Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 01-Jul-11 00:40:43
Print Post

Steam sale now on

[link to this post]

The Steam summer camp sale has just started. Looks like there'll be new daily deals at 6pm up to July 10th. As always, it's best to wait to buy anything you want till the last day if it's not a daily deal. Still haven't played all the games I bought from the last one. x)

Slightly tempted by Borderlands myself. Recettear is a great little indie game and I've heard good things about Bit.Trip Runner.

Thought this might be a useful link too:
http://www.steamgamesales.com/?sort=savings&order=de...

Edited by e102gamma (Fri 01-Jul-11 00:42:42)

Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Fri 01-Jul-11 08:01:49
Print Post

Re: Steam sale now on

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

And so it starts, I wonder how much steam is going to pillage of me this time... wink

Already bought frozen synapse (not special title but on sale regardless), what an amazing little game, its like if chess had a random selection of units and they all had guns. You basically get a random squad on one of a ton of different game types and you plot out their movements, when they fire, what angles, what cover to stand behind, etc. All the maps are random too. Whats nice about it is though you can challenge pretty much anyone and also you get to watch the replays back, pretty much every match gets stored for people to playback and view. Also you can start as many games/take as much time/etc, since the game is turn based your opponent doesnt need to be present all the match so it just gets paused and picked up later like those email games. You get 2 copies of the game as well when you buy it (so you can give to a friend).

My first multi game i lost, watching the replay through the guy got fairly lucky with his angles, but during and after i watched his previous matches and saw about 75% of his games where he got destroyed, emphasis because the games were literally done in 2 turns and they had no dead.

Anyways, 5 objectives done today, no goodies redeemed, got my eyes on a few though, will need about 15 tickets to get all i want from it.
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:11
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

And so the swag bag swells, spacechem + alien breed + dwarfs 5 tickets for today laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Sun 03-Jul-11 00:05:52
Print Post

I've managed to resist thus far. I've heard good things about Magicka so that's a possibility. I'd get Super Meat Boy if I didn't already own it. Great game.
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Jul-11 00:46:00
Print Post

If you've got 3 other friends to play Magicka with, yeah it's good fun.

However, it can be a pain to get all 4 of you's in a game with out it crashing on someone.
Also it's actually quite a system hog, so don't go thinking that a low spec pc can run it. ;p
Standard User FireFalcon
(experienced) Sun 03-Jul-11 00:48:51
Print Post

Magicka is great fun with friends and such, its also refered to as the wizard suicide/murder simulator for reasons that will be obvious as early as the tutorial. Its not really a solo game.

Bought hoard and garshap today to get the tickets, they were cheap and looked semi decent.
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Jul-11 18:04:26
Print Post

Got my self the swedish summer achievement, using my 360 controller (yeah casting rain on the 360 controller lmao) laugh
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Sun 03-Jul-11 18:24:00
Print Post

Really want to get Assassin's Creed 2 but can't bring myself to with that dreaded UbiDRM attached. Men of War I'll probably get, if only to shut a friend up that keeps begging me to get it. x)
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Jul-11 18:43:41
Print Post

Went and got the pack for £17 off steam, might as well. laugh
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Jul-11 19:47:49
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I got all of yesterdays tickets smile, only 4 today though frown