Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jun-11 12:39:55
Print Post

No Dedicated Servers [Leak]

[link to this post]

You can of course guess what game I'm talking about: MW3.

What's that? Yet another leak of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 details? And you say that these are for the multiplayer perks and killstreak rewards? No way!

Yes way. Kotaku again got a ton of leaked information on the multiplayer killstreaks, rewards, and perks in Modern Warfare 3. Let's just get this out of the way now: The nukes are gone.

We also have some bad news for you. There won't be any dedicated servers. Surprised? You shouldn't be, especially after how much "effort" the studio sunk into the IW.net project for Modern Warfare 2.

Check out what other changes are in store for you. Keep in mind that there will not be a zombie mode in this game as that was a Treyarch creation for the series.

If you want to see a list of perks then click through to the link:
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.ph...

None of this information was obtained by me, I am simply passing it on, and if requested delete this post if it is found to be breaking any rules.

With the legal bit out the way now on to my all important opinion:
Avoiding like plague. Pc gamers made Activision what it is today with CoD, and now they are peeing on us. Just got myself Metro 2033 to play instead.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-11 13:18:03
Print Post

Re: No Dedicated Servers [Leak]

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Metro 2033 Gzero that game is a Christmas Turkey matey wink.

I traded that 60 minutes after it got ejected from the console .
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 02-Jun-11 14:01:13
Print Post

Looks like Hawken, BF3 and Red Orchestra 2 should be where people turn for their FPS fix. MW3 looks like it's going to offer nothing over previous instalments, no surprise there then.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jun-11 14:01:22
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I don't mind, I want a corridor doom game that isn't doom 3. laugh
Oh and I finally got round to playing Crysis Wars. Whoa I was screaming 'hax' every 3 minutes. It wasn't bad, and felt like I was playing renegade on the power struggle mode. But lack of anti cheats made it hard to enjoy since some people seemed to be running around with infinite suit power.

Why are good fps MP's hard to come by now days? All I have are CS, CSS, CoD, CoD4, BF2, and BC2 (although I'm struggling to play this as it is a heavy team based game or a campers paradise).
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-11 18:16:48
Print Post

Think the next FPS to surface will be Bodycount in a few months but i see nothing at present touching the awesome looking Battlefields 3 game even though it looks like it was shown on a high end pc hardware.

If the consoles get to 75% of how this game looks and it has the game play to match then I'm happy.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-Jun-11 21:24:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Gzero:
If you want to see a list of perks then click through to the link:
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.ph...

IMO Perks equal potential hacks which we all know Activision will do nothing to stop

=TLP=Swanny
  Print Thread

Jump to