Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 00:39:59
Print Post

Child Of Eden Tomorow..........

[link to this post]

Will pick this up for the Kinect tomorrow but i wont be getting the Alice Madness Returns game after looking at some of the video and the below average reviews.

Child Of Eden looks good even though its very much in the same mould as REZ and is really a very short game at just over 2 hours ............

I love these type of games and i love Trance music and its suppose to be the title Kinect was waiting for even though i am bone idle and will more than likely revert to using the 360 control pad...............

Dont you just wish that Battlefields 3 was out tomorrow or even MW3...........quite interesting that Battlefields 3 will be released nearly a month before MW3 ships .

Do you think this is a good thing and will it help or hinder the MW3 game a month later or will it be exactly what Infinty Ward/Sledehammer/Activision would like and not go head to head with a release at the same time.

After all gamers will have more money 3 or 4 weeks later wont they wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 17-Jun-11 00:44:11)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 01:23:30
Print Post

Re: Child Of Eden Tomorow..........

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If you like music games and such you should check this out:
http://www.coldbeamgames.com/

They just released the ULTRA addon, if you dont suffer from epilepsy before hand you will afterwards laugh

If you dont believe me this is from the hardest mode in the game playing one of the toughest/longest songs you can feed in to it (you can feed anything into it). Ultra added more enemies, coop and vs, etc also boosted the intensity to 200% and a ton of other things.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 06:49:54
Print Post

Do you think this is a good thing and will it help or hinder the MW3 game a month later or will it be exactly what Infinty Ward/Sledgehammer/Activision would like and not go head to head with a release at the same time.

Might be to Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/Activision's detriment. BF3 looks like a great product, but they know the hold COD has had over recent years. Even if it is a better game it would struggle to compete on sales at the start.

COD always seems to release around 10 days into November. Probably a shrewd move to get BF3 out first from a marketing point of view. Many people may still be undecided with all the hype going on, and after seeing it on release may make their mind up. With BFBC2 the developers openly admitted they could not afford to go head to head with COD, from a development or marketing standpoint.

I hope BF3 changes that dynamic.

If BF3 looks as good on the PS3 when released as promised, I won't rush out and buy MW3. I'll play BF3 first and buy MW3 later. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 09:42:33
Print Post

Re: Playstation 3 Footage Battlefields 3

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

First Screenshots of Playstation 3 version of Battlefields 3 and at the end of the link some Playstation 3 footage of the game RUNNING

Edited by time2die (Fri 17-Jun-11 09:47:14)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 09:49:08
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Got this on my Desktop Falcon but not that impressed with this and the pc controls for playing it..............Think its on the PSN store so i may check it out.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Jun-11 10:15:03
Print Post

really don't want to be waving at my telly , do enough of that during the football season .

BF3 will be a PS3 or if i manage to extract some money from the house hold budget a PC realise ( not likely ) so probably getting on PS3 .
Im really wanting to build a new PC and it is purely because of BF3 , make of that what you will but that's how im seeing things

MW3 will be for the xbox , seen enough to know this is the platform of choice for COD games when owning a PS3 and a xbox and maybe a good PC ( in the future , that is )

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 10:54:38
Print Post

Watching it in 720 looked nice. Not as nice as the PC but but still nice. Looked a lot smoother on the PC but then the player was a lot better than these three herberts!!

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 17:57:02
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

https://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/81652736738861056
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 18:03:05
Print Post

Plays much better with a controller, does have to be said.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 18:38:02
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I tried it briefly with the Kinect and i am not sold on the idea and like i have said in so many previous posts i don't like motion controlled gaming and count me out with anything interactive in the future as i am to dam lazy.wink.

Its a great game but i have severe doubts that this is even 2 hours long as i ploughed through the first 3 levels [and there is only 5] in 35 minutes.

Music is great and i love the trance type music and its very much a updated version of REZ...............If I'm honest then the game should be £19.99 or something and not the £37.00 Blockbusters are charging.

Unless the last 2 levels change the pace of the game which i doubt i really think you could go through this game in 1 hour or just a tad beyond that.

Beautiful looking game with fantastic visual flair but way to short for a game of this price point.............
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to