Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Sep-11 14:03:33
Print Post

A good Take on MW3 from Now Gamer Website

[link to this post]

POSITIVE NEWS INDEED wink
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 03-Sep-11 18:21:52
Print Post

Re: A good Take on MW3 from Now Gamer Website

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
POSITIVE NEWS INDEED wink

Very positive. Back too the good old days! wink

That said I will still probably get spanked by the compensation code. I am waiting for interleaving controls to become available to my ISP (Aquiss) to see if that can help increase my ping a little. Don't hold out too much hope to be honest but we will see.

And tonight I'm off to a mates house, because on his connection I can actually win games! A little fix of Gun Game tonight me thinks. grin

I wonder if that will carry over to MW3 from black ops?

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 00:52:25
Print Post

Positive news would be that its the last CoD every and activision are [censored] off wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Sep-11 01:16:32
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Tell that to the masses come November 8th....wink ..

Some love em and some hate em and thats the way it works.................
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 01:42:44
Print Post

I would love to but im not a farmer/shepard so i cant speak sheep ;D
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Sep-11 04:06:26
Print Post

tongue
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 07:45:08
Print Post

It amazes me that the COD series is so hated but still smashes sales records every realise .

But hang on , the hating of success is not something new and is in its self sheep behaviour wink

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 08:14:11
Print Post

Its not exactly a video of multi player and im not ( to be honest ) impressed by what im seeing , graphics wise but im encouraged by what there saying about how there balancing the game and gun on gun is what i personally would like to see from the next instalment .
The kill streaks have got out of control and need dumbing down but gun balance will be the biggest issue , lets hope they get that right .

Personally my money is still on BF3 , im desperately trying to raise enough cash to build a PC gamer but with Christmas closing in very fast , its doubtful my PC gamer over the kids new smart phones , is going to win .

So for me at least MW3 for Xbox and BF3 for PS3 , especially as Dice have said DLC for BF3 will be a timed exclusive on PS3 . and maybe early next year i might be returning to the mouse and keyboard , once i have convinced the family a new family computer is what needed , that's not actually going to be a family computer . Hmm i got my work cut out .

Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 10:23:15
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I hate CoD on its lack of skill and its constant reskinning, its "popularity" is a side effect of the former and constantly works to its detriment so no sheep here, all wolf wink
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 11:14:34
Print Post

I'm a team player , so no lone wolf , i do run in a pack and not in a flock but like to keep a open mind and be playing on the best platform for the game im playing .

COD seem best suited and supported over xbox so i understand when PC and PS3 gamers look at the COD titles with less than favourable experience .

Why would a developer change i winning formula ? it sells bucket loads and grosses loads of dollar and has a dedicated fan base that cough up , for over priced DLC .

Its successful because it works and no other reason , well apart from the unrelenting hype maybe .

Im down for BF3 and MW3 but the respective platforms i will be playing on will differ , i wont pin my colours to any one platform or game type , all have positives and negatives , its having a clear enough mind set to be able to pick what's best for you and your enjoyment and i still very much enjoy a run out in COD just as i have enjoyed playing BC2 Vietnam this week end .

I have identified that BF3 is going to support PC gamers more so than any large realise for quite a while and i do indeed want some of that action. Bigger maps more player and proper support , its just a shame PC gaming is so expensive and will always remain the preserve of a minority ( that i do want to be part of ) . But being a parent and the fact most of my flash cash has been sucked up by the ever increasing cost of living its going to be a while before i return to my original stomping ground , if at all .

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to