Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Sep-11 16:56:00
Print Post

Interesting Interview regarding MW3

[link to this post]

Anyone that is looking forward to the new MW3 game read HERE.smile

Edited by time2die (Tue 13-Sep-11 16:56:51)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-11 18:16:57
Print Post

Re: Interesting Interview regarding MW3

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Again there are positives in there , i was impressed by the fact Infinity ward have taken on board what Treyarch have done to combat cheating but was not impressed by what a very lucky friend that went to the CODxp event said about the multi player score boards have taken a step backwards and only showing KD for games such as capture the flag and headquarters and not showing who captured what ..
I'm a objective player and play the objectives and it was nice to see who actually won the game for the team .

hopefully Infinity Ward have also learnt to listen to the community and this can be patched at a later date .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-11 21:17:15
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

It's simple, simply allocate points for doing team objectives, and here's the best bit: no points for frags. Sort scoreboard by points and that should solve everything. smile

The system should balance itself out neatly, those who care about points will do that just that, score as much points as they can, those that only care about k/d will then counter balance those that only go for points and then pretty much both sides will be shooting at each other and trying to get objectives done.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Sep-11 22:44:08
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Sorry i don't agree , Black Ops at the end of the game you can see who has played the game as it should be played with captures and defends listed with kills and deaths in objective based games .

Just having KD listed with points does not show what you have been doing during the game or more importantly , what your team mates have been doing or not , as the case maybe .

Its a steep backwards and the ones lucky enough to of played the game agree the lobby leader boards suck compared to Black Ops .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 15-Sep-11 10:08:44
Print Post

Hmmm I hope that's not the case, like you say sometimes your friends may have low KD ratios and you think [censored] have you been doing all game?! But then you see they captured most the HQ's / domination flags and you're cool again smile

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Sep-11 12:14:38
Print Post

The end of play stats, in Black Ops are about right level of detail.

On objective stuff, I go for the objective ruthlessly, and will attempt to defend it, or protect someone else going for it. Best win streak is 18 I think, and some of those were hard work, suggesting relatively balanced teams.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 15-Sep-11 12:41:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yea that's what it's all about, plus you rack up a load of points for defense and offense kills whne the enemy is on it smile

Print Thread

Jump to