Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Mon 04-Jul-11 07:34:16
Print Post

Starting to look forward to this more and more

[link to this post]

Gun turrets, bomb cars snd spider cannons. Some good battles through this clip. Probably a day one purchase for me now, and fills the void till November. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLsimDM2Do&feature=y...

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Jul-11 08:42:17
Print Post

Re: Starting to look forward to this more and more

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I will more than likely pick it up but i am not that impressed with the way the guns look and sound wink

Resistance 3,Dead Island,Deus Ex: Human Revolution all get released a week or 2 before Rage so its coming out within quite a crowded window and i feel some of the game mentioned will be better.

Edited by time2die (Mon 04-Jul-11 08:47:09)

Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Jul-11 17:40:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Dodge res 3, wait on dead island, buy deus ex.

Thats the way i'd do it IMO, the res series hasnt been fantastic, dead island is coming from a relatively small scale dev studio, methinks the game will launch buggy, deus ex theres been solid development progress and stuff for it, from what ive played on the preview build it seems like quite a solid game.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 00:50:15
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Sound reasoning to me. Shall likely get Deus Ex when it's a bit cheaper and maybe Dead Island once I know what to expect and, as you say, all the bugs have been ironed out.

Nice to see this demo was a PC version.

Love the spider cannon. The game looks very much like Borderlands which, thanks to the Steam sale, is what I'm playing right now.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 06:20:45
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Love the spider cannon.

Yeah. I thought it was a nice touch. smile

I never went for borderlands because I thought it was a bit cartoony? How do you rate it?

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 06:26:02
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Hmmm, watching again I think you are right about the guns. Im not too fussed about the look, but the sounds are definitely not up there.

Still probably give it a go though. The movement and control looks pretty fluid, which should make it physically more pleasing than Killzone at least. smile

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 06:47:36
Print Post

I have clocked up a fair few hours in Borderlands the last few days. It is very cartoony in places but that mostly adds rather than detracts from the game.

There are loads of things I find extremely irritating about the game but quite a few aspects which draw me in and keep me playing.

Seems there's always something new that you didn't know about that gives a big surprise every now and then.

Thus far I'd say it's just about worth the £7.50 or so I paid for it. I'm looking forward to playing Rage but won't be paying £30 for it. A game has to be really special to get that much out of me.

Spider cannons rule! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 06:54:24
Print Post

Some bold claims by the developers.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/06/30/rage-the-legacy-of-...

One of the best looking games produced on a console?

May be a bit of "big up yourself", but Mr. Willits and co. certainly have the pedigree to be taken reasonably seriously. smile

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 05-Jul-11 07:02:53
Print Post

Thus far I'd say it's just about worth the £7.50 or so I paid for it. I'm looking forward to playing Rage but won't be paying £30 for it. A game has to be really special to get that much out of me.

A bargain then.

One of the really annoying traits of the console for me is the price of games. Trade a game in for 3 quid and see it back on the shelf 2nd hand for 25 quid.

Grrrrrrr! frown

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jul-11 08:02:11
Print Post

I quite liked borderlands, less liked some of its dlc which could have been better, ned being good in places but an absolute bore in others, moxxi being your horde mode deal vs waves, knoxx being the best by far only let down by lack of fast travel points (you have to drive everywhere), claptrap was a good run through but was just lacking in some aspects.

IMO borderlands is best played with others, if its played solo it isn't much fun at all, its just a grind. Its art style i'd say is kinda nice, it was certainly different when it was released but since then many other games have taken its style and applied different effects, i.e rage takes the borderlands style and adds in higher detailed textures as opposed to borderlands more simple ones. It also wont appeal to anyone who doesn't love their loot/quest for better gear.

I'll be holding back on rage, sure carmack is behind it but he hasnt done anything for a while, it looks like they did take borderlands and pimp it up, not a bad thing but not entirely fresh either also i suspect his development might be a bit too overly greedy on PC's with optimisation being left behind. Also Bethesda, make great games but also are full of great big holes where the bugs chewed through.

We shall see, deus ex is on my list for sure (that is if i don't win it in this steam contest wink), its got some very nice things about it, if they play out deeper into the full game and aren't quickly forgotten it'll be very nice if you are looking for a game with a deep story.

Edited by FireFalcon (Tue 05-Jul-11 08:02:41)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to