Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 00:44:25
Print Post

Battlefield 3: E3 Frostbite Trailer .

[link to this post]

OMG this game looks stunning . found this after watching the MW3 video , im still very much looking forward to this title , so much more than MW3 .

Really stunning looking game , i just hope the game play is where want it to be ( somewhere in between BF2 and Lag Ops )

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 00:52:22
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3: E3 Frostbite Trailer .

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Also just been reading this , looks like a October 25th realise

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 07-Jun-11 01:26:01
Print Post

Open beta in Sept too laugh.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 02:06:04
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

There is so much more out in the public domain for BF3 , yet another video of single player this time .

I have the impression BF3 is allot further into its development than MW3 .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-11 06:29:07
Print Post

Video and Footage of the game looks absolutely amazing with Graphics to die for,people say that graphics are not important but i totally disagree with that sentiment.

When a game looks so stunning like this its a great start and it gives it that something special from the moment you start up the game.

I remember some of the best games i have played over the past few years always have nice graphics and fantastic introduction loading screens such as Red Dead Redemption ,Mass Effect 2,GTA4 and loads of others.

Never thought i would be pumped up for a Battlefields game over MW3 but with B3 it does look better than anything else i have seen.

Never really liked any previous Battlefields games and i do hope the shooting Mechanics are better than Battlefields 2 which i personally found a bit slow with a laggy feeling very much like Killzone 2...

Great Video mate and nice find.............wink

Sort of makes me want a time machine so i can fast forward to October because this game looks so sweet and i can watch these Battlefields videos over and over.

Since it looks so dam good its times like these when i generally buy the collectors editions even though they normally come with a load of rubbish that i would never use like a toy soldier or something.

I also will be buying MW3 as i am not one of the haters,but i don't think it stands a chance of competing in the graphics department with Battlefields 3 which has truly set a benchmark.

Edited by time2die (Tue 07-Jun-11 06:41:35)

Standard User mrnelster
(committed) Tue 07-Jun-11 08:16:35
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I just hope the PS3 version isn't a dog, though I'm not overly optimistic.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-11 10:13:53
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

This is why i own both the xbox 360 and the P3 as for many years now the xbox 360 has for the majority of the time had better versions of Multiplayer games with Black Ops been a prime example.

Nintendo will be releasing there new specs on there new machine a E3 and i expect Sony And Microsoft to do the same sometime this year.

I have a Nintendo Wii but it never sees the light of day and apart from the odd Zelda Game it never gets used.

Apparently Nintendo this time around want the Hardcore gamers back and its going to have a lot more Grunt than the previous Wii and once again we will have good versions of Multiplayer games on all 3 platforms.

The new Nintendo is due out Winter of 2012.

Edited by time2die (Tue 07-Jun-11 10:14:29)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 11:21:37
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I just hope the PS3 version isn't a dog, though I'm not overly optimistic.
Strangely enough i have always felt BF is better supported by the PSN community than Xbox community and this peace of info kind of confirms that .

OH yeah exclusives ....

Vivaciti MurphX LLU

Edited by woweebert (Tue 07-Jun-11 11:23:31)

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Tue 07-Jun-11 13:33:56
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high graphics wise. I'm sure it'll look better than MW3, as that's using a very outdated engine but all the footage released thus far is for the PC version, which is getting a lot more love than has become the norm. Even the maps are bigger compared to the console versions.

I'm sure it'll be great whatever it's running on though.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jun-11 10:07:43
Print Post

Some more notes on our time with Battlefield 3 at E3, and a quick breakdown of things there worth noting.

* On the death screen it now displays statistics of how many times you have killed the person who killed you and how man times they killed you (e.g. 2-1)
* When deployed it displays on the bottom of the screen a countdown of when a squad member can spawn on you, and when they spawn who it is
* Most of the rifles that we played with had 3 fire mode : automatic, semi-automatic, and single shot
* After you are killed the health of the person who killed you is shown as a heath bar over their head
* When your in a vehicle and stopped the camera begins to shake from the rattling of the engine
* Flashlight can blind you momentary if someone points it directly at you
* 100 points for killing someone, 10 extra points for a headshot, 100 points for reviving
* In order to revive you must hover over the dead body and hold down left mouse button while your character rubs the paddles together and charges them before the player is revived
* 2 grenades were given by default
* In order to knife in this build of the game you need to press “f” to do “quick knife”. When pressed you enter into an animation that will pull you close to your enemy and you will grab their head and execute them by slitting their throat
* You can only obtain an enemy’s dog tag if the “quick knife” command is done when you are behind your enemy
* The knife seems more like a switchblade than the classic knife we are used to
* Commo rose is not in the build we played. EA wouldn't give us a firm yes or not when asked if it would be in the final version of the game

Overall the game was very smooth for something that is pre-alpha. We never notices any framerate loss while we were playing. The game has a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 feel, but it's a lot more than that. If you try to jump over something you don't just simply jump, you see an animation of your solider leaping over. It's Bad Company 2 on crack with mind-blowing graphics, more intense gameplay, amazing weapon customization, superb animations, and most important of all it's the most fun we have had playing a Battlefield game.

Taken from here.

I am looking forwards to the statistic on who has killed the other the most - the only thing better than spanking someone around the server is letting them know exactly how much you are doing it tongue

I just don't understand what he is saying about the 3 fire modes - I thought semi auto and single shot were the same thing!

Non-instant reviving is good. I had heard that knife was a selectable weapon (BF2/counterstrike style) which IMO would have been a VERY good thing but it does sound like the knife now might be slightly slower.

Fingers are crossed about the return of the commo rose - or at least some way of quickly saying thanks (it is a team based game and I think it promotes team play). I realise that they made the spot button do a lot of functions that the commo rose did in BC2 but it would still be nice smile

[EDIT]
P.S. the single player (thunder run) and multiplayer (operation metro) trailers turned me on.
[/EDIT]

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Edited by ilh (Wed 08-Jun-11 10:12:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to