Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Sep-11 00:40:05
Print Post

Battlefield 3.......Xbox 360 Footage.....

[link to this post]

Its been a long time coming but here is some Battlefield 360 FOOTAGE,smile

Game ships on 2 Disks unlike the Playstation Blu ray single disk,still undecided what to get this on regarding consoles as i have swapped and changed a few times due to the fact only PC and Playstation footage was previously shown which by Playstation standards is pretty rare as it normally get shafted with multi platform titles.

A few months back developers at Dice were saying the Playstation version is really sweet,would not mind betting when the game is nearer release date the tables are turned and the 360 version reigns supreme once again.wink

Edited by time2die (Sat 17-Sep-11 00:45:11)

Standard User ccxo
(member) Sat 17-Sep-11 01:10:31
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3.......Xbox 360 Footage.....

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Console versions will be [censored], Battlefield is a PC game and always will be, hence why pc is lead version.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 17-Sep-11 01:36:31
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Console versions will be [censored], Battlefield is a PC game and always will be, hence why pc is lead version.

Yeah, but I've got a bigger willy than you.

Does it really matter to you that much that you feel the need to slag off the version you won't be buying? Here's an idea, why not review the one you will be buying instead?

It's a simple idea so it should suit you down to the ground. wink

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Sep-11 09:22:51
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

This is exactly what i mean you put a post about Battlefields Xbox 360 footage for those with consoles that are in the dark and the PC crowd jump in telling us the obvious that the PC is the lead platform and consoles versions will be [censored].

Once upon a time many years ago there was a time when all games were developed on a PC and consoles were a after thought,but now in the future Consoles reign supreme and we all know Battlefield will look and play better on a fancy rig but console gamers don't care and enjoy the experience regardless of not having such high resolution and graphical capabilities and 500 players in a map [i mean 64 as opposed 24] .
Do you really think that that is going to ruin an otherwise great game,its the same with the Mouse and Keyboard v the control pad on consoles and how a FPS is better with those PC accessories, yeah when i was gaming on a PC they were wonderful but i easily made the switch to a Dual shock or xbox controller no problems what so ever.

I think PC gamers in general have a view that consoles have ruined game development because there have been quite a few posts in the past referring to this point.

Even if Sony and Microsoft released a new generation console next week we all are well aware that a super high end gaming rig will out perform both of them.

I think that there is a place in the market for both and you make the choice of what you prefer and thats down to personnel choice and preference regardless of what is more powerful than the other.

Even that argument is debatable on consoles because time and time again we are seeing news articles about how far superior the playstation is in terms of power compared to a 360 yet time and time again the xbox 360 produces the best versions of most multi platform games be it lighting,screen tear,draw distance,fps the 360 seems to dominate.

Edited by time2die (Sat 17-Sep-11 10:11:57)

Standard User mrnelster
(experienced) Sat 17-Sep-11 10:41:07
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
I think PC gamers in general have a view that consoles have ruined game development because there have been quite a few posts in the past referring to this point.

I think that's probably the crux of it mate. wink

And even if they are right (which I'm not qualified to comment on as I haven't ever really gamed on the PC), why would that be our fault ( console gamers that is)?

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User ccxo
(member) Sun 18-Sep-11 00:24:15
Print Post

Consoles do nothing to improve gaming, dated systems that limit game development, all consoles prove to be is a cash flow to publishers to push out unfinished games at high prices.

Which the mindless masses keep buying each sucessive sequal at full price, paying to play online for the xbox fan boys, thinking there system is the best against other consoles.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Sun 18-Sep-11 00:40:43)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Sep-11 01:05:33
Print Post

So you are obviously just a PC gamer and don't do console gaming,may i ask if you have even tried playing certain games on consoles before you got to this decision .

Im interested at some more in depth feeling that you have because we have similar posters in the forum that seem a little frustrated at consoles and you can tell that they have a similar view to you regarding PC.

Some of your points are quite interesting like you say Consoles do nothing to improve gaming with dated system and limit game development .

Do you really think that consoles have had such a drastic effect on development of games,and me been one of the mindless masses along with another 500 million contributing to gaming downfall.

I have nothing against you and your views mate as long as you except that not everyone is interested in PC gaming anymore and companies like Nintendo,Sony,Microsoft are a business and thats where the Money actually is .

You and me both know 10 years ago everything that was game related was developed for a PC first and for most,now a decade later its the exact opposite and it aint my doing because i was happily playing some Wicked PC games at the time when the Console makers arrived.

Then as the consoles got established and the Millions of idiots [me included] or masses as you say joined the band wagon we found another way of enjoying gaming without upgrading a graphic card every few months,or buying more ram,or downloading a patch from a site ,or installing punk buster,then getting kicked out of a online game by punk buster,then when actually finding a decent online game it was full of hackers,and the list of problems associated with PC games is why the Masses in the first place jumped at the chance to play on consoles.

Edited by time2die (Sun 18-Sep-11 09:33:13)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 09:27:32
Print Post

But on release they are usually there or there abouts in comparison.

Not everybody drives a Mercedes, and if they did they would not change it every 6 months when new features were added to the new model. Consoles have driven the huge rise in gaming, on and offline. It doesn't make them the best platform technically. But it says something about the preferences of people with busy lives. Most of the PC gamers I know are single, or have older families that don't command so much of their time.

But some of them feel the need to do nothing but knock the lack of functionality and mods on consoles, and come up with "real world" arguments as to why PC gaming should replace them. Then boast about their latest 18 hour gaming session.

Neither are really the point of a console.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 10:42:17
Print Post

I'm quite happy about consoles, its keeps all the kiddies away from the PC ..

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 10:48:09
Print Post

[re: Wab] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wab:
I'm quite happy about consoles, its keeps all the kiddies away from the PC ..

So the big kiddy doesn't have to share? tongue

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to