Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 20-Jul-11 21:21:33
Print Post

Dead Island Preview

[link to this post]

Read all about it!
@
Bit Tech
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 20-Jul-11 21:37:44
Print Post

Re: Dead Island Preview

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Dead Island is shaping up to be a decent game, even if the end result isnít quite what the initial trailer promised.

Hmmm. The author didn't elaborate on that statement. Disappointment is expected but if it plays anything like Borderlands: The Zombie Island add-on then it's gonna have to be a pretty good laugh. Really enjoyed playing that.

Roll on September... what a wash out this July's been? And June come to think of it.

Where's the freekin' summer gone?
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 20-Jul-11 23:14:41
Print Post

All sounds a bit too much like Dead Rising 2 to me SPOOKish, and I found that got tedious very quickly. It was interesting slaughtering zombies in a yellow mankini and Raybans though.

Ahem.. nuff said. grin

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Jul-11 23:43:43
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Left4dead is the king of anything Zombie related............Period....

Summer is normally a drought Spook and its not until September that anything of interest takes my fancy and that is Bodycount.

I think Resistance 3 is around the same time and I'm not really that excited about that neither,funnily enough Resistance 1 and 2 get a release this coming Friday for £29.99 which i may just be tempted to buy if i am a little desperate for games which obviously I'm not.

Starting to play through MW2 again on the psn and its quality and to me it has far more appeal than Black Ops.

Dead Island for me is a waiting game,the trailer was brilliant but we have all seen this time and time before then got shafted when buying the so called games.

I see the Gaming media and certain companys are on the cash trail once again with turtle beach releasing various headsets especially for MW3 which you can see HERE

Look forward Mrnelster to some survival with you my friend once MW3 drops through the letterbox wink

And HERE is some sniper footage from B3 which i presume is closed Alpha code

Edited by time2die (Thu 21-Jul-11 00:05:07)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 21-Jul-11 03:39:46
Print Post

Makes me think of Borat. crazy

Yeah, I read the user comments and many made mention of Dead Rising 1/2 and how poor they were. Never played them meself so no idea. Hmmm. Some interesting zombies in Borderlands: Zombie Island that's for sure. They are bl--dy annoying!
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 21-Jul-11 03:46:35
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

L4D is another game I never got round to playing (for shame). I really liked all the trailers though.

I have just downloaded L4D2 in the Steam sale though so now I've more or less finished Borderlands I shall give it a go!

But I have just installed the new Crysis 2 texture/tesallation packs for the PC version giving the game the graphics it ought to have had on release (I hope). Looking forward to that too as I thought the gfx were truly awful when playing it a bit ago. Didn't even finish the first level I was that put off.

I was actually talking about the general lack of sunshine this summer mate. Doesn't seem we've had much dry weather since some time in May. Even I know summertime is traditionally a very slow time for major game releases, mate. Has ever been it seems. Maybe a few exceptions? Let's see - a nice little quiz is forming in my mind.

What A rated games have had their release in the summer months? Answers on a postcard or under this post please! tongue

I can name a couple meself even if one of them had been released previously on consoles...!

Edit: Just seen your links, ta for those. The BF3 sniper vid seems to have been lost as all it shows is a 4 second clip of the springboard logo. No night visions goggles for MW3 this time then? wink

This one? [new BF3 sniper multiplayer footage]

Looks all right to me (not mind blowing). Definitely interested in seeing how the new maps play out. All that foliage makes for tricky looking tactics, eh?

Edited by SPOOKish (Thu 21-Jul-11 03:56:48)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 21-Jul-11 08:29:53
Print Post

Look forward Mrnelster to some survival with you my friend once MW3 drops through the letterbox

You're on! I do ask that for strategic purposes, all team mates try to stick behind me though. It saves time with reviving. cool

Joking aside, where do you pre order to guarantee delivery on release date? I have not pre ordered since MW2. I ordered it 3 months before release and my mate ordered it 1 week before. He received his the day before release and I got mine 1 week after. And we both ordered from the same place, HMV online.

Since then I have opted for midnight runs to Asda!

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jul-11 08:44:43
Print Post

Only one place i use for my online gaming fix and that is ShopTo.Net which by most accounts games arrive a day early.

Having said that certain big releases in the past have turned up only on the release day but never have i had a order late.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Jul-11 08:56:33
Print Post

The more i see the more i WANT.

20 Minutes of gameplay...............
Standard User jorkila
(member) Mon 25-Jul-11 14:14:43
Print Post

Gotta second that t2d, if nothing else this game is gonna be a lot of fun!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to