Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 23-Aug-11 22:53:06
Print Post

Aliens

[link to this post]

Anybody heard anything interesting about this?

http://m.n4g.com/news/829838

I remember playing the fps instalment in the 1990's (on the Sega Saturn IIRC) and loved it. From the look of this trailer I think I could like it again. grin

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Aug-11 23:20:29
Print Post

Re: Aliens

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Whenever there is a game made from a film Franchise then be Afraid be very Afraid as in space everybody gets ripped of.

Apart from Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 most films turned into games turn out to be utter Garbage but sell based on the people that loved the films.

I looked at this a while back and on closer inspection it looks pretty [censored] to me mate with outdated graphics for starters.
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Aug-11 23:20:31
Print Post

Being developed by gearbox, been in development a long time, not much else to be said about it as not much has been released.

I'm quite happy with natural selection 2 for my aliens vs humans fix wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 24-Aug-11 07:44:53
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Whenever there is a game made from a film Franchise then be Afraid be very Afraid as in space everybody gets ripped of.

Apart from Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 most films turned into games turn out to be utter Garbage but sell based on the people that loved the films.

I looked at this a while back and on closer inspection it looks pretty [censored] to me mate with outdated graphics for starters.

I really hope this one gets sorted then because I LOVED the original two Alien Films and that Saturn game really did it justice!

Mind you. I played five minutes of DNF on Sunday at a mates house. He said he dropped it after 40 mins. I didn't last that long. You weren't exaggerating were you!! tongue

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Aug-11 08:56:40
Print Post

Told you that those developers should have been Hung,drawn and Quartered.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 24-Aug-11 20:36:55
Print Post

Damn straight. Gaming fraud I call it. frown

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User omnius
(newbie) Wed 24-Aug-11 21:07:30
Print Post

well i can tell you this, who ever wrote the game never saw the films because unless i have a differant version of them (and i have all 3 versions of all the films on dvd and the new blue-ray ones) the sulaco sent a automated distress call when the fire started (alien3) so they know someone survived and the air proccesor exploded in a very visible way that would have vaporised the whole colony site (bishop said it would rate around seventy or eighty kilotons, dont quite remember which been a while since i last watched it) for miles around (it was clearly visible from the main colony control tower and was a few mins drive in something that looked like you could outrun it.

Still ignoreing that im looking forward to it myself, shame AvP didnt live up to the hype but i still live in hope of a half decent alien game.

oh and for my 2 cents........ alien3 on the amiga1200 was the best so far

---------------------------

Yep i really am THAT thick
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 16:34:19
Print Post

Developed by Gearbox Software..................Need we say more.........Puke Nukem Forever.................Oh My God................What trash they bought upon the gaming world after a decade of production.............mad

I just hope that the developers of Dead Island Have upped there game because Call Of Juarez got some really bad reviews which in itself was developed by Techland.

Edited by time2die (Fri 26-Aug-11 16:37:30)

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 26-Aug-11 17:55:25
Print Post

Gearbox didn't make Duke Nukem Forever. They just pushed it out to get the licence.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Aug-11 18:17:55
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

I beg to DIFFER according to this link 2K games were the publisher and Gearbox Software the developer......................More than likely though it has about 6 other developers over the years.................Anyway the game Stinks and that is a Fact !

Edited by time2die (Fri 26-Aug-11 18:32:21)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to