Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 00:55:52
Print Post

Modern Warfare 3...Why you should buy the Hardened Edition

[link to this post]

Here is the reason why you should go hardened if you plan Picking up MW3 wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 15-Sep-11 01:03:00)

Standard User epyon
(member) Thu 15-Sep-11 01:51:52
Print Post

Re: Modern Warfare 3...Why you should buy the Hardened Editi

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

"A NEW DLC MAP PACK EVERY MONTH for the next year"

DO NOT WANT !

3-4 DLCs a year is more than enough imo.

BE*Unlimited
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by epyon (Thu 15-Sep-11 01:52:15)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 07:19:47
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

I think your in the minority there as most would welcome new maps every month and other stuff,the point being really that if you were the one of many that buys all the map packs then it would cost you a fortune if you were going to pay for it all on a monthly basis.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FireFalcon
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Sep-11 08:00:41
Print Post

TBH thats ridiculous (what acti are doing)

A DLC pack per month at $15 a go? thats truly disgusting

Anyone who does that is an idiot through and through no offence to present company but thats disgusting.

People say paying for xbox live is bad enough, but with that at least i can see where the cash is going, its bringing me services like sky, its bringing me exclusives and dlc a head of others, its bringing a solid secure service one which is policed too.

But acti are expecting people to pay $50 a year for this elite rubbish just so they get the privilege of some gimmicky videos which would otherwise be on youtube, some stats and other tack, horrid.

See i'm all for packs which combine everything up and give you a discount, for example im strongly considering gears 3's "season pass", that gives me 5 unique weapon skins and 33% off each of the 4 first (out of probably 5 total) dlc plus access to them a head of time, i think it comes with another bit or two as well, that goes for £10-14, which is quite reasonable considering the map packs will go for about 800-1200-1600 per pack depending whats in them. This is on top of a game which is heavily stacked up already. MW3 on the other hand - same multi, same story (which will probably be 6hrs again why break the habbit of a lifetime), same specop nonsense.

Pretty much EVERY other FPS from a dev who cares about the community has most of what COD Elite does for free. BF/gears/halo/tf2/css/etc, all free, from some providing heat maps to indepth stat tracking to all sorts, ALL FREE.

The only other company to come close to this shenanigans is THQ with saints row 3 with 40 weeks of dlc or something but they havent announced if its free or what so ill hold judgement.

Everyone should watch this, especially people considering MW3 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525

Laugh it then realise you are laughing at yourselves because you buying into it is just saying its ok for them to keep doing it because tons of people will.

Truly disgusting.

On a further note if they adding "New maps" every month for DLC then its not only going to rip the community between the have and have nots it raises the question just when was this stuff developed and shouldnt it have been with the game to start, because tricks like this reaks cut content to intentionally flog as dlc

Edited by FireFalcon (Thu 15-Sep-11 08:02:21)

Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Sep-11 09:17:21
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

agree its only idiots who would buy this and they the pones who are the reason game companies like CoD think they can carry on ripping off the public.

Its people like the OP and there ilk are the reason people are getting [censored] & ripped off.]

well done guys!

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Thu 15-Sep-11 10:02:45
Print Post

I completely agree with every point FireFalcon raised below, I will NOT be buying the hardened edition and I will NOT pay for new DLC every month. That will be like £5 - 10 a month on COD! It would be ok if you were a hardcore COD gamer as it's only the same as paying for a WOW subscription every month but I like to play a variety of games and getting 4 maps per DLC is just lame. I really hope this isn't where the games industry is going, I will have to find a new hobby if so, I love gaming but I won't pay through the nose for DLC on every game I buy.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 15:21:14
Print Post

I agree and hate paying for download content but the point of the thread Falcon was anyone that was going to buy map packs that are released monthly and other content would save a absolute fortune if they went for the hardened edition of MW3 .

Doing the maths you are saving at least £100 plus and i love new maps and content and i am not going to be the one that can not play against my friends because they have the map packs and i don't.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 15:31:26
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Thats all fine and dandy Jaxx if you stick to your principles and only buy a little content over the year,because once you buy more than 2 additional content downloaded you would have paid for the hardened edition in the first place and had a whopping year of content at no extra cost.

Im with you and Falcon on this one and i am not promoting what Activision and others are doing just trying to show other people the huge savings you will make by going for the Hardened edition in the first place.

You may or may not download map packs as often as others but I'm telling you now that there will be many thousands of people that will buy MW3 from online,high street,supermarkets that don't spend the time on gaming forums like some of us but will buy all the map packs only to realise that they could have made huge savings.

I was only picking up on what this guy was saying in his article and the huge difference in price structure if you bought the basic MW3 and intended on downloading each month and subscribing to the elite package.

Not only are you getting all there download content but the elite subscription for a year that costs around £30 anyway.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Sep-11 15:37:07
Print Post

[re: Wab] [link to this post]

Do you really think Falcon and Jaxx don't ever buy downloaded content especially with games like Battlefield and MW games.

If any of there buddies buy a map pack or subscribe to the elite service then sheep will follow tongue

As i have said i am not promoting what Activision are doing just stating some facts about price point and the savings made smile

I know for a fact that i will want the best online service and all additional content as soon as its available for download,especially games like MW3 and Battlefield because my love is FPS. So for me on a personal level like it or not will buy the hardened edition because it will save me a small fortune over the year and millions of others will follow suit once they see the savings that can be made.

having said all that I'm with the rest of you about having to pay for the content in the first place,but if thats how it is then a few here and there who refuse to bow to activisions greed and demands will change nothing.

Now if there was a massive campaign and out cry and petition with millions of others raging about this proposed service then i would join into that.

But COD sells millions and they are not going to worry about the few hundred thousand that ditch the idea when 50 million others will buy it.

Edited by time2die (Thu 15-Sep-11 15:42:36)

Standard User Gzero
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Sep-11 16:39:12
Print Post

I save even more by not buying it. tongue

If that's your kettle of fish then by all means go ahead. There's plenty of competition in the market with next to nothing in terms of share willing to offer more value for money for me. laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to