Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Aug-11 15:48:10
Print Post

XBOX 360 OR PLAYSTATION 3...........?

[link to this post]

Both Battlefield and Modern Warfare 3 are pre/ordered for my preferred platform of choice the PlayStation 3.

Having had both versions of the game Black Ops and then returning back to the PlayStation version after my friend said that they had sorted out the network problems i am totally at a loss now on which is the better platform for the above 2 games or any game for that matter.

I am not a frantic Black Ops lover and have tested both versions for quite a few hours and i have to say the PlayStation version is appalling compared to its 360 counterpart.

My mate refuses to pay for xbox live and tells me he thinks it plays fine but i know better and he would be gob smacked if he made the jump and tried the 360 version.

I never experienced such a bad online experience before especially with Modern Warfare games,however i am now seriously considering getting both these games for the xbox 360 just in case network issues happen again.

Anyone on here tested both versions of BO and have similar issues as it would be interesting to get another view point.

With the map maps and stuff its costing a small fortune swapping and changing platforms,still looking forward to Dead Island apart from the negative fact its been developed by those guys that just released that Call Of Juarez Cartel game that basically bombed in the review department.

Everything i have seen regarding Dead Island says to me .....I want that Game ? wink
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Aug-11 20:01:03
Print Post

Re: XBOX 360 OR PLAYSTATION 3...........?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If you are picking a console for MW3 then without a doubt it HAS to be the 360, especially if you plan on investing time in its multiplayer, youve seen it for the past games it always runs better on the 360 and multiplayer is far better controlled, if anyone tries to exploit the ban hammer rains.

Your friend is saying theyve sorted it out now, but now is how many months after release? Do you really want to be paying for a game which you will sit and complain at because you are waiting for 10 patches to get it some where close to par where its at a level of playability?

Personally I wouldn't.

Can't speak for battlefield, 64 player PC multiplayer here i come.

I was going to do a 4pack on steam of dead island works out at £23 per person, however as you just said its done by techland, they havent been responsible for a good game. I'm tempted to hold off a bit maybe closer to launch there will be reviews or more detailed and honest previews.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Aug-11 23:14:46
Print Post

As above , i personally have found the xbox to be the better platform for COD games , as for BF games , i think the PC edges it , by quite a margin but IMHO as second slot , i do believe the PS3 will be the console of choice , simply by the fact DLC is a timed exclusive on the PS3.

I have ordered BF3 for both the PS3 and the Xbox ( no gaming PC frown ) , only as my friends list is far better and active over Xbox live but i do believe it will be a better online title on PSN , just by the fact DLC is a timed exclusive on PS3 and thus will be the developers console of choice for BF3( I could be very wrong ) .

COD or MW3 i am only buying on Xbox for obvious reasons

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Aug-11 11:12:30
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

I tend to agree Falcon for the likes of MW or Cod games,Black Ops is not my favourite Cod Game but i am gob smacked at the difference for the online experience between the 2 consoles.

Dead Island has me intrigued and up to a point i was more excited about this game than both MW3 and Battlefields until i saw who the developers are which kind of got me a little worried.

I am sure once the reviews start rolling in in a few weeks time the more we will know if this is going to be a Hit or a miss.

Have it ordered for the Playstation 3 mind you so if the xbox reviews say it better then i will be changing platform if this is the case.

Body count gets released a week before Dead Island and i hope this meets expectations also.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Aug-11 00:29:31
Print Post

I'm like your friend, I refuse to pay for xbox live

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Aug-11 00:59:48
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I understand mate but obviously a paid service is bound to be better equipped than a free service,quite frankly i just don't see Sony upgrading there servers and doing whats needed to run a fluent online service.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 09:59:16
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I never understand why people refuse to pay for Xbox Live, if it was as empty as Playstation Network then yea I would be annoyed but Xbox Live has LOADS to offer and for £2.50 a month you can't complain. People go out and spend £40 on a game that takes 8 hours to complete, I pay £2.50 a month for something I probably spend at least 40 hours on. The services, the layout, the uptime of it are all top class, I'm not a Microsoft fan at all but one thing they definitely do right is Xbox Live. Also what T2D said, if you're paying for it at least you know you are going to be getting a solid service, the only time I ever had a problem on Xbox Live was when MW1 came out and they gave everyone a free month of service for the 1 or 2 days downtime.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Aug-11 10:57:24
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I'm a avid PlayStation 3 fan but in all honesty the amount of time games come out and are far better on the Xbox 360 beggars belief.

Suppose a free service like the PlayStation is not going to be as good as a paid Microsoft service and if one game shows that then its Black Ops,not my favourite game as i mentioned but it runs as smooth as silk on Microsoft platform and totally garbage on the Sony network.

Price of a packet of cigs is knocking on around £7 and my mate buys them everyday yet refuses to pay for a service that costs £2.50 a month like Jaxx explained,the mind boggles really as to why any gamer would put up with a below standard online experience.

I mean at the end of the day nobody wants to have any outlay to play games online but the fact is that Xbox Live rains supreme and any future online game such as Battlefield and Cod games or any FPS my minds now made up after replaying Black Ops on the playstation network which is a awful experience.

This could be a one of and the developers Treyarch responsibility as i never experienced the same thing with any MW game.
Standard User jorkila
(member) Tue 09-Aug-11 16:06:20
Print Post

I think in general it's more of a sony fanboy thing and having to pay for xbox live just gives them more reason to hate on microsoft, but if they opened their eyes and gave live a go they'd see that it truely is a class act and worth £2.50 a month all day long.
I own both consoles and love them both,ps3 is an awesome media centre and useful for the odd exclusive but 360 online is where it's at!!!
Only reason i may consider using my ps3 more online is if all my mates were.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Aug-11 00:41:55
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

That's basically why i get most of my games for the PlayStation as my friend is refusing to pay for the Microsoft service,after some harsh words tonight and the fact i let him try out the xbox 360 experience of a game he spends his whole life on at present [black Ops] I think i have found a believer who now has been converted.wink

There are many things i like regarding the Playstation 3 but it has some serious online flaws and Multi Platform games 9 times out of 10 generally get better xbox 360 reviews for some strange reason,i have heard it a thousand times that the playstation is harder to develop for but basically its technically superior and should at least equal if not better any multi platform games..

Edited by time2die (Wed 10-Aug-11 00:45:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to