Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 12:16:10
Print Post

Dead Island has landed!

[link to this post]

Well me and my housemate got our copies of Dead Island in the post today from shopto.net (on T2D's advice, they are awesome lol) but unfortunately I am out most the evening this evening so I won't be able to get my teeth into it until tomorrow! Tried to register the DLC on the xbox.com site but it didn't like it, I wonder if it's not activated until Friday? I would assume so...

Just thought I would open a new thread for people to post their thoughts on the game, I am sure I will put a full review up tomorrow night at some point! Who am I kidding, I will probably still get back late tonight and play it until the wee hours of the morning! wink

Jaxx

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Wed 07-Sep-11 12:38:57
Print Post

Re: Dead Island has landed!

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Looks like the code won't work until Friday, called ShopTo and they confirmed.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-11 14:38:37
Print Post

Don't make me Jealous matey wink i got home to find a royal mail card with a failed delivery on it.............I know what your thinking ? but i do not have a signature required for Shopto.net deliverys.............Now i realise what happens as it comes bundled with a free tea shirt and the post man could not get it through the letterbox.

Another thing i hate about Royal mail is there collection depot times 8am till 1pm.....So now its after 2 pm and i can not collect it even though they answer the phones.

My postie does not come till after 1pm even on a good day so that collection service and times is severely flawed.mad

Anyway now to wipe this PC and move onto my Imac............see you guys in a few days......smile

Hey and take a look at THIS...........Suppose if you dont really play in third person animations then developers dont really care how it looks.............And it looks pretty dam pathetic if you ask me smile.

Apparently according to a lot of N4G forum posts they generally look like this .......

Posted by a N4G member.....................

They are funny but it's completely normal for an FPS, The animations are only like that so it looks right when your in the First-person view. Look at Mirrors edge in third person, it's the same XD

Edited by time2die (Wed 07-Sep-11 16:56:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-11 16:45:34
Print Post

You should get prompted to Patch the Game wink But im so happy that you may not be able to play it this evening as your out ...Makes me feel a whole lot better.tongue
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 18:00:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Code for which btw? If its the bloodbath dlc its not out until next month or something wink
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Wed 07-Sep-11 19:20:27
Print Post

Apparently according to a lot of N4G forum posts they generally look like this .......

[censored]?? You can keep that!

What has it got to do with the FPS view? Sounds like lazy developing again.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 19:48:13
Print Post

I'm sorry but why should developers spend time and money on 3rd person animations for a first person game? Any first person game you force into 3rd WILL look spazzy unless it has a dedicated third person option.

Its not the way the game was meant to be played and if it wasnt for the dev command/build appearing it would never be seen? To expect them to be looking good is pathetic regardless of what game it is.
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 08-Sep-11 00:24:38
Print Post

Re: Dead Island has landed badly on the PC.....

Indefensible really. Say no more. frown

http://segmentnext.com/2011/09/06/dead-island-crashe...

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Sep-11 06:27:16
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

You're a bit late wink but useful link i guess as it rounds up some fixes.

They [i assume deep silver] shipped the entire wrong build wink, its been sorted for euro release apparently though but theyre doing some form of "compensation" for it.

Assuming the audio issues are still present in the proper final build they could be solved by editting a config file from its default to openal, that solved it for people using the dev build (as said in the link).

TBH i havent heard of anyone crashing from my us friends or anything like that however if there is one thing that concerns me its the FOV, its apparently 55-60, depending how it might limit how much at a time i can play it, narrow FOV isn't good, im used to FOV's of 80-95, it makes a massive difference
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Thu 08-Sep-11 08:07:46
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

They [i assume deep silver] shipped the entire wrong build wink.....

That's the indefensible bit. Either gross stupidity or blatantly a lie.

It's not the end of the world, but admitting it, fixing it, and then moving on would do their reputation a lot less harm. Though I doubt they have the biggest reputation to uphold anyway.

Let's hope the compo is worthwhile having.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to