Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 11-Jun-11 11:47:01
Print Post

Sony Vita handheld

[link to this post]

I've never spent more than ten minutes on any handheld, and though tempted tempted to buy one at holiday times, I've always backed down at the last minute. I promised myself I would never buy a handheld.

But I will definitely renége on that promise with the Vita for one simple reason. Real control sticks and FPS titles. Resistance is already confirmed and though the story is tired, for a portable it is more about being able to shoot stuff that will keep me entertained rather than the story line. Some people will expect a more immersive experience, but the PS3 is my gaming mainstay. I won't be spending as much time on the Vita, so nice visuals and the proper tools for opposable thumbs is the clincher for me.

But has anybody read anything about the interface with the PS3? Ruin will apparently be able to transfer a game from the Vita to the PS3 so the player can continue where he left off. But what are the possibilities of streaming the PS3 gameplay to the Vita? It would be great if the control and visuals were on the handheld amd the PS3 gamecould be streamed utilising the processing power of the PS3 console. or is that too simplistic a view? If it's possible for the proposed cloud based gaming services, then it should be possible. So when the family take over the big telly with their Blu Ray movies, I could turn on the PS3 and stream to my Vita?

Either way, I will be buying the wifi version on release. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Sat 11-Jun-11 17:45:19
Print Post

Re: Sony Vita handheld

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Since when were analogue sticks good for FPSs? tongue Does look tasty though and I thought it would cost more. Tempting.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 11-Jun-11 19:11:10
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

I meant compared to a D pad or touch screen! tongue

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Jun-11 01:02:04
Print Post

My eyes just can not take small screen gaming anymore so i stick with my Ipad that is just about big enough.

I have had it with PSP and Nintendo ds and 3do as i guy them and just cast them aside and never use them.

The latest PSP was the biggest waste of time and money and a complete utter failure as far as Sony and handhelds are concerned..
Standard User wolverinex
(newbie) Wed 15-Jun-11 21:21:19
Print Post

it is amazing. I would love to buy it. Can't wait to see it in the stores. Sony PSV rocks
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jun-11 23:43:57
Print Post

[re: wolverinex] [link to this post]

Apart from the small screen that really puts me of now i am getting older the lack of support and the distinct lack of killer games on these small consoles is another major factor and i wont be buying one again regardless of what they do with them.

I have a 3DX and i have spent 10 minutes on it in the last 3 months as there is just no software that keeps me interested and the 3d Effect i have to switch of [which is missing the point] does my head in and my eyes just can not adjust to it.

Zelda Ocarina in time a game that's a decade old gets released for it this Friday..........Fantastic game but would it not have been beneficial to produce something new and to stop putting retro games on new consoles and constant updates of games from the past..............To be honest the only thing i like playing on these small handhelds are puzzle games because i think it suits them best.
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jun-11 00:33:02
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

That some kind of overclocked special version of the 3DS? tongue

Can see your point on handhelds. Unless there is a deep game for every gamer, most aren't going to be interested after playing a few gimmicky games.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 16-Jun-11 06:59:34
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Very true. And that game for me will be Uncharted. smile

I'm not a big third person fan, but on handhelds I think it suits them much better. In the car I agree with T2D, my eyes would only survive with games like Tetris!

But for hotel rooms when travelling and hiding in the van when it's raining heavily, Uncharted or similar would be perfect.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jun-11 11:28:32
Print Post

I have 2 PSP's
Never use them but I have been collecting UMD films for a couple of years now.
Only cheap second hand ones for under £3
I need 2 PSP's because the new one I bought came from USA and I didn't realise it was region specific frown

I won't be buying the new PSP though

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Thu 16-Jun-11 16:18:15
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I haven't really looked into it, but, even though I definitely won't be buying one, I definitely wouldn't but that one first - Heh, that was almost a compliment. Nearly. smile

Be* with this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - Be* Here wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to