Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Sep-11 17:35:27
Print Post

Dead Island..........IGN review

[link to this post]

Game gets a 8/10 even though it has some flaws they seemed to enjoy it a lot even after 20 hours play which for me is music to my Ears wink

Edited by time2die (Sun 04-Sep-11 17:36:51)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sun 04-Sep-11 19:22:53
Print Post

Re: Dead Island..........IGN review

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Looks like fun, but I think I would soon get bored. I might pick it up somewhere down the line if only for the 4 way co op, assuming you actually give it a good review that is.

Don't want to waste my own money after all. tongue

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Sep-11 20:13:57
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

From the looks of it you need to view the game as if you were looking at borderlands IMO, it looks kinda similar except the outside gameplay is different, seems similar concepts and such.

I wasnt impressed with IGN's review though, i get the feeling they arent telling the full story about how the game is (gameplay etc) and its flaws, Guesty would be disappointed wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Sep-11 00:00:52
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Falcon i thought i was number one Critic on here wink are you after my crown or what ? tongue
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Sep-11 07:41:59
Print Post

lol, nah you can keep the crown, i'm just poking the IGN review for some proper info wink

2 more reviews appeared, 1 from a PS3 italy place they give it 80 or 85 i forget and the other place was a czech place and give it 80, seems like 60 to <90 will probably be the bracket for the game (i'm pre-empting the inevitable no mark places that will have a whine about pop in and stuff).

So from the looks of it no means bad, best played in coop, otherwise enjoyable. Numerous places citing its like fallout 3 meets l4d. Personally I would have gone for dead rising 2 + l4d + borderlands
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Sep-11 08:19:58
Print Post

Most games i buy are bought with many reviews in mind so i do hope that it gets more positive reviews than negativewink
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Sep-11 08:50:05
Print Post

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-dead-island...

Another 8.5, loses points for story (do we really care? its not mass effect or deus ex) and a few bugs no mention of pop in textures but otherwise solid.

Seems like this might be a good purchase after all assuming you can occasionally pull in abit of company to help out with zombie killing and some light conversation.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Sep-11 18:29:59
Print Post

Im looking forward to it Falcon and so far reviews have been pretty favourable so i am sold and pre/order has not been cancelled.

One thing i do hope they do with the future download content would be to give you a lot more guns and unlimited ammo..................That would be great ?

Would be a nice surprise if something like this was unlocked when the game gets completed.

imagine how much fun it would be just using some high powered guns,I know it's suppose to be up close and personal but I think it would be great to play through the game again fully loaded

Edited by time2die (Mon 05-Sep-11 19:52:14)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 14:02:36
Print Post

Edge Review Dead Island and its a Shock Score ?

Well may be its not Because Edge are seriously loosing a lot of cred in my books,lowest score i have seen so far is a 7 from Euro gamer which are another site known for average scores,but edge have actually given Dead Island a 3/10.tongue

Resistance 3 mrnelster on the other hand is getting some really high scores across the board and if Edge has any credibility left and if what they say is true i may be spending a lot more time with Resistance than Dead Island.

Edited by time2die (Tue 06-Sep-11 14:07:32)

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 23:59:03
Print Post

Re: Edge Review Dead Island and its a Shock Score ?

Did you get a chance to read the reason/s behind the low score?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to