Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 00:02:45
Print Post

I just bought a IMAC.......?

[link to this post]

Been looking at them for a few years now and i finally decided i wanted one,got the IMAC 27 inch one.

Now i am going to get slaughtered by Guesty and Falcon for in there wisdom they are going to tell me for that sort of money i could have bought a really tasty Fast Gaming PC..................wink..............Lads i don't care i'm done with PC gaming,to long in the tooth to be bothered.

My gaming needs come via my Xbox and Playstation 3 but i do have a question ?

Do they still do games for a MAC as i don't tend to see many.and will the MAC get a version of Battlefields because even though its not a super duper fast PC its a lot faster than what i have built by Scan 3 years ago.

I love gizmo and Gadgets and you have to admit they do look tasty and nice and sleek.tongue.

So at some point tomorroe i will wipe this PC clean and stick it on ebay and then set up the IMAC wink.

I am then going to abandon you all and spend all my time in the Apple forums [cheers all round i hear and screams of thank god ] tongue................Only kidding i will be as active on here as always..........

Edited by time2die (Tue 06-Sep-11 00:08:55)

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 00:23:57
Print Post

Re: I just bought a IMAC.......?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

STOP BRAGGING! NOW COME IDLE TF2 WITH ME!

You've got a shiny new mac to come play *some* Steam games. laugh
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 00:30:59
Print Post

Can't say about hardware, i can say you pretty much just bought a PC though except paid more for it wink Macs these days are intel processors, graphics card depends on your unit but i think it will probably be a nvidia, so its just matter of finding which one and from there it should be fairly self explainatory.

As for gaming on a mac you want steam, they have quite a lot of games for macs as long as the game is marked with STEAMPLAY, that means if you buy the game you get the mac/windows version both together so if you log in on a windows setup you can just download the game and go.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/

A lot of indie games but most of which are quality games, you also have bigger titles like Civ5 which is a massive time sink of a game (in a good way). theres also free to play games like tf2, if you already have an old steam account you can just log in with that.

I havent seen any announcement about BF3 for mac, its possible later down the line though, seems to be a fairly new trend emerging.

You can always look into putting windows on it via bootcamp or something too i guess.

Just a note if you are going to wipe your pc down use some secure wiping software like dban, that way some scrote cant just buy your pc and recover all the information you think you cleaned off wink or just remove the harddrive and sell it without, all good smile

Edited by FireFalcon (Tue 06-Sep-11 00:34:33)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Tue 06-Sep-11 00:49:12
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FireFalcon:
...you also have bigger titles like Civ5 which is a massive time sink of a game (in a good way)....

You're seriously suggesting Civ to time2die? blush
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 01:37:26
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Dice wouldn't know what OpenGL is if it hit them on the head a few hundred times, so no chance for BF3 on Mac.
Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 08:20:24
Print Post

Just skip OSX and install Windows 7 on it, best of both worlds, nice looking rig, good screen and a decent OS.

We've got some at work, really tried to get on with OSX but it's just the clunkiest, ugliest OS if you want to do any more than surf and check email.

Throw the magic mouse away as well, awful bit of hardware.

I hope you never complain about upgrading, because about all you can do without voiding warranty is upgrade the (REALLY expensive) RAM. Even if you do decide to void the warranty, good luck getting it apart, you'll need a plunger! smile

Seriously, you console gamers tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 08:42:01
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Might just do that matey when i have set it up.................Thanks Falcon for the tips about cleaning the hard drive because that was one of the firts things i was going to do this morning..I have the Vista Disk so can i do it that way.

This Dban is it free software or what >

Edited by time2die (Tue 06-Sep-11 08:42:29)

Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 10:01:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I have the Vista Disk so can i do it that way.

No, that will leave all your data (well most) on the drive even with a format.

You need to securely wipe the drive if you are selling it on, unless you are absolutely not bothered by any data currently on the drive being retrieved by a stranger.

DBAN is free and easy, takes a while though, several hours depending on the hard drive size.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 10:09:28
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

Cheers Samson i will download this Dban then wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 17:04:14
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by e102gamma:
In reply to a post by FireFalcon:
...you also have bigger titles like Civ5 which is a massive time sink of a game (in a good way)....

You're seriously suggesting Civ to time2die? blush

Yeah obviously he dont know me to well..........Ive already thrown the towel in regards the new Deux Game wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to