Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 16:56:01
Print Post

Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta.....Initial Thoughts ?

[link to this post]

Anyone that was duped into buying Playstation Plus [me the idiot] mad can download the beta which is on the store.

Now don't get expecting MW3 or Battlefields as its very comical to be honest and i can not see much in the way of me spending hours with this.

Lets say its ok until one of the above comes around and then it will get lost in transit,only spent 30 minutes playing it and quickly returned to MW2 .

Sorry its not better news Mrnelster but you may see the game in a different light to me and enjoy the experience,as for me i dont get the Resistance fan base to be perfectly honest and to me its like playing a slightly grown up version of Ratchet and Clank.............Same developers who are trying very hard to get into the FPS market but still have to many comical elements from there biggest game to date.

Not exactly a must buy from the little i have played and lets be honest most people will buy games for online as opposed single player.

Yes its a Beta Build but we all know that very little changes even with a Beta,gameplay will remain the same and apart from a few glitches it is what it is and i dare say it will get favourable reviews next week when its released.

UPDATE.............

Check out the Multiplayer Beta Mrnelster as its on the store and not exclusive to Playstation Plus subscribers as of today..................mad Another reason not to pay £35 a year subscription as its total garbage and you get very little in the way of exclusive content like betas to often and money of games i was playing 15 years ago.

I mean why move onto next generation consoles if all they give us is old playstation 1 games and downloadable trash most of the time.

Edited by time2die (Wed 31-Aug-11 17:08:26)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 31-Aug-11 20:44:33
Print Post

Re: Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta.....Initial Thoughts ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Hey listen. If you not over impressed cancel your pre order! Save your dough for the big hitters that are coming. I have downloaded the Beta and had a look around the maps in a private set up. And I can already say I hate the run animation where it "zooms" in and out. I haven't tried the MP yet and will probably like the maps more than the gameplay.

But I know I will enjoy the single player and online campaign co-op mode with a buddy so I will get it for that at least. If I do end up hating the MP I'll trade it before BF3 arrives. smile

Really disappointed in that run/zoom thing though. Didn't see the point of it in Gears either to be honest.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 31-Aug-11 21:02:02
Print Post

Anyone that was duped into buying Playstation Plus [me the idiot] can download the beta which is on the store.

Some of my friends opted in when there free period ended after the hack. Can't for the life of me understand why. What's the live network like for free content/Beta's mate?

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 31-Aug-11 22:46:00
Print Post

Only managed one short game so far. Servers went down now I can't join a lobby and nobody will join mine (or wait long enough for the lobby to populate).

Not a good beta so far. frown

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Aug-11 23:55:14
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I will try it some more may be before i make the final decision,to be honest its released the same day as that game you are not keen on Dead Island so i know what i will be playing anyway and thats Dead Island..................We will see matey,its not on Pre/Order anyway its something i would have picked up on my travels.

30 minutes playtime is not really enough for me to make a decision but with me if i'm not impressed within minutes i tend to not like the game wink.

Might be worth buying for the single player and Co/op so i will reserve final judgement and see what the reviews have to say next week or this weekend.

Would have loved to come on here and say it blew me away and its far better than i expected.....................But for me it ain't.............

And you and me both now the kings of FPS are hovering on the Horizon and most games like this will be gathering dust and long forgotten.

Edited by time2die (Wed 31-Aug-11 23:59:25)

Print Thread

Jump to