Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Sep-11 13:27:39
Print Post

Ico HD collection

[link to this post]

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-_zB41hq1k&feature=y...

Interesting interview. Can't believe I never found these games during my PS2 days. Now I'm looking forward to the 30th September.

Last Guardian will be a definite for me now. And all three games are suitable to pass on to my girls aswell which is a bonus. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Sep-11 01:51:19
Print Post

Re: Ico HD collection

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

The Last Guardian has been on my radar for at least 18 months but it seems to have been delayed until next year,it was due round about now but not much of the game has ever been shown apart from the trailer 6 months ago.

It is a surprise to me that these games past you by mate when you were playstation 2 gaming, i mean your gaming knowledge as far as I'm concerned is as good as most on here and these were probably up with some if not the best playstation 2 games of that generation.

Both are outstanding games but Shadow has to be my favourite because its basically just trying to find and defeat guardians,problem for you is that they are like 6 years old and what was brilliant on a Playstation 2 then don't look half as good by todays standards even though they both have a HD make over.

They are still worth the purchase and even though i have played them both to death i also have pre/ordered the HD package to revisit a bit of classic nostalgia.

On many occasions i have openly admitted i don't do Retro..........But when they are games of this quality and games like Zelda i make a exception to the rule wink
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 18-Sep-11 09:01:00
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Back then mate it was girls beer and gaming, in that order. Or was it beer, girls then gaming? wink

Seriously though, my Shooter fix was mainly multiplayer Goldeneye on my neighbours Nintendo. Big head mode never got old, lol! FIFA and Tiger Woods was another main stay when everybody had a hangover. And one game nobody seemed to remember that we had tremendous fun with was called Driven to Destruction. The single player never really got touched. But the different race modes were brilliant in MP. Not brain taxing but simple pick up and play fun. Far less monotonous than Gran Tourismo was after a weeks play. If that had an online private match mode we would probably still be playing it to this day. grin

And the little time I had to play alone was probably spent on Resident Evil. You know, when it was actually quite scary?

So yeah, I guess they just passed me by really. I'm really looking forward to Shadow, and I think the girls will love ICO so it's win/win really.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Sep-11 09:30:54
Print Post

Mines actually Gaming,The Dog,Football,Music,Films then the Girlfriend tongue only kidding as she should not be that far up the list smile blush

On a serious note if you enjoy games that need you to explore and work out ways around levels with puzzles and stuff then ICO is a breath of fresh air,Shadow was the follow up but its such a different style of game and involves as i said just going on quests and destroying those huge guardians.

I am sure once you start playing either they will take up a fair bit of your time until you know when.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Oct-11 07:22:53
Print Post

Finally got the chance to get into ICO properly yesterday. Visually and audibly it is an enchanting little game. Flipping hard until you start realising what is required of you though. I've gotten stuck a couple of times by not seeing the absolute obvious.

I'm not the most patient person anymore if I'm honest, so I have to put it down and come back to it later to stop me giving up. The last trophy I got was aptly named failure, lol!

The one big downside in my opinion is the camera. Sometimes it is impossible to view where you are going and it isn't possible to invert. Grrrr!

Overall a brilliant game though, and the perfect example of content over appearance. Just have to see if I've got the patient (and the time) to finish it. wink

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 08:50:33
Print Post

I still have the wrapper on the game as I'm so into Gears 3, both great games and when i do open it i will start with shadow which will not require a lot of patience in knowing what to do but simply understanding a certain way to destroy Guardians like you have never seen before.

Really there was no reason for me to buy then as i have plenty to play and there is so much coming out,gave up on Battlefield after 5 minutes,Dark souls and Rage get released this week and then there is that Playstation game the heist you keep going on about and then MW3 wink

Oh yeah and the original crysis hits the consoles this week and according to developers it looks better than it did on a PC all those years back.

Edited by time2die (Mon 03-Oct-11 08:59:59)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Oct-11 18:57:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Really there was no reason for me to buy then as i have plenty to play and there is so much coming out,gave up on Battlefield after 5 minutes,Dark souls and Rage get released this week and then there is that Playstation game the heist you keep going on about and then MW3...

Maybe not, but I'm glad you introduced me to it. The challenge now will be resisting the urge to jump into Shadow before finishing Ico!

As far as I'm concerned mate, multiplayer is pretty much broken on consoles full stop. With a very low ping you are wasting your time. Anything with great co-op is where I will be spending most of my time now. MW3 spec ops will be tremendous. The MP I don't hold out much hope for.

But until then The Heist will do me. They say if you shoot the hostages it becomes cop crazy, so I'll be clear from the start.......sorry mister hostage! grin

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 19:24:29
Print Post

Like that Airport scene from MW2 i could not resist shooting the poor civilians myself.

Thats the trouble when you have so many games released in a short period then temptation to look at others is always to great for me and i bunny hop back and forward depending if a certain games does not hold my attention for to long.
  Print Thread

Jump to