Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Aug-11 18:08:34
Print Post

Soon the Gaming Drought will be no more ?

[link to this post]

I was going to say its been a hot last few months but this is not exactly correct given the rubbish British weather and seasons that seem no more.

Anyway starting 9th September we now end the summer drought [yeah right] and go into a period were a FLOOD of games will start hitting the market [Pun Intended] wink.

So anyone getting Dead Island a week Friday [i have mentioned it about 20 times] or what about Resistance 3 for the P3 on the same day,Gears of War 3 10 days later and 10 days after that we have the HD remake of 2 classic Playstation 2 games ICO and Shadow of Colossus,if you have never played them then now is the time.

Then come end of October the gaming forums will hopefully come alive with the release of Battlefield 3 v The November release of my personal favourite MW3........Let battle commence smile

There are many games i have not mentioned like Saints Row but that is basically Christmas and its bad enough waiting for the previous two FPS.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Tue 30-Aug-11 22:24:24
Print Post

Re: Soon the Gaming Drought will be no more ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I'll be giving dead island a miss. Doubt it will be much better than dead rising and I think the zombie thing is getting the a*** kicked out of it now to be honest.

Resistance 3 is on it's way and I pre ordered BF3 Limited edition at the same time for 36 quid. MW3 is on at 45 quid so I will go to asda on the day. Bring on them bomb dogs! tongue

Been thinking about shadow of the colussus as i never played the original.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Edited by mrnelster (Tue 30-Aug-11 22:28:44)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 00:34:04
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Not only do you get a HD remake of shadow of the colussus you also get the developers first game ICO................

If you like adventure games and giant Guardians then shadow of the colossus for you is a must have ,i would actually say it would be contender for best game on the Playstation 2....................Well worth the investment mate and its something i will revisit for sure.wink.

And on a Resistance note...............It better be good as i will be coming for you MW3 style if its not my friend..................With your raving about it and the few videos i have seen i will take a chance on it........smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 00:36:45
Print Post

Dead Rising was comical and pretty rubbish matey.Dead Island looks like it has a lot more atmosphere and a hell of a lot of Blood and Gore...........Which gamers like me adore.

As long as it lives up to some of the videos i will be happy and contented for a while until Mr FPS arrives November..................Or even may be surprised by Battlefield October.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 31-Aug-11 07:59:49
Print Post

And on a Resistance note...............It better be good as i will be coming for you MW3 style if its not my friend..................

Bring it on! But if I'm gonna go, it had better be big time. I'm thinking chopper gunner styley, lol!

We will have to get on the co-op campaign together mate. It will be worth it just for that in my opinion. Not sure about the MP because I never liked being the chimaren. Plus if the net code is anything like black ops you will be able to beat me to death with a toothbrush. frown

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 31-Aug-11 08:06:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Dead Rising was comical and pretty rubbish matey.Dead Island looks like it has a lot more atmosphere and a hell of a lot of Blood and Gore...........Which gamers like me adore.

As long as it lives up to some of the videos i will be happy and contented for a while until Mr FPS arrives November..................Or even may be surprised by Battlefield October.

Just not feeling the love to be honest and I think this is one of those games that will be difficult to want to complete let alone play through again.

There are so many games coming I want this autumn that dead island doesn't get on the list I'm afraid.

Ico/shadow is up there though. I think it is something my eldest daughter would enjoy too (from the limited previews I've seen). I think I will look for some more video reviews. Especially if you rated the original so highly. smile

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 09:12:14
Print Post

After Black Ops matey i have decided that future Multi platform games for me will be on the 360,so im right in my thinking that you are a Playstation 3 person then its unlikely our paths will cross wink

Unless you go out and invest in a 360 like i have convinced my mate to do finally and he is amazed at how fluid Black Ops plays compared to the P3.

Actually that is a slight lie as i have heard that the Playstation version of Battlefield is looking really cool with the strange thing been EA and Dice not showing any footage of the 360 game.................Very Strange..............You and me both know that any footage regarding potential blockbuster type games are always shown on a 360 with no sign of Playstation......So with that in mind i have cancelled the 360 order in favour of the Playstation 3 this time for this particular game..............It may change if i read and see any difference in the next few weeks or so.

Edited by time2die (Wed 31-Aug-11 09:18:01)

Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Wed 31-Aug-11 09:12:32
Print Post

Fans of Angry Birds, and Angry Birds Rio will be pleasantly surprised at the smashing new levels that have been added.

Good fun-filled games.. wink

_
Using this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -

grin
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 09:21:33
Print Post

[re: Guest_Again] [link to this post]

Angry birds is my favourite Ipad game wink but Guesty what has that got to do with the thread.....................I'm sure you are on another planet my friend at times wink.

Saying that its great reading some of your stuff when i have a interpreter round to understand it.................smile
Standard User Guest_Again
(legend) Wed 31-Aug-11 12:06:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Angry birds is my favourite Ipad game wink but Guesty what has that got to do with the thread.....................I'm sure you are on another planet my friend at times wink.

Saying that its great reading some of your stuff when i have a interpreter round to understand it.................smile
Forsooth, that thou words you spake may they may be truth [to an extent], tho art thine said purveyor of much ridicule yo'sel', mo'fo'?

As you can hopefully now see (possiblytongue) that I reside on THIS planet (Earth, do you know it on Ice-World-Forum.-T2D (Consoles preferable)).

*Pssst: Glad to see that you managed to sort out your iTunes issue in the Apple forum. Gee, it was swell seeing you replying to me there. WOW! blush

Back on topic. Game ON. grin

_
Using this (XP Pro & Win7), and a MacBook Pro (OS X)

FREE & Easy Tweaks for WHATEVER Your Speed - CLICK HERE!

Use DrTCP & DMT + settings

Link 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 -

grin
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to