Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Sep-11 05:18:49
Print Post

portal = free

[link to this post]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/?snr=1_7_7_151...

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Sep-11 05:53:27
Print Post

Re: portal = free

[re: 12eason] [link to this post]

Nice catch, but i can help but think who doesnt have portal by now tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Sep-11 07:59:45
Print Post

[re: FireFalcon] [link to this post]

Just like Sony offering 2 free games out of 4 that more than likely 80% of us had already purchased like myself when there online service was hacked and taken down.

Yes the service is free and people will say Sony did not have to offers any compensation but thats not the point.

You can see the Sony Big Wigs now sitting around a massive conference table asking themselves what can we give the people that use our service a choice of 4 games that will not impact us on a financle level.

Something else i have to mention regarding the Playstation plus service and the content that is put on there,every week we get some Playstation 1 games or some retro game from the past,so i am asking myself why do they think we want to buy a next generation console at the time and then play stuff from 10 years ago on it.

What is the point of actually making the leap in the first place if we are flooded with 8 and 16 bit so called classics from the past,this is the last thing i would be buying on a playstation or xbox 360 and if i wanted to do retro i would get my Snes and N64 out and play Super Metroid and Starfox and Goldeneye.tongue

Edited by time2die (Fri 16-Sep-11 15:00:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 16-Sep-11 14:48:14
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Do you already have Portal time2die? Runs well on Macs apparently. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Sep-11 15:04:40
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

Not on the Mac mate but played both of them on the consoles,for free its a good thing mate i agree especially now i have a Mac,but seriously even though its free i have played it to death and there is little reason for me to download it.

Add to the fact i have no real interest in playing games on this Mac or any other PC for that matter,i did not keep portal 2 that long if i am honest as i got a little fed up with it and it did not have the initial impact of the first game, a bit like Bioshock really as i thought the first game was Brilliant but got quite disappointed with the follow up.
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 16-Sep-11 15:08:58
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I hear you on Portal 2. While it was nice enough, it seemed to be lacking a bit compared to the first.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Sep-11 15:26:13
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

If i am totally honest mate as i have aged my patience is virtually zero and if i get confused in a game or puzzled starring at a television screen for ages then i got to admit my interest fades really fast.

its probably why i enjoy FPS so much,don't need to do much thinking,exploring,puzzles just point and shoot things...........Easy and no Brain power required.wink except when you buy Brink or Duke nuke em forever and then you wonder did i have a brain in the first place wink
  Print Thread

Jump to