Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Sep-11 17:26:55
Print Post

How to empty a gamers wallet quicker than the Mrs

[link to this post]

Every year is the same nothing of interest summer and then they all start to churn out masses of game releases........I have mentioned this before i know but take a look at a paragraph from a site regarding game releases over the next month or so.

Its the American release schedule so we get them a few days later in the UK on a Friday as opposed to Tuesday and Thursday when they have there releases.

August 30th: Madden 12 $60

One week later, September 6th: Dead Island, Warhammer Space Marine, Driver: San Fran, Resistance 3 $240

(Three Days Later, September 9th, Star Fox 3D, $40)

One week later, September 13th, NHL í12 $60

One week later, September 20th, Gears of War 3 $60

One week later, September 27th, FIFA 12 $60

One week later, October 4th, RAGE, $60

One week later, October 11th, Forza Motorsport 4, $60

One week later, October 18th, Batman Arkham City, $60

One week later, October 25th, Battlefield 3, $60

One week later, November 1st, Uncharted 3, $60

One week later, November 8th, Modern Warfare 3, $60

(THREE DAYS LATER, November 11th, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $60)

(Two days later, November 13th, Super Mario 3D Land, $40)

One week later, (FOUR DAYS after you dropped $60 on Skyrim, and just two days after another $40 on Mario) November 15th, Need for Speed: The Run, Saintís Row The Third, Assassinís Creed Revelations, and almost confirmed rumor: Star Wars The Old Republic, $230

Three days later, November 18th, Zelda Skyward Sword, $50

THEN you get a break. Congrats, you somehow managed to just spend $1260 on core packages of your most anticipated titles in just about two months. The other $40 would come from Mario Kart 7, releasing December 4th. Oh, not to mention living expenses. Not to mention itís the holiday season and hopefully youíre buying gifts for loved ones etc. Yeah, weíre screwed. Look, obviously Iím not saying youíre going to run out and buy every single one of these on opening night. But as a gaming website, itís our job to get stuff up there for you as quick as possible. Plus personally loving to get games at launch along with pretty much the entire staff, this is insane. And I thought holiday 2007 was bad. Save those bills, kids. Youíre going to need them if you want to play even a FEW of your most anticipated titles this year. Which pretty much are all coming out back to back for three months straight. Boom, gaming community, roasted.

Edited by time2die (Wed 14-Sep-11 17:29:49)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 18:40:28
Print Post

Re: How to empty a gamers wallet quicker than the Mrs

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I have not paid full price for a game on day of realise in over a year , £12.99 gets me the game on day of realise , i get to keep it for 30 days , if i want to keep it i pay the difference or send it back if i don't .

If reviews are really rubbish i don't open it , just send it straight back and it costs me nothing .

I find it a much better way of playing the latest titles with out playing the trade in lottery .

Only problem is , i can only have two games at one time . which is a issue with the realise schedule , nothing is perfect i guess .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe

Edited by woweebert (Wed 14-Sep-11 18:41:28)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 00:54:09
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Basically you should know what is good and what is tat with the exception of a few like the latest Duke Puke Em,most reviews are there or there about but i do have issues with some sites like Edge .

I used to buy Edge every month and to me it was a Gamers Bible,but i have said it before and i will say it again they have lost a lot of credibility and to give Dead Island a 3/10 is just plane crazy and Immoral because this game does exactly what it is suppose to and is a really fun game.

I do make mistakes and bought into the reviews and hype surrounding the latest Resistance title,but as i expected it fails for me miserably and i traded that against Gears 3 next Tuesday.

Don't know if what you do is for me but i respect your ways ,where do you go to get that service and do the games actually arrive on time.

Some games are a chance but i know normally if i am going to like a game or not and i have not been disappointed that often just a few times this year which has obviously cost me money.

I buy a lot of games and i get bored with the majority quite quickly but at least i have a trade in option and i don't pay for full release games only when i pre/order the Big Ones.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 15-Sep-11 10:06:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

If you bought all those games though you wouldn't be able to play them all in time, especially things like Skyrim that is going to be a mammoth of a game like all Elder Scrolls are. Unless you do not work or dedicated all your spare time to gaming only buying 3 - 5 of those games would be enough to keep you busy until next year. I am going for:

BF3
Gears 3
COD
Fifa 12
Skyrim or Batman (not decided which, see how bored of RPG's I am after Dead Island lol)

I was going to get RAGE until I saw an advert at the cinema when I went to watch Inbetweeners, it looked pretty poor.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 15:16:32
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Totally agree Rage to me looks Pants and its not a game that interests me in the slightest to be honest,unless the game gets outstanding reviews and people on here rave about it then only then will i consider changing my mind.

I was not going to get all of those games Jaxx only about 5 or 6 ,the point been the crammed released schedule that happens every year.wink
  Print Thread

Jump to