Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Jun-11 18:14:23
Print Post

Dungeon Siege 3 (PC/PS3/360) Thoughts (spoilers)

[link to this post]

So I reckon I'm half way through the game, been playing on my 360 controller on the PC at full graphics settings and resolution.

First question: Is it worth £30?
No.
2nd q: Is it a successor to DS2?
Yes and no. It does exactly what DS2 did (or at least what I can remember of it). But it doesn't do much more.

3rd q: What's wrong with it?
It feels so old, very wooden to play. Most of the time you feel like a stationary gun as there is no locking targets.
Remember Balder Gate? Yes, the 'huh' sound when you jumped that you spammed to keep the boredom away, well the same happens here, just replace jump with roll.
Also remember, if your buddy is standing at the edge of the frame, you are stuck in that frame till they move with you, good ol' co-op style.

4th q: So did they get anything right?
Yes, it still feels like Dungeon Siege. You have your minimap, plenty of loot to sell, small contained corridors to fight down, fancy spells, decent voice acting, same terrible scripts, and of course they kept Co-op.

Extras:
Talent trees seem to be a bit meh, as long as I put points in and play to that style I'll do more damage/healing. I love the clockwork like robots.

Graphics are sub par to Fable 3 and the Witcher 1 & 2.

I'm just going to go back to F3 the now, as much as I loved Balder Gate Dark Alliance on the GC, I played it to death and DS3 feels a bit like more of the same.

Edited by Gzero (Fri 17-Jun-11 18:18:38)

Print Thread

Jump to