Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 28-Jul-11 18:12:09
Print Post

Rage Trailer #5

[link to this post]

New trailer released today (alternative link to bypass age check). I hope the factions are as different as they suggest. Could be great.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Jul-11 18:25:30
Print Post

Re: Rage Trailer #5

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

Was hyped for this at one stage but to be totally honest with you and watching your video and many others i'm kind of not bothered as to me it don't look that good especially the weapon design and the overall look of the game graphically.

Thanks for the trailer though as its good to get regular updates of games on the horizon.wink
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jul-11 23:17:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Story piques my interest, the graphics are meh, and the setting looks similar but not the same as borderlands.

The animations of the AI look nice, some decent feedback to when you shoot them as far as I can see from the trailers (something we haven't seen done well since Goldeneye). Yes other games have tried, CoD, Timesplitters, and others I haven't played, but they usually have [censored] resetting characteristics such as shooting them whilst they roll around and they don't respond or worse pop back up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 29-Jul-11 19:32:28
Print Post

Thanks for the direct link, I'm always failing the age check thing. Just kiddin' but it is nice to not have to input the requisite number of years just to proceed for once. I normally put 1st January 1911 or whatever's easiest when asked and I'm sure whatever age stats these games companies are collecting are totally skewed!

Agreed with my forum colleagues about the game in some respects, after having just finished Borderlands it's like oh my gosh, not another one! I do like these types of games though and Rage always appealed to me. It's just the thought of doing the same thing again and again that actually does my head in already, I don't think I'm ready to play again just yet.

I definitely want to get this game though and will do so once it gets closer to £20 than £30. Nice to see the developers providing better, more varied animations and (hopefully) AI. That said, I am somewhat sceptical as the enemies are always repetitive just through sheer numbers normally. Borderlands has some great characters in it and I enjoyed the way you'd get a morphing of the usual crew in different regions and with the expansion packs but ultimately it does get stale no matter the humour.

Well, Rage is still one to look out for.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 30-Jul-11 10:42:32
Print Post

I think this is a dark horse. If it has online campaign co-op then I will definitely give it a go.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Jul-11 18:52:26
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

No real coop play am afraid, they tried to downplay it by saying you get to do missions with your buddy, however... GTA4 had that and no one played those so there you have it. frown
  Print Thread

Jump to