Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Aug-11 09:17:27
Print Post

Battlefield Co Op...........Not that exciting is it ?

[link to this post]

Yeah Battlefield has co/op and MW3 does not but watching these 2 dummies playing it did not exactly have me itching for the trigger with anticipation of playing this GAME.

I really hope that both of these games dont fail after all the hype generated and do not turn out like the awefull Body Count which would have been my first purchase of a game for a couple of months untill i played the xbox live demo.............shocked

Tempted to get Deus Ex: Human Revolution next week as the hunger for a new game over the summer months of drought is starting to kick in.

Saying that the second Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Video on the same link of the Caspien border map looks really intense and awesome with so much going on.

Edited by time2die (Thu 18-Aug-11 09:26:18)

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-11 16:05:24
Print Post

Re: Battlefield Co Op...........Not that exciting is it ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It'll be hard for MW3 to fail, since it'll be the same game as the last two. Battlefield, we'll have to wait and see. Obviously the deathmatch and co-op modes have been added to attract the low attention span, casual CoD players but who knows if that'll work out. Console game sales are dying a death, so maybe both will disappoint sales wise. Less likely in MW's case though I'd have thought.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Aug-11 17:22:19
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

Where did that stat come from...............Console games are dying a death wink that's news to me as i would have thought that it was PC games that had that problem because most developers have jumped ship and consoles are there first choice.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Aug-11 17:58:37
Print Post

Its truth, consoles are past the peak of their sales, their growth has slowed drastically, more so in the cases of nintendo. People want new stuff, sure titles sell well, but actual physical units? On the down.

Amazing what you learn on late night BBC financial reports laugh
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-11 17:58:39
Print Post

Yeah, I forget where I've read it. A number of publishers/developers (EA, Epic etc) are shifting back to be more PC focused. I'll see if I can find the stories.

Problem is, while there are one or two franchises on consoles that make money (MW, GoW), the rest are pretty much universally losing it. There are a number of reasons for this but console users are generally uninformed of what's out there, like to stick to what they know (MW a case in point), and a lot buy solely via the second hand market, which makes the industry nothing.

The PC market is making billions via digital distribution, with a lot of more niche titles doing very well, where they'd fail (and have failed) on console. Ofc these sales don't show up in NPD numbers and the like as they don't count digital distribution, which the PC market has largely shifted to.

This is nothing new though. Console sales always go in cycles, with a tail off towards the end of the hardware's useful life. The problem is, the economic climate is such that Sony and Microsoft are reluctant to release new consoles, and want to eke out as much as possible from what they've got, to the detriment of publishers and developers. It will be interesting to see what form the next generation of consoles takes. They're likely to take a leaf out of the PC and mobile market's book and move to DD, and the hardware is unlikely to be as cutting edge as it has been in the past (Sony took a massive hit with Cell for example). We'll see how it plays out. smile
Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Aug-11 19:18:16
Print Post

You kidding? That's exactly the kind of game play that'll make it a roaring success on the PC, not too hard core and not too easy. Let's hope they haven't over stretched themselves by designing too many modes.

The Alpha definitely had potential, if the couple of vids I've seen today are anything to go by, they've got a massive hit on their hands within my group of friends!

Still can't believe the drought of the last couple of months, I guess sales are down during the summer so no one's bothered releasing anything. It's got so bad that I've taken to playing Age of Empires online the last couple of days smile
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-11 20:14:35
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SamsonUK:
It's got so bad that I've taken to playing Age of Empires online the last couple of days smile

You think that's bad? I started playing EVE. blush
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Aug-11 20:24:24
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

Should tuck into some Bastion or SPAZ, frozen synapse, capsized, etc lots of good indie games out there full of quality.
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Thu 18-Aug-11 20:29:22
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Bastion is on my list. Played EYE co-op. Might give the single player on that a go. Terraria just had a big patch released, so could revisit that. Been playing some League of Legends too. It's not like I'm starved at the moment. Indie games are definitely hot right now. laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Aug-11 23:35:51
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Yeah i agree we need next generation consoles next year for sure as they are really showing there age,i really hope we get something really powerful next time so we can give the PC guys a slight run for the money.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to