Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 00:54:38
Print Post

Battlefields 3........The negative bits ?

[link to this post]

Only a matter of time that the once mighty Battlefields 3 that we have all been drooling about got taken down and few pegs regarding the console port of this game.

Seems the technical limitations of the consoles and the fact that there is a fair bit going on has limited the frame rate to 30fps.............Unlike MW serious that runs at 60fps.........Seems MW3 is not all that bad after all now is it ?

I dare say some more secrets and negativity surrounding B3 and MW3 will be on the Internet as the weeks roll by and we get updated NEWS wink

No 1080P resolution either as its going to run at a maxed out 720

Edited by time2die (Sun 19-Jun-11 01:00:37)

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jun-11 01:21:24
Print Post

Re: Battlefields 3........The negative bits ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

3D spotting looks like it's still in the game from the gameplay vids last month.

Daft 1st person vaulting animation.

Silly pricing structures (on PC, f.e. Back to Karkand is zero day DLC for those that don't pre-order).

Still might only be 4 man squads. 8 teams of 4 running amok doesn't sound very tactical to me?

Need to see more before making my mind up, doubt there will be a demo (since 1942, DICE probably think they don't need em).
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sun 19-Jun-11 04:26:17
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

3D Spotting isn't too much of an issue IMO, its more exaggerated on consoles for some odd reason, they cry wallhacks when they all have aim assist like aimbots.

The pricing structure will probably change for PC's it'll probably end up like BC2 was... or so i hope...

Squads should be back to BF2 levels we'll have to see...

What concerns me the most isn't any of that, it isn't the game play, its what EA is doing with origin.

They seem to be aggressively pushing it, so much so they did it with the crysis 2 DLC which is what made valve delist crysis 2, their prior agreement was to ship all DLC same time across all platforms, EA breached it with shipping the dlc on origin first. Theres the whole thing over bonuses and stuff too again all origin linked/based. If EA is going to stuff BF3 full of origin EA can stuff their ass full of it.

Consoles running games at 30fps wont really be noticeable TBH, its when that frame rate dips you notice it, if it can keep 30 consistent you wont notice. Plus anyway, what do you expect? this is an engine thats built around PC's, not around ancient consoles, the engine MW3 is using is ridiculously outdated. Also you would be shocked at the amount of games which arent 1080p native...

Regardless of even if BF3 is a let down, MW3 is still a steaming pile of casualised turdtastic trash full of kids who want to be pro with their aim assist and quick scoping and camping. Do not want.

Edited by FireFalcon (Sun 19-Jun-11 06:49:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 08:36:18
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

So you wont be getting MW3 then Falcon wink
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 09:12:41
Print Post

bf3's biggest issue will be its awful community, its going to be mostly bc2 players who migrate over and you will end up with half a team going for a picnic on wookie hill (sniping) the other half tking each other in base for a tank/plane/helicopter and the odd guy who isnt a [censored] playing the game properly

the ridiculous destruction needs to be toned down as well but they wont because its frostbite and the selling point is turn a wall to dust by shooting 556 at it

imo bf3 is a perfect example of lazy development, there is zero innovation in the game, it doesn't have a single feature that wasnt in a previous battlefield title

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jun-11 10:07:29
Print Post

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

imo bf3 is a perfect example of lazy development, there is zero innovation in the game, it doesn't have a single feature that wasnt in a previous battlefield title

exactly the same could be said about COD titles and a whole host of other franchise games but why would a developer change the core mechanics of a successful game ?

Edit: do believe going prone , is a new feature but hardly a innovation .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU

Edited by woweebert (Sun 19-Jun-11 10:11:02)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Jun-11 10:21:13
Print Post

My biggest issue has been for a while , that most of the footage shown has been PC generated , not wanting to be mugged , i have taken note and trying my best to talk my better half into a new family computer (translated as new gamer for me ) , as it seems by far the best platform to be plying BF3 .

Also a interview given by IW very own stealth clown , where he is banging on about not giving up the 60fps was a obvious directed towards the fact BF3 did not have 60fps .

Vivaciti MurphX LLU
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 11:46:30
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

you could prone in bf1942 and all other battlefield games exept bc 1&2

mw3 isnt even developed by IW, raven are making the mp and an a new startup sledghammer games got stuck with the task of making the sp after most of IW staff quit.

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Edited by tetsuo (Sun 19-Jun-11 12:04:50)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 11:49:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Seems the technical limitations of the consoles and the fact that there is a fair bit going on has limited the frame rate to 30fps.............Unlike MW serious that runs at 60fps.........Seems MW3 is not all that bad after all now is it ?

The human can only see frames rates of 25fps

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jun-11 12:17:05
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

thats not true at all, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#Visible_fram... things like films being 24fps is just because that back when they started making movies it was cheper to use that format, avatar 2 will be shot at 60fps and probably shown in cinemas at that framerate as well as all it requires is a firmware update to the digital projectors the hobbit is also being filmed at either 48 or 60 fps

Nick

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to