Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-11 08:58:36
Print Post

Gametrailers Resistance 3 Review.......

[link to this post]

Getting solid reviews all round but not the leap most expected...........

GAMETRAILER REVIEW wink

METACRITIC SO FAR

Edited by time2die (Tue 06-Sep-11 09:25:59)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 08-Sep-11 08:15:09
Print Post

Re: Gametrailers Resistance 3 Review.......

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

9/10

http://ps3.mmgn.com/Reviews/Resistance-3-Review

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Sep-11 23:19:30
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8NhxD0-Ek&feature=s...

Hehe thank god you only have to do that once eh? ;D

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 09-Sep-11 01:29:49
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

That's exactly what it was like. But it made me download the 676MB again when I signed into MP?!!?!??

Crazy.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Edited by mrnelster (Fri 09-Sep-11 01:51:06)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Fri 09-Sep-11 01:49:06
Print Post

Mrnelster's review:

1. Cut scene character animations are poor compared to what we are now used to. Gangly arms and legs Dead Island style.
2. Ladder climbing animation. Appalling, PS one style.
3. Acting, meh.
4. Grahpics, like the environments/layout, reasonable amount of detail, graphics nowhere near as polished as expected but not bad by any means.
5. Lack of aim assist, excellent.
6. Lack of health regen, excellent.
7. Weapon balance, perfect for this game.
8. Hecticness, brilliant.
9. Music is really good, especially in the dark scary bits!
10. Gameplay is excellent.

Loads of aliens of different types. Challenging but not stupidly difficult. Some really nice set piece battles and I'm only a couple of levels in.

State of the art it ain't. But it is a good fun shooter if you want hectic battles and will be great in online campaign co op. MP however looks inferior graphically, and suffers the dreaded lag compensation code aswell.

For single player though, I'm loving it.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Sep-11 10:44:06
Print Post

Sort of a mixed bag then matey wink,not sure after reading that if its best i leave the wrapper on the game and take it back and exchange it four something like Gears Of War 3 or something.

I know you like the games more than me and i can not help feeling that i will pick many more flaws in the game than you after reading your thoughts and opinions.

Been watching the MW3 clips and various other news and there is one thing that keeps coming back to me is the speed of the game,i love a fast ,frantic FPS but it seems extremely fast in movement and in some cases looks like its been speeded up........What do you think?

Don't get me wrong I'm still extremely excited about this and Battlefield but it does look a little strange.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sun 11-Sep-11 13:58:49
Print Post

If I were you mate I'd leave the wrapper on!

It's either your bag or it isn't. I loved R1 (warts and all) and did not like R2. I really like R3, but I think you have to want to like it first. If you didn't like the first two then you will always be comparing it to COD etc. If you're not sure on the weapons and gameplay, it could be 1080 and 60fps and you would still be disappointed. I really like the range and number of weapons you have at your disposal, but I think you prefer "real life" weapons. And there are not too many of those!

As for MW3 I'm still really up for it. My connection means it wil never be much cop, whether sped up too fast, too slow or somewhere in the middle. BF3 is what I am looking forward to most now for MP (fingers crossed).

But for Spec. Ops, private matches etc. It will be MW3 all the way. And as they've added gungame and other formats to private matches it should be an even bigger blast than before (could never understand why Treyarch have only free for all and team deathmatch?).

It doesnt bother me what other people think mate, as long as they don't expect me to follow. If I like it, I like it. End of. And like you've said in the past, some of the detractors will still play it from day one aswell.

And I think you know you will love every minute of it. Keep the faith man ! cool

And where are you now at with Dead Island? Sounds like you've had a bit if fun but will it live past October? I'm not sure I will even bother with the bargain bins when it gets there. For now I have R3, and then it will be MW3 and BF3 all the way. I doubt there will be anything on my radar then until after Xmas. Maybe Saints row the third, but I am thinking about Bioshock as well. In fact I'm starting to think I've got an episode three thing going on! tongue

You? smile

Edit: post me a link of the one you think looks very fast (preferably on the iPhone mate, I'm out all day today wink)

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Edited by mrnelster (Sun 11-Sep-11 14:02:03)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Sep-11 17:23:59
Print Post

I can not do that matey its a new game and i know that i will like some of it and might even like it even more than you tongue

Dead Island is one of those type of games when you can spend a couple of hours playing only to find you have only completed a couple of quests as its pretty deep and there is much travelling around zombie bashing.

You know i have a iMac now and I'm getting used to this system as its completely different to windows ,so even basic things like copying and pasting links has me confused right now.

There is no right click here on this magic mouse and copy then paste,of course there are ways to do it but there is much to learn regarding this o/s.

Im going to try and leave Dead Island alone later and i will give Resistance a go just so i can come on here and rain abuse at you laugh and telling myself that i knew in my own heart of hearts i should have not bought it.

Played 30 minutes of the beta online and it was shall i say ok ! seems way to comical for me to take it to serious but i intend on giving it a good bash online.wink

Anyway on a more serious note.........Respect and piece to all those that died and families left behind by the tragedy that unfolded 10 years ago today........9/11 RIP. shocked
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sun 11-Sep-11 22:11:27
Print Post

Anyway on a more serious note.........Respect and piece to all those that died and families left behind by the tragedy that unfolded 10 years ago today........9/11 RIP.

With you there mate. Doesn't seem so long ago does it?

As for Resistance 3, I knew you wouldn't be able to send it back without trying it! wink

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:49:55
Print Post

The game bored me that much that i went up to blockbusters this morning and traded it in against Gears Of War 3 next Tuesday as i hate buying games that i dislike so much.

Just the thought of this game in my collection made me mad and i really need to learn and go with my Instincts in future and stop wasting money on games that i know I'm going to moan about based on the previous Resistance games.

I now my Matey mrnelster likes the games and i appreciate that we all like different things,but i bet if he were totally honest it did not live up to his expectations either.

I know for one i will enjoy Gears Of War 3 because the first 2 games were brilliant wink and lets hope it has a horde or survival mode included.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to