Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 14-Jul-11 21:07:55
Print Post

MW3

[link to this post]

"Modern Warfare style is, for me, all about the high-speed, fast-paced—and I'm talking in terms of smooth controls and 60-frames-per-second framerate—infantry-focused combat. And it's all focused on that gun-on-gun gameplay, especially in Modern Warfare 3"
The game, he said to Kotaku, will return Modern Warfare to its roots in the first game, away from the air strikes and killstreaks of MW2 and Black Ops."

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/2360/article/mode...

smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 14-Jul-11 21:20:26
Print Post

Re: MW3

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Interview.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/07/14/modern-warfar...

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User NuttyMucker
(regular) Thu 14-Jul-11 21:51:46
Print Post

Cant wait, roll on November smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 06:31:16
Print Post

just been reading this interview and looking forward to the multi player reveal in September .

But as always, im a experienced COD player and always worry when a developer seems more focused on making a game more accessible for noobs than the hardcore fan base the COD series already has .

In my experience making it more noob friendly can bring unbalance to the game , as more experienced player will use the noob friendly perks and maps to become even more dominant and rather than noob friendly it becomes a noob nightmare .

Its all about getting the balance right and as this is BeachHeads first attempt at a COD multi player , im staying well and truly sat on the fence .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Edited by woweebert (Fri 15-Jul-11 06:38:20)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 15-Jul-11 06:53:19
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I know what you mean. But I'm more worried about the netcode and matchmaking. If they don't alter that to get better parity in connection speeds then I'll just stick to campaign and survival/co-op mode.

The way the game looks it will be worth it for that alone.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 07:35:51
Print Post

Thats more of a PS3 problem as Xbox have a local option that works to a fashion , with match making being OKish on Xbox live .

I do agree that they do need to do better optimization for the PS3 version of MW3 as Black Ops IMHO has been a bit of a fail for PS3 owners , as the online has just not worked as well as it does for xbox players .

How much of that is down to PSN or bad optimization i would not like to guess but short answer is " it needs to be better " for PS3 owners .

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-11 09:46:59
Print Post

I actually picked up a Playstation version of Black Ops after my mate had said they had fixed the network issues,having met up with both him and his new PSN buddies i was shocked how laggy the game still feels on the psn which he thinks is now wonderful.

I told him seriously since you refuse to play it on the 360 that the psn version is still way behind the xbox live game and i know after playing it for quite a time on a 360.

I don't think that MW3 will have network issues as both MW1 and 2 played as sweet as a nut minus Mr Hacker that ruined MW2 on psn.

Support is not a thing that Infinity Ward are very good at and it took them a mighty long time to put the hacks right in MW2 when most had already got fed up and ditched the game.

What i have seen of MW3 it looks brilliant but so did Black ops when i watched previews of that and I'm not that excited about Black Ops and never have been.

Both Infinity Ward Games have had me grinning from ear to ear and i don't think that they will disappoint with the Third installment,in fact i would be more worried about how Battlefield 3 turns out on the consoles because there are a few concerns hitting the Internet regarding this game.

I Have been revisiting some older games that i traded and have now picked back up and wonder why i traded these games in the first place.Had more fun With Left4dead2 last night than any other game in the past 6 months.

Edited by time2die (Fri 15-Jul-11 09:51:28)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 11:19:10
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Only problem with what your saying , is Infinity Ward are just a name , the core developers are not there any more, its a name with no substance .

Activision are not silly thou and there counting on Infinity Ward fan base to not see that Infinity aren't actually in a position to develop MW3 .

Have Beachhead ever made you smile ?, have Sledgehammer ever made you smile ? . Guess you will find out in November .

Just a penny for your thoughts . Obvoiusly Robert Bowling but who else gave a keynote speech on MW3 at E3 ( clue , not anybody from Infinity Ward development team ).

Still plenty of space on the fence if you fancy sitting on it .

PS. i still play Left4Dead2

Edited by woweebert (Fri 15-Jul-11 11:23:52)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-11 14:40:45
Print Post

I know 2 of the lead people got sacked by Activision and no Sledgehammer and Beachhead do not make me smile,only time will tell like you say and i am sure over the next few months a little more information will be reaching the masses.

I am also in the Mrnelster thought process and look forward to the spec ops/survival type of game which i hope turns out to be one hell of a lot of fun.

I wont be complaining though if MW3 plays like MW1 and 2 with a few added editions minus the ridiculous killstreaks that ruined the experience for most.

Personally i love everything that was Modern Warfare and i the pace of the online game suited me fine,there are hardened Battlefield people that will say they did not like it so its horses for courses and each to there own.

We are not all expected to like the same type of games or FPS so you either buy what you like or leave it on the shelf.

But in a ideal world FPS fans will wont both games to be super special regardless of who makes them,so lets hope come wintertime we are all indeed smiling smile

Edited by time2die (Fri 15-Jul-11 14:46:19)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 19:56:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Two got sacked , the two bosses of Infinity Ward and then most of the core developers left over a dispute over bonuses or to join there old bosses at Respawn.

Hence why Sledgehammer and Beachhead are involved as Infinity Ward don't have the skill set to produce the game , its just a name now and nothing else as the people who made Infinity Ward special don't work at Infinity Ward .

Im just not getting sucked in by the hype machine as i have already said " this installment of COD has the potential to be the worst since COD3 " i do hope im wrong as im a codite and look forward to my yearly installment but from where im sitting ( on my fence ) im not as optimistic as your self and others.

But then again i have been stung by the hype machine once to often, Duke Nukem being the final straw of a couple of years of mainly over hyped games , with very few actually delivering on the core values i expect from my purchases .

Co Op survival has been done before and was indeed part of MW2 but once completed i never revisited it , if its like MW2 co op survival , i will be disappointed , have to say Combat training in Black Ops was better than what was offered in MW2 and combat training was the right direction to go , to make the game more accessible to noobs .

that might sound a bit harsh but that's where i am at the moment , to much hype , not enough substance .

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to