Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Sep-11 19:25:20
Print Post

Headset for ventrilo

[link to this post]

Been trying to get my bluetooth headset working on windows 7 but having no joy. Anyone here use one? They are quite old headsets so maybe its an issue with that. Not really wanting an expensive all singing all dancing just enough to talk and to here chat.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Sep-11 20:23:41
Print Post

Re: Headset for ventrilo

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Does your bluetooth adapter/windows pick the headset up? Usually you have to pair stuff up. Personally i use mumble, and that can go funny if you dont set a mic as your default via windows sound manager too.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Sep-11 21:21:15
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

It gets picked up but unable to connect, I would of thought it would come up asking for a passkey but don`t even get that. I`m certain I had it working before but that was on Vista and not 64bit.

Regards

MrG

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Sep-11 15:56:22
Print Post

Ok got to the bottom of this but not straight forward. I bought another dongle just to try and it paired with the headset no probs. However...... I had to go download drivers from Broadcom rather than the windows default to get the headset fully working, independently of my PC speakers in Ventrilo. Oh and one other caveat, when the PC goes to sleep it loses connectivity and have to do a bit of jiggery pokery to get it working again. Shall have to see if i can get to the root cause of that!! smile

Regards

MrG

Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Sep-11 18:01:47
Print Post

Yeah i hate some bluetooth manufacturers, they all technically use the same stack however different stacks have different functionality enabled, at least you didnt need bluesoliel wink

I'm glad the one i ordered from dealextreme works fine using the windows 7 stack and i only paid a quid for it at the time.
  Print Thread

Jump to