week there are 3 good looking games out Infamous 2, Red faction and Duke so there is a reason not to hold on to this trash....

Within 10 minutes i new this game was going to be a turkey ,looks nothing like the videos of the game and the graphics are awful.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 15:42:31
Print Post

Is the gameplay itself good though? I don't care about graphics, as long as the game is fun and has exciting play that's all that matters. It looks like more of a co-op game, you sure it's not cuz your playing it single player? I appreciate the review but want to know if it's just because you have a fairly one sided view of it. Perhaps I will see if a demo if not maybe rent it with housemate!!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jun-11 18:08:03
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Its not a review Jaxx mate just me again complaining about another game in question that in all honesty i should not have purchased.

Not played co/op mate but as you know i tend to judge a game within a few minutes of booting it up and thats just how i am.

Best bet for you Jaxx would be to check out THIS SITE and make your mind up from others who will give you a better insight.

Since i tend to buy a awful lot of games and then decide that the majority of them are not for me i think its time to take stock at what i do like FPS and refrain from buying games just for the sake of it.

I mean LA NOIR is a great game but i just have not got the patience with them,also Portal 2 was another i looked forward to,after spending about 20 minutes trying to figure out a certain level the boredom once again sets in and I'm of to something else.

Think i am going to buy what i know will be good in future instead of what i think looks good but with hardly any information regarding the game and developers they tend to end up like this Hunted Demons Forge and i dont like it.
Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Fri 03-Jun-11 20:03:43
Print Post

Nooooooo! If you stop buying turkeys then I'll have to! wink
......after spending about 20 minutes trying to figure out a certain level the boredom once again sets in.....

Ditto mate. I'm afraid it's generally only FPS for me as well. The odd side scroller sometimes grabs me. I never thought I'd enjoy LBP, but after watching the kids I had to join in. That was co- op mind. I'm not sure if I would stick at it on my own.

MW3 is going to be bought for the co-op even if they don't improve the MP.

And I might be with you on Duke Nukem as well if I can afford it. smile

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jun-11 00:26:28
Print Post

Think Old age is setting in mate as i am not enjoying gaming at the moment and the game has to be of very high quality for me to show any interest.

It pains me to say but this Hunted is utter garbage as far as i am concerned and i tell you know i have traded far better games than this rubbish.

Duke Nukem was not really a game i intended getting but after watching the latest trailer it looks far more appealing than most that's on offer at the moment.

I hope you picked Infamous as one of your games mrnelster as i am sure you would like that game with Infamous 2 released next week.

Got 3 games on the horizon next week but after that i am picking my games with a little more wisdom and sticking with what i enjoy doing most,and that's blowing the [censored] out of stuff and killing things.

Patience is not one of my strongest points and the game has to be mighty special for me to take the time and patience to finish it.

If i buy 30 games a year then i would say i finish 20% of them ,the rest i either get fed up with after a short time or they fail to meet my expectations graphically and the preview videos don't match the game play.

Think in the future i am going to wait for some outstanding reviews before i buy a game that i don't normally go for.

UPDATE..............

This is typical of what its like when considering on buying a game,one of the games i mentioned getting next week so READ THIS.

I know its only some initial thoughts and impressions but i am so glad i have not got this pre/ordered and it was going to be a pick up from the high street.........Will be watching the reviews closely on this one ? wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 04-Jun-11 10:35:27)

Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Sat 04-Jun-11 07:43:20
Print Post

Ermm.....I think I will hope for a demo on the Playstation Store before making my mind up on this one then.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jun-11 10:38:15
Print Post

Check out the demo of infamous 2 on the store right now.,as for Duke i have seen good and Bad and the reviews will make my decision for me next week.
  Print Thread

Jump to