Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 10-Jun-11 21:13:32
Print Post

Black Ops Escalation pack

[link to this post]

1/2 an hour into combat training. It lags as bad as the multiplayer itself. The Ai is far worse. Tracking you through buildings before it could even possibly know you were there. One bullet kills Ai, 10 bullet kills player. Then freezes the PS3, requiring it to be turned off at the wall to reset it. Diabolical.

Shame because a couple of the maps seem really playable, like stockpile and convoy. Just hope the new zombies fares a bit better.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User NuttyMucker
(regular) Fri 10-Jun-11 22:45:52
Print Post

Re: Black Ops Escalation pack

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Im avid on BO with Xbox and no lag to talk about except when playing against the USA or when people join the room the game jumps for a second or two. Combat training not that I have played huge amounts but never any issues there.
Stockpile is the best map out of the pack especially for Hardcore S&D
You might have just hit it at a bad time, dont give up as there are still 5 months to MW3!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jun-11 00:53:29
Print Post

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

Have to agree it runs as smooth as silk on the xbox 360 and I'm thinking come winter time i Know what console i will be getting MW3 and Battlefields 3 on.

Time to invest in a 360 Mrnelster my friend. wink

Not only that but Microsoft have done that exclusive deal again and Playstation owners will be waiting another month for downloaded content that first goes on the 360.............

Obviously there is the possibility that MW3 and Battlefields will be as good as the 360 version because i don't remember MW2 been bad on the playstation 3 when Infinity ward released it.

I see you often on the psn network playing Black Ops just like my friend who plays nothing else,i downloaded the map pack 1 month ago............Why i will never know as i never play the game and Treyarch just don't do it for me.

Had some fun with the multiplayer but its not the type of game that holds my interest for long unlike Infinity Wards Cod Games..

I'm even tempted to get hold of a copy of MW2 on the 360 because that was a fantastic game until Mr hacker entered the PlayStation arena and ruined it for all.

Anyone confirm how the 360 of this game is ......?

Edited by time2die (Sat 11-Jun-11 01:14:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sat 11-Jun-11 06:26:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Never had any issues with it, just know that microsoft banned people who used the javelin exploit/out of map/etc

They don't stand for any exploitation like that due to the truskill system.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jun-11 10:22:37
Print Post

if you had asked about MW2 last month on Xbox i would of said its been left to the hackers also but i ventured back over this weekend after downloading a patch , and everything seems fine .... apart from the one man army danger close Noob tubing and the 360 quick scope's and that ridiculous knife lung and the lobby's really are only full of kids.

I really struggle to understand why you get misty eyed about MW2 , the first MW , sure , but MW2 ? .

But i do online multiplayer as do the majority of people that subscribe to the COD series and MW2 did not tick the right boxes and i go as far as saying Black Ops has been the most balanced title since the greatest of them all MW . this is on Xbox thou as i know black Ops does not perform as well on other platforms . PS3 from experience PC from the community response .

I do how ever feel MW3 will be a defining moment for IW , or should that be undefined as there not actually developing the multiplayer portion of the game .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-Jun-11 23:39:27
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Any idea how to solve the menu problem - where the standard Windows 7 busy icon is active and no menu is selectable ?

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books Blog
HP Catalog Apps : 5 (+0 being reviewed) Android Marketplace Apps : 2
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Jun-11 19:05:27
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I don't understand the loyalty for MW games.
They blew it with me and I'm not giving them another chance

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Mon 13-Jun-11 19:42:35
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Indeed, i got it to play with friends but never touched the map packs, blackops i got pretty much free but even then that was too much, not going any where near MW3 except to blast through single player on a friends console or something.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-11 00:45:04
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Why so much MW hate ............Its a great game lads so why cut of your nose to spite your face............This and Battlefields are going to be a great time for FPS fans around the world come Winter....................

I have just got hold of a copy of MW2 on the 360 and i love this game to bits and it annihilates Black ops and spec ops is a brilliant side game and one hell of a lot of fun even 2 years after it was released.

Only downside is when i go into a multiplayer match i am rank 1 and everybody else is ranked out virtually...............Games brilliant and if it was not for hackers on the playstation version [fixed now apparently] then really nobody should be hating this game .............I understand the hatred of Bobby at Activision but MW games are a lot of fun.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 14-Jun-11 09:41:53
Print Post

MW3...answers from Infinity Ward

http://m.examiner.com/exBoston/pm_64469/contentdetai...

Some confirmation about stuff added or removed. Click link at the bottom for the full thread. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to