Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jul-11 14:39:49
Print Post

Ten Minutes of Deus Ex Video

[link to this post]

Taken from Ign.com...................DEUS EX.

Not exactly what i expected and this is definitely Playstation 3 footage.after seeing this i am not that excited to be honest as patience and tactical awareness seem pretty heavy as in previous Deus Ex games.................I'm a run and gunner and like fast paced FPS.

Edited by time2die (Thu 07-Jul-11 14:50:12)

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Jul-11 15:41:23
Print Post

Re: Ten Minutes of Deus Ex Video

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I can't watch that video whilst in working but I was under the impression that there 3 distinct ways of playing (including run and gun)

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Jul-11 16:23:46
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

TBH I didn't think it'd fitting your playstyle entirely t2d, it will be quite heavy on the story, for example a few of the choices you make before you ever do the first mission will echo through out until you at least leave detroit. Cant say about anything further due to the way the preview was but you get the point.

They say going run and gun is an approach you can take and i'd say thats true to an extent you'll still have to deal with dialogue and story pieces. Theres some neat stuff going on with it though if you are willing to give it the time though, i'd say playing a sleath action hybrid with a focus on non lethal take downs would be a more rewarding route to go through the story.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jul-11 18:05:38
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I tend to agree with you Falcon as my patience is not my strongest point and as i am getting older i tend to like games that don't tax the brain to much and its possible Deux Ex may be a little plot heavy for my liking.

I am not saying it wont be a great game for the people who are looking forward to it but i don't particularly think its my type of game from what i have seen.

I quickly get bored with games with 40 hours plus of game play with Mass Effect 1 and 2 [great game] been a typical example...........Played it for days but never had the patience and commitment to finish it.............Just the way it is with me nowadays.

Its very much like metal gear solid and even though i enjoyed much of those games i have to admit there was to much sneaking around and to many cut scenes for my liking.

Edited by time2die (Thu 07-Jul-11 23:58:04)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 08-Jul-11 01:17:48
Print Post

I loved MGS on the original playstation, cutscenes and all. It was not my typical kind of game and I didn't appreciate it at first when I borrowed it off a mate but it really blew me away at the time.

Never played any of the Splinter Cell games due to the emphasis on stealth and sneaking around not killing all and sundry as I wanted. Didn't have the patience after trying the first demo so I do understand where you're coming from.

However, these days I think I find myself craving a more cerebral approach to dispatching or evading my in-game enemies and have a hankering for a bit of stealth based sneaking about. I am looking forward to Deus Ex if its got a good storyline and there's not too much repetition - some of the footage I've seen of the game thus far just gives me a bad feeling of playing the same old stale 'clear out the warehouse/capture the object, cutscene, then move on to the next location' type game that it turns me off.

Guess I like my more open ended type gaming where you're not restricted in your environment and are free to roam and carry out missions at your own leisure in an order that suits you. Give me vehicles, nice guns and a nice open expanse of different environments and plenty of sunshine and the odd weather effect/night cycle and I'm a happy bunny. That or BF3!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-11 01:39:42
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Hey Spook you surfaced once again matey wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 08-Jul-11 03:55:47
Print Post

You didn't notice I've been posting here and there? I just thought you was ignoring me!

I've been reading and lurking, keeping an eye on you lot. To be fair, I've not got a lot to contribute so I try not to post meaningless opinion and waffle too much.

Been playing Borderlands a lot lately and due to the Steam sale, have been catching up with many games I may have missed out on over the last couple of years.

I have got loads of games mate. Check it out! BBC2:Vietnam expansion pack (not so good, where the heck is everybody?), Bully: Scholarship edition (looking forward to that), Fallout: New Vegas (keen to give that a go after playing Fallout 3 when it came out), Garrys mod (just cos it was missing from my Half Life list), Left 4 Dead 2 (always liked zombies and this is pretty much the pinnacle innit?) and actually, that completes my recent spending spree.

Have you been tempted by any Steam sale games yerself, t2d? I imagine you must have most of the good ones or traded them in already. Though of course you are more of a couch and big screen guy and would prefer it if Steam was available on your beloved Xbox360 of course! Now, if Gabe whatsiface of Valve is reading, then pay attention as I might have just made him megabucks with this idea if it hasn't already been implemented by now!

Well, enough from me. Hope you are enjoying your gaming mate and keep sharing the news, views and mini reviews. Gotta get my gaming intel from somewhere! You and the rest of the boys are doing a good job in educating old Spook. So, as ever, ta for that. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-11 08:32:52
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I use Steam very occasionally mate but like you said i prefer to be in a cozy chair by a big television.

Try as i might i just can not get into PC gaming anymore regardless of them been so graphically superior to consoles.

Even the mighty Battlefields due on the horizon has not tempted me to upgrade this gaming rig which was built by scan and is one of there 3XS systems that in my eyes is just a waste of money.
  Print Thread

Jump to