Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 15:18:14
Print Post

Nintendo E3 Today (07/6/11) at 5pm

[link to this post]

Press Conference
Date: Tuesday 7th June
Time: 9:00am PST, 5:00pm BST (subject to change)

Where to watch:
http://e3.nintendo.com/ - Live Video Stream + Daily Updates
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/ - Live Video Stream + replaying of the event soon after
http://uk.ign.com/events/e3/2011/live-video - Live Video Stream + replaying of the event soon after

Edited by Gzero (Tue 07-Jun-11 15:43:50)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jun-11 17:51:54
Print Post

Re: Nintendo E3 Today (07/6/11) at 5pm

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Just starting to watch the Nintendo show with Reggie,Now i am looking forward to anything new regarding games especially new consoles but i am not sold on holding a ipad size controller in my hands.................Will go back to the video to watch some more.

Great name WII U ....................Not .........Zelda looks top class and i do hope this controller is light because that ipad makes my hands ache........Looks interesting but i would like to see more of the actual console and specifications.

Apart from Zelda the games look shocking visually unless they were showing us Nintendo wii games which would be pointless.

I still feel that whatever Nintendo does regarding next generation both Sony And Microsoft on a Graphical power level will smash them to pieces.

When is the Microsoft demonstration Gzero as that will be interesting.

Edited by time2die (Tue 07-Jun-11 18:10:44)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Tue 07-Jun-11 18:39:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Wii U....... Oh dear......

Noone of the footage shown for it (aside from probably tekken) would have been for it, the zelda stuff would have been prerender, the bird demo would have been like the live scenes in futuremark (benchmarking software), all the game stuff would have been 360 or PC footage (in bf3's case).

Next year will be good when they release PROPER footage of games in motion of it, that i can look forward too.

Still nothing on the 3ds to intrest me and the prices of the consoles are dropping rapidly, you can buy one new for £150 now, so much for that RRP of £230.

You missed the Microsoft and Sony events T2D, they were yesterday, microsoft shown off a bunch of stuff we all know is coming like tomb raider/mass effect 3/etc but they also demonstrated kinect controls mostly, with a surprise annoucement of halo 4 for next year.

Sony was pretty much similar, stuff you know thats coming like uncharted 3 and resistance 3, etc and their new handheld with pricing, wasn't that intresting to watch tbh, really wasnt.

The issue with nintendo making a new console now is that when microsoft and sony do the next jump theyre going to be left behind, the nintendo console wont get to hit its stride before newer and better will surpass it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Jun-11 00:27:39
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

They got some nice looking first party games Sony Falcon and thats the only reason i still support them,was very surprised that we did not see any more details on the game i am really looking forward to and that is The Last Guardian.

I tell you one thing that Nintendo have over looked [not that they are aiming for that market] Is us 40 and 50 year olds with failing eye site,i generally wear glasses when gaming on the LCD television but i would need reading glasses to look at that Nintendo tablet controller to use the functions they are promoting.

That is another reason why i have no interest in 3D televisions because i am not about to put glasses on top of glasses.............Laser surgery seems to be a option or i wait for the day when 3D takes of and they produce a decent TV without the need for stupid glasses.

And why i bought a 3DS is beyond belief.i bought one or should i say traded for one on day of release and never touch it................Its going and my mobile gaming days are over................With a ipad that has a much bigger screen its a lot more fun.

I have quite a few dust collectors on top of my glass tv stand,the Nintendo wii been a prime example plus the Kinect and the Playstation move............Bet i have used these for 10 minutes in the last 6 months and i have to question my ability to make informed choices................Never been really sold on these motion controller type games as i am to dam idle and having to stand up or throw my arms and legs around is not my idea of fun when gaming..............Only Child of eden on the Kinect from the maker of Rez holds my attention which is out in a few weeks i think wink

Edited by time2die (Wed 08-Jun-11 00:37:04)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Wed 08-Jun-11 03:34:41
Print Post

You'd be surprised its screen is meant to be quite big, i dont think its meant for hardcore usage anyway, its early days for it all anyway so time will tell.

If you've followed sonys main franchises in the past and liked them then yes, you are right their new games are going to be for you, personally ive only played uncharted 1 and wasn't that impressed with it, resistance 1 played and thought it was overly generic, etc. Last guardian will probably be a very good game, ico and shadow were, i just hope the HD remakes turn out good and don't lose the atmosphere as many "HD remakes" have done in recent times but between them and halo CE it might be a turning point for them done right.

If current market trends are showing you wont need to worry about 3D as people would have lost intrest in it, sales of cinema and 3dtvs are down drastically in the USA which is a major indicator that its stalling so happy days smile, im not a fan of 3D tech, it might "look" 3D but it just isn't 3D enough for me, give me holograms already ;D.

Didn't see anything at E3 to lure me into buying a 3DS either, soon they will probably announce a slim line version and maybe then i might make the jump. I dont think nintendo knows what theyre doing with it, on one hand you have 3D which requires calibration and tuning and on the other they want you to motion it about, seems contradictory as most accounts say you need to keep it at a steady angle, i dunno, thats all ive heard, i have no intrest to hunt one down, my DSIXL is going strong still.

The prices of both the NGP (blech vita) and 3DS IMO spell the end for portability, these are platforms which are pimped up with tech like motion controls that you just wouldnt want to use in public, especially with their costs.

As for your collection of motion controllers, my wii hasnt seen use for god knows how long, even homebrewing it for a media center hasnt gained it any use. From microsofts conference it seems if you are prepared to use it then there are some good things in the pipeline for it. Its funny cause most peoples idea of a console is sitting on a couch and relaxing with it, over say PC gaming where it has a stereotype of being at a desk, now it seems to be you have to jump and flail your limbs about for consoles.

Child of eden is meant to be a very good game, rez certainly was.

So far this E3 has shown me nothing coming up in the immediate future to shift my perspective or rank up on my want list, which is disappointing....

Next major title for me to look forward to is Deus Ex, i grabbed the leaked preview as it seems this isn't really a "leak" at all, it just seems to be a demo/beta hybrid which they don't want to call a demo as it has bugs in it, it is very much a demo in what is available though. I was concerned about touching it but then after news articles popped up and theres an open field day of discussion about it on the eidos boards and i even had ultra conversative friends telling me to try it.

I suppose the new wii zelda too, but i dont think that has an eta? its mostly indie games that have kept me going recently and the relaunch of apb, we'll see, i just wish some of the AAA games had the gameplay of the indie games, if those two worlds ever collide properly then it'd be happy days.
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Wed 08-Jun-11 05:02:57
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I think they should concentrate on gaming, not these silly fad devices.

EDIT: Also they need a gamer in charge of gaming, not a clown in a monkey suit dictating what we want...

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Tox_Laximus (Wed 08-Jun-11 05:42:29)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jun-11 09:06:59
Print Post

I brought a WII and have known from that moment forward , motion sensing was not for me .
So no Kinect and no Move , it was hard enough going from mouse keyboard to control pad , im not about to change again .

If the Xbox played Blue Ray i might of been tempted to get a Kinect for the main telly but for now that's where the PS3 lives and the WII , i have no idea where my DS lite is and gave away my PSP .

Any announcement that involves a new console would mean a expected new purchase for me , but the WII has had so little usage it would be a carefully considered purchase , as not wanting another dust gatherer under the TV

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Wed 08-Jun-11 09:14:20
Print Post

I like the idea of being able to swap between playing on the TV and playing on the screen so you can share the TV, that's a pretty cool feature. Will reserve judgement on the other bits until I see more on it though! I have always been a fan of Nintendo up until the Wii, it wasn't really for me.

Print Thread

Jump to