Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Mon 12-Sep-11 16:54:33
Print Post

ARMA 2

[link to this post]

Helllooooo

If anyone is able to help with this issue :-

I have recently got a new military sim called ARMA2.... this is a great game though flawed in numerous ways.... (no time to discuss all these!)

Anyways, my problem is that I have joined a clan to play online with, and although I can play on several UK based servers with no problems at all, I am unable to join my Clan server, as I keep getting kicked for "Signature check timed out", which I am reliably informed is due to server desync, meaning that the server does not get a response from my pc quickly enough for it to allow access.

I couldnt join the clan servers even when they were empty (with a ping of 60ms)... but could join other servers even when nearly full (with much higher pings).

I tried disabling firewalls, port forwarding, standalone, NATs on/off, remote, reinstalled everything again and again, etc etc etc.

Discovered in the end, that it was my router (Netgear DG834G v4 with latest firmware) that stopped me getting into my clan server.... but it would let me join other servers.

I now use another router, with default settings (BT Home Hub 2)... and i can play on the clan server with no problems. I have had several discussions with the clan server admin, but we cant work it out!!

I prefer to use my Netgear router as I get MUCH better download connection (4.5mb rather than my BT router 1.5mb, this is a long story and subject of a previous post).

If you could explain this I would be extremely grateful. OR even give me an idea what to look for??????
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Sep-11 17:59:47
Print Post

Re: ARMA 2

[re: Andoids] [link to this post]

Sounds like you need to setup port forwarding rules on your router to your PC. ff the top of my head I don't know how to do it on your router, but I'm sure there are many guides around the net that show you what to do.
Games often require several ports to be open so just dorwarding one is not good enough. If the game supports uPnP and so does the router, you could try running it through that as that should automatically open up the ports you need.

Alternatively, if you are on a wired connection to your router, you could setup a DMZ to your PC, but this is not recommended as all ports will be open to your PC then.

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Mon 12-Sep-11 19:43:11
Print Post

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

Hmm thanks, but have already forwarded ports....

What i cant understand is why I can connect to some servers easily and not others??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MiGLancer
(newbie) Tue 13-Sep-11 14:33:04
Print Post

I strongly suggest logging into the Bohemia Interactive forum board. You are very likely to get help and advice straight form the developers.

I would be interested in trying that server - you could PM the details of the server... If you want.

If you have ARMA 2 boxed and unpatched, then I would strongly suggest you get the latest updates.

Out of the box, ARMA2 has a lot of bugs...

Another thing - check that you have the add-ons required by the server and load them with ARMA2. even if you have them, but are not loaded, the connection will not work. You load them by adding commands to the shortcut target. The forums describe how this is done - I cannot remember atm...

ARMA2 + addons is the best military sim out there. The support form the community and the developer is outstanding.

Edited by MiGLancer (Tue 13-Sep-11 16:34:33)

Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Tue 13-Sep-11 16:57:24
Print Post

[re: MiGLancer] [link to this post]

Miglancer... thanks for this....
Perhaps I should've said that I can use ARMA2 on several servers using SixUpdater which is a 3rd party program that collects and automatically updates your ARMA 2 mods for you, prior to joining a server. "Simples!"!

It is just my Clan server that I cant get onto with....which is vanilla (!!!) ..... I have contacted the clan server admin on numerous occassions to discuss the problem and we are both stumped.... hence why I thought of asking broadband/router experts here.

PS I have already been through the BI forums.... but the problem seems to be with my router DG834G rather than the game itself.... at least, the only similar post I found discussed updating Router firmware... which was the first thing I did.

PPS... "ARMA 2 Project Reality" is absolutely F***ing brilliant..... well worth all the ARMA2 hassles.
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-11 09:52:21
Print Post

have you tried custom firmware for your router? i have a 834gt and never have problems connecting to servers. which pr server do you play on? i am a member of kellys hero's and the clan host a 64 player server, pr is ok as a mod its biggest selling point is atm it fills servers where a server running co-op ace2 is usually empty

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Edited by tetsuo (Wed 14-Sep-11 09:52:46)

Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Fri 16-Sep-11 08:46:14
Print Post

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

tetsu.... I am with [RIP].... but I can connect to the Kellys Heros server no problems.... In fact I have been playing PR pretty much solely on Kellys heros.... and really enjoying it (a lot of russians... makes for difficult comms??). I hope with next release of ARMAOA 1.6 the lagging issues will be sorted (apparently true).
FYI... Made a table of the servers i can and cant connect to, there seems to be no pattern that i can see..... must be my router glitching somehow...

Kellys Heroes 78.129.202.206:2302 good
AEF BigD 202.62.147.22:2302 good
Alpha Networks 31.132.1.250:2302 good
Tactical Gamer SRV1 174.123.97.138:2343 good
RIP: 31.132.2.94:2322 hangs at lobby
1st Recon Battalion 176.9.8.208:2302 hangs at lobby
TV2-3 77.75.212.187:2312 hangs at lobby
DAO 46.4.89.98:2800 hangs at lobby

Hangs at lobby entails a variety of error message (Bad CD key, hangs at lobby, hangs at map, crashes to desktop, kicked from server(only if i get in first)).
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Sep-11 15:30:18
Print Post

have you updated battleeye and made sure its running as admin?you should have a look at the rpt file in your userprofile directory, it will be full of junk if you play a lot but try connecting to a server that doesntwork for you first and see if there are any obvious errors

sometimes you get a bad cdkey message if you run multiple instances of arma2 by accident or try reconnecting to a server to quickly

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Edited by tetsuo (Fri 16-Sep-11 15:36:49)

Print Thread

Jump to